JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Silvertoy

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
We are all attempting to extrapolate from very limited data — maybe 20-30 vehicles a day out of 600-900 — so yes, shadows on the wall.

I do have a suspicion that the scheduling algorithm, rather than starting at the oldest orders and attempting to schedule them, attempts to schedule the newest orders first. Then, occasionally, humans intervene and force schedule the older orders in places where a nearly identical newer order has been scheduled, which reschedules the newer order. This pretty well explains why orders seem to get D1-scheduled immediately OR languish in D for a long time, but very rarely something in between. It also explains why some people are D1-scheduled but then revert to D for a while.

But agreed — it was written by interns from the local community college in 1993. 😂
I envision it's like the equivalent of checking emails, but they just can't seem to keep up. So instead of working from the bottom, they're always starting at the top, when a particularly big blast of orders comes in, they don't ever seem to get to all of them that day, so the ones on top of them start to pile up.... Until someone takes the time to go to the bottom and see what's been forgotten down there. Like I do with my emails once a month, to make sure I don't lose anything due to my retention policy. Sometimes, the person working from the top and the person working from the bottom don't quite meet up, that's when you get in purgatory and why you either get picked up immediately, or 30, or 60 or 90 days and why there's always clumps at those intervals. All my 6/20-6/24 peeps, we're hopefully gonna get on the 60 day here soon. LOL. 😅....😪

Advertisement

Jesus_fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Clubs

I ordered on 7/2 and had an original build date scheduled for 8/5. On 8/4 my dealer said it's been bumped to 8/25. There are orders that were placed well after mine that are being built and intransit for delivery. I'm pretty sure it's not color related because they can paint anything and put it aside for any order then grab that body and go. There has to be something about the specific orders of any given Jeep's specs that match up with what's being done on the line that triggers the build, including location. I think a few people made some decent points about the logistics of it all. Why build a one off that's going to Conway, AR if there's nothing else in the pipeline going that way? You'd pay a ton for transportation or it would just sit gathering dust in their parking lot and risk being dinged or scratched. Oh well, interesting points to ponder while i sit here staring out my window. Think I'll get my Jeep logo painted on the garage wall. 😆😜
This makes sense, the build sheets have a code for region right?

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Heard from my dealer today. (ever notice how we kinda sound like drug addicts on here?)

Build scheduled for 8/21. Pretty excited!!!
I ordered basically the same thing on 6/21.
It was built late last week, done today and dropped off the bus station for its ride to the dealer.

so that’s your timeline more or less.

ohh and the build sheet and sticker came in saturday and today.

JLUAltitude

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Unlimited Sport Altitude
What I don't understand, is I can buy a 2.00 dollar piece of crap off of Amazon and basically know where it is the whole time til it gets to my door. Yet, when a jeep leaves Toledo on a train, it goes into a black hole where nobody knows anything. Then it magically appears some days or weeks later at the dealer. How is it in this day and age we cannot know what train our vehicle is on and where, including what specific car in the train it is sitting???? Same for a vehicle on a truck????

Sponsored

SFWSCX3

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 05 Cayenne Turbo, 14 X5 D 21 JLURD
What I don't understand, is I can buy a 2.00 dollar piece of crap off of Amazon and basically know where it is the whole time til it gets to my door. Yet, when a jeep leaves Toledo on a train, it goes into a black hole where nobody knows anything. Then it magically appears some days or weeks later at the dealer. How is it in this day and age we cannot know what train our vehicle is on and where, including what specific car in the train it is sitting???? Same for a vehicle on a truck????
I

Call Your Sales person. My guy text me daily on my last MOPAR build. He was able to update me where the vehicle was in transit. He’d tell me it’s last location. He was looking at Jeep shipments with me the other day. Don’t let them tell you they can’t look. I’m not sure, but it seemed to be the same system that provided status codes on the builds.

Last edited:

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Because you're not yet the owner or paying the transportation. I think once it ships it's then the dealers and they get a copy of the rail manifest. That should tell them exactly which car it's on and update the tracking when the car passes an RFID point. Or maybe it's not the dealers until it get unloaded and put on a truck. Either way, that's why. Either Jeep or the dealer can track it. If they have the car# they can call the RR for tracking if it's not updating their system. I did Intermodal transportation for 12 years.

JBean42

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Acura TLX A-Spec; 2020 Chevy Silverado
Having a moment here, sorry.

Try 7 weeks with no movement or updates, even tho I contacted Jeep Corp Phone Support and my dealer both yesterday, with my handy dandy Case #.

Dead air. Not a peep out of either.

Apparently 7 weeks is my limit for frustration.

I have now officially crossed into pissed off and I'm done being nice.

What good will it do? None.
What can we do? Nuthin except come here and whine about it.

I'm about ready to caravan up to Toledo with the fella that said he wanted to go there and crash his Jeep right through the f'n front doors.

I got full, replacement coverage, but then I'd have to order again and not sure I could handle it. Oh and I really can't cuz I have NO idea when it's gonna show up.

They have taken a very exciting event and completely ruined it for me and my family.

Now off to check for a build sheet, then look at those charts so I can really be pissed.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ok, I'm done, sorry.
I will go with you. Same experience - ordered in June. Grrr.

Come2elmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chev 2500 HD, 16 Chevy Burb
First Jeep order:
  • JLURD
  • Snazzy
  • Color top & fenders
  • GG
  • Trailer tow
  • Block heater
  • Prox
  • Remote start

Ordered 7/29
Von:7/29
Vin: 8/2
F status: 8/7

Stoked that it has gotten this far this fast...but don't want to jinx it...
So update per Jeep chat and dealer verified...

8/10: Shipped to dealer est delivery 8/10 - 8/19

So they built that thing in roughly 11 calendar days...build sheet and sticker not on crypto yet so who knows what they built at this point though. I just hope it has all the right parts and it isn't mojito, hella yella, or fonzi's girlfriend!

Sponsored

RayAllen

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I'm fairly new here so it's probably already been covered........ but with all the people on this forum, and all the people those people know, wouldn't someone have learned the actual method by which the factory schedules and proceeds with orders?

Big_Lebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2016 JKUR Rock Crawler
Occupation
I glow in the dark!
Ordered: 8/2 (Gupton)
Current: D

White JLURD
Leather, Floor Mats
Color matched fenders / Black hard top
Dual Door group
Safety groups
Steel Bumpers
Hinge gate reinforcement
8.4 Premium audio, Camera
LED
Tow
Remote Prox
Cold Weather
Gorilla Glass

I'm in no hurry, but will be fun to watch and see if I'm a lucky or unlucky person. :LOL:

Monsjeep

First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler sport JLU
I'm fairly new here so it's probably already been covered........ but with all the people on this forum, and all the people those people know, wouldn't someone have learned the actual method by which the factory schedules and proceeds with orders?
You would think but there seems to be no rhyme or reason. Everything from equipment to color, location etc hasn’t proven to be a pattern for sequencing.
I’m on wk 7 and still in D1.
JC tried to use the wk shut down to chip shortage as reasoning behind the delay. Also told me 7-9 weeks from order to delivery in the same chat. When pressed she finally escalated me and gave me a case number with a “someone will contact you tomorrow” certainly not holding my breath as I’ve read crickets are likely.

Monsjeep

First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is no scheduling madness. All that D, D1 bullshit was created in an attempt to appease customers. the reality is that the line workers meet every morning, draw VON's from a hat and decide to build either in ascending or descending order.
Simply no madness at all, they have a system, dammit!
[/QUOTE
I’ve solved it!!
Eenie, meenie, miney, mo 😂😖😖😤

Monsjeep

First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is no scheduling madness. All that D, D1 bullshit was created in an attempt to appease customers. the reality is that the line workers meet every morning, draw VON's from a hat and decide to build either in ascending or descending order.
Simply no madness at all, they have a system, dammit!
I’ve solved it!!
eenie, meenie, miney, mo 😂😖😤

Advertisement

Advertisement