Sponsored

Project: Mall Crawler

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T, JLU Sport S
I think it looks pretty cool. More importantly, I appreciate @JusADudefromDetroit posting his work on here. It's his Jeep, he can do whatever he pleases. Actually, I'm a bit jealous because I wouldn't be able to afford all 5 wheels/tires -- in other words, wife would kill me if I spent that kind of $$ on wheels/tires!

JusADude, maybe I'll see you around! I'm in the metro Detroit area too. You better take that thing to the Dream Cruise! :rock:
Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Have to agree with @JusADudefromDetroit on this one: that's plenty of sidewall to get over curbs at the mall. Once he gets the lift on there, I'll bet he can tackle the toughest malls Detroit has to offer!
An inch of sidewall can CLIMB over a curb. I'm talking about sidewall HEIGHT. It's cringeworthy seeing a Wrangler that can get curb rash. How do you not understand that?

OP
OP
JusADudefromDetroit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 YJ...2018 Rubicon JL...1968 Camaro convertible
Tire size is not an indication of sidewall size when your wheels are large enough to get curb rash
I got enough side wall for the Mall parking lot...Mind your business and kick rocks..Remember it cost nothing to pay me and M TRUCK that I bought with MY MONEY no mind...

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I got enough side wall for the Mall parking lot...Mind your business and kick rocks..Remember it cost nothing to pay me and M TRUCK that I bought with MY MONEY no mind...
Hey there, don't get all butt hurt over other's opinions when you make a thread calling your jeep a mall crawler with low profile tires. What were you expecting? All rainbows and daisies?

Sponsored

Firstwave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara 2018 Mazda CX9
Your jeep has a lot of personality. I felt the same way about wanting a Rubicon just cause I like the way they looked but in the end ordered the Sahara. I don't off road but spend time on forest roads and dirt roads.
Enjoy your Jeep.

JeepOn

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, RAM 3500, E350 Benz
Haters are going to hate. Its your Jeep, rock it however you want to. To each their own. While I personally wouldn’t do this to my Jeep, I can appreciate everyone’s opinion. I’m sure there are things I’ve done to my vehicles that others wouldn’t do to theirs.

Some people like IPAs, some like lagers. Blondes, brunettes, redheads, they are all fun. Its what makes us all different and its awesome.

OP
OP
JusADudefromDetroit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey there, don't get all butt hurt over other's opinions when you make a thread calling your jeep a mall crawler with low profile tires. What were you expecting? All rainbows and daisies?
I am absolutely not “Butt Hurt” I don’t care about people’s opinions...I just like to make sure that they know it...See, I’m not into debates or feelings...I speak how I feel...Fuck your feelings...So if you make a comment and I want to tell you that your comment only matters to you, your wife, your kids and your dog...So be it...

Sponsored

OP
OP
JusADudefromDetroit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just threw up in my mouth a little :facepalm:
I take some styling cues from everybody but this is absolutley not my idea of an “Ideal” Wrangler BUT, The guys who built these love them so...I can respect that...Everyone can’t have wranglers that look the same...

OP
OP
JusADudefromDetroit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haters are going to hate. Its your Jeep, rock it however you want to. To each their own. While I personally wouldn’t do this to my Jeep, I can appreciate everyone’s opinion. I’m sure there are things I’ve done to my vehicles that others wouldn’t do to theirs.

Some people like IPAs, some like lagers. Blondes, brunettes, redheads, they are all fun. Its what makes us all different and its awesome.
Yeah....I like IPA’s too.

OP
OP
JusADudefromDetroit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An inch of sidewall can CLIMB over a curb. I'm talking about sidewall HEIGHT. It's cringeworthy seeing a Wrangler that can get curb rash. How do you not understand that?
Btw....So absolutely can’t get “rim rash” on MY TRUCK...The picture don’t really do a great job of depicting the way this truck actually looks...I went from 18 inch rims to 22in rims...that’s plus 4 inches...I went from 33inch tires to 37 INCH TIRES...Uuuh once again that’s plus 4...I won’t reply to you again but your are wasting far too many key stokes on my truck...It would be easier for you to NOT CLICK MY THREADS and kick rocks...Once again it cost you nothing TO PAY ME NO MIND...✊

OP
OP
JusADudefromDetroit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it looks pretty cool. More importantly, I appreciate @JusADudefromDetroit posting his work on here. It's his Jeep, he can do whatever he pleases. Actually, I'm a bit jealous because I wouldn't be able to afford all 5 wheels/tires -- in other words, wife would kill me if I spent that kind of $$ on wheels/tires!

JusADude, maybe I'll see you around! I'm in the metro Detroit area too. You better take that thing to the Dream Cruise! :rock:
If I go to the cruise, I’ll be in my 68’ Vert Camaro and the rims weren’t expensive...I paid around 3 grand for all 5...I’m not into spending 750 per rim or 500 per tire...These are only for show...Once the summer is over, the factories with 37 inch tires are going back on...

OP
OP
JusADudefromDetroit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A spacer lift shouldn't affect your ride quality. Did you drive it stock much before install to compare? It may not have been done properly. With those tires though, you're probably going to need more lift anyway. I'm not sure how much you should expect as far as ride quality goes with a ridiculous vehicle like this. Wrangler's are rough as hell from the get-go.
Yeah, I drove it maybe 1500 miles before the lift kit...I took it back and had it re-torqued and a new alignment and it rides much better but I want some higher end shocks and a higher end lift...But in the meantime it’s cool and it’s funny, I almost got anTrackhawk and wide body Hellcat Challenger but this truck has been making people go nuts everywhere I go...And it just seems to be more fun even though I love speed...The insurance payment is what really made up my mind in the end though...
Sponsored