Sponsored

How do you start a class action lawsuit?

4WHLFUN

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
In the past month I have been notified I am eligible to join a class action suit against: 1 Ticketmaster, 2 Wells Fargo, 3 Equifax, 4 Anthem Health Insurance, and 5 MLB.TV. I personally would not put any effort into these but It doesn’t cost me anything and I am glad someone somewhere is holding corporations accountable for their actions.
Sadly that is why these disturb me..... the corporation isn’t really held accountable and most of the time don’t learn a lesson.

To continue with my example story, LG probably saved millions buying inferior parts not as efficient but still charged consumers more. In additions they likely got government tax breaks for having th high efficiency ratings. Because they “settled” the class, let’s say it cost them 2 million when the devious act overall netted them 10 million. Is there motivation to do this again or not do it again? And not even knowing a class was filed that I was part of I had no say in whether to settle or not. Many classes never go the full mile cause they are expensive.

Anyway, I’m back off my soapbox. This situation stinks for us but a class action is not the answer in my opinion.
Sponsored

Hip2u77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine: '14 JKUR, Hers: '18 JLUR
If the off-road pages had a front camera to help with spotting or anything other than something you can already get on your dash, or tons of apps for free, then I could understand, but. . . I don't.
This is what would be more appealing to real off road users.... Alpine Electronics is making units that do just that with selective camera angles/positions.
Kind of amusing. . . I've had a Lockpick installed on the 430N in our '12 and now our '14. I installed a backup camera in both but never took advantage of the many other inputs to install front and side cameras. Numerous times me or my wife have had to get out to find the line while cresting hills in Moab - something a front camera would help with - yet, I never got around to installing one. I've got a couple cameras that I bought for my RZR1K, so maybe I'll install one next weekend.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
The Raptor has a front facing "Rock Cam". It's pretty cool!
It is cool, but a shame that it only works in 4lo. When I had mine I installed NavTV (a video in motion defeat module) so that I could access both cameras at any speed and in 2 or 4 wheel drive. Front camera was handy for pulling all the way into the garage or to a wall without bumping. Never used it for its intended purpose...

Malve

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU, 2012 QX56
Occupation
CEO
I think it might be a little premature to start a lawsuit at this time. Lets give them a chance to do the right thing first. It’s only been a couple of days. The decision makers probably aren’t even aware of it yet. But they should be by the middle of next week. There’s still a chance that this is all a big misunderstanding and that it will be fixed ASAP. But if not, sign me up!
...and as per other thread...This was the prudent course of action.

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I spoke to Jeep via phone yesterday 4/23/18 and it I was told the Off Road Pages was going to be returned via an over the air update for the 2018JL. However, could not provide any ETA. The representative told me to call back in a week if I did not see the update on my screen and he would further investigate an ETA.. I think he was just trying to get me off the phone. I suggest if you are interested in this feature you call Jeep customer service weekly.

Sponsored

My#8andlast

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I spoke to Jeep via phone yesterday 4/23/18 and it I was told the Off Road Pages was going to be returned via an over the air update for the 2018JL. However, could not provide any ETA. The representative told me to call back in a week if I did not see the update on my screen and he would further investigate an ETA.. I think he was just trying to get me off the phone. I suggest if you are interested in this feature you call Jeep customer service weekly.
I was just thinking about calling them for an update last week so thanks! Glad to hear it's still coming but yea, I doubt it will be here in a week. Hope everybody keeps this thread updated.

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I was just thinking about calling them for an update last week so thanks! Glad to hear it's still coming but yea, I doubt it will be here in a week. Hope everybody keeps this thread updated.
If interested—Lets all call Jeep Cutomer Service (877-426-5337) this week or next and ask that we be provided a reasonable ETA of when we can expect the Off Road Pages update to be sent or reinstalled. It is time to get this wrapped up.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
So, does this require the 8.4 UConnect upgrade to have offroad pages? Or should the 7" Uconnect also have it? I'd trade Android Auto for offroad pages right now. AA blows.

OP
OP
BillyHW

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
If interested—Lets all call Jeep Cutomer Service (877-426-5337) this week or next and ask that we be provided a reasonable ETA of when we can expect the Off Road Pages update to be sent or reinstalled. It is time to get this wrapped up.
I doubt we'll see anything until the fall, honestly.

OP
OP
BillyHW

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
So, does this require the 8.4 UConnect upgrade to have offroad pages? Or should the 7" Uconnect also have it? I'd trade Android Auto for offroad pages right now. AA blows.
Only on the 8.4.

Sponsored

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
A nice bumper to bumper line-up in front of FCA headquarters or Toledo plant to protest would make it into the media fast.

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
AA is great! Love it! It is certainly better than Apple Car Play.

I just did a Jeep chat and the rep said she is 100% sure the off-road pages will be added, but had no information on a time frame.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Could you please elaborate? What's wrong with Android Auto in the JL?
If UConnect was a piece of art in a museum, Android Auto would be a sketch in a kindergartner's scrap book.

It's the most simplified, basic, useless piece of technology that I've ever seen hyped on the internet. I much prefer to just use UConnect. In fact, I got so sick of AA taking over my phone as soon as I hop in the Jeep that I deleted the app. I bought a smart phone, not a 1998 Nokia.
Sponsored