Sponsored

Door nets recommendations?

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport
Just this morning, I finally got fed up and pulled them out. They literally just pulled out of the trim. It’s an under wire with an elastic band at the top. Looks way better than the sagging nets.
Jeep Wrangler JL Door nets recommendations? CA4D770B-55CE-42E3-AE58-83CA0B4A5ECE
Jeep Wrangler JL Door nets recommendations? 4760A6EB-6DE3-40ED-9430-68CCE3E77B88

While I was at it, I had an idea. I tried replacing them with the plastic chicken pen nets and 1/4 inch elastic run along the outside. Then using a screwdriver, pushed the cord into the molding on the door. Came out ok. I’ll see how long it lasts.
Jeep Wrangler JL Door nets recommendations? 14BA230D-1BCA-4FF8-8DDE-BA872DD9AD63
Jeep Wrangler JL Door nets recommendations? 58FD8983-E8CB-4C97-9BD4-CB80553CEBDE

Anyway it was a cheap solution with stuff I had laying around. However, even just having them off looked good enough for me.

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
They are such a joke. Mine are all stretched out. .. barely used them with very small, light items. Jeep really cheaped out on the nets. I hope the aftermarket provides a product to resolve. I might just remove them as well as they are so sloppy looking now.

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport
They are such a joke. Mine are all stretched out. .. barely used them with very small, light items. Jeep really cheaped out on the nets. I hope the aftermarket provides a product to resolve. I might just remove them as well as they are so sloppy looking now.
Agreed. Just keep waiting for someone to put out a real solution, but so far I haven’t seen anything for the JL.

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL

CaliforniaWheelin'

First Name
Sullivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK
Someone with some skills should make a molle solution to this. Doesn’t need to be a useable “net” but a place where you can mount different accessories like a zipper bag or a cup holder… I would do it but I don’t have said “skills.” My idea is free though!

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Damn thread just made me order this https://amzn.to/3ur9oQ8
Jeep Wrangler JL Door nets recommendations? 677D63A9-A7A2-4308-BE4A-651FE04C46F5

Im thinking the front bottle holder will help make the net tighter and the rear one had tabs that slide into the trim instead of sticky tape like other designs. This should be perfect for me as I keep bottles of water in every door and I’ve been using the floppy nets to do it so far

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
Then she wanted to sit on the fenders, again
That’s just plain stupid. Anyone aware of their surrounding would not sit on molded plastic portions of a vehicle. It’s common sense.

I’m honestly so happy I’m single after hearing multiple users on this forum speak about the things their significant others do and say regarding vehicles.

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Damn thread just made me order this https://amzn.to/3ur9oQ8
677D63A9-A7A2-4308-BE4A-651FE04C46F5.png

Im thinking the front bottle holder will help make the net tighter and the rear one had tabs that slide into the trim instead of sticky tape like other designs. This should be perfect for me as I keep bottles of water in every door and I’ve been using the floppy nets to do it so far
Today I stood a water bottle up in my net where that bottle holder would be and the bottle already touches my calf. Might just skip the drivers door

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL

702Rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner
Beyond the blatant sexism here...I'm always amused by people who own Wranglers then fret over cosmetic scratches. I see one of the people doing that here owns a Rubi, for crissakes. Get that thing out in the boonies and use it!

I buy 4WD's to go wheeling, not to be gleaming show pieces. In no time at all they have "desert pin striping", there will be scratches on the rims, and eventually maybe a few deeper dings and scratches. The interior will be dusty. And I'll be smiling. :rock:

Back on topic...I found this thread while looking for something to replace those stupid mesh door pockets. On my JK, they of course sagged. I used tiny black zip-ties to scrunch them up so they were still usable. 👍

Appears there still aren't many options for JL's. Hopefully more manufacturers will step up soon!

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU, 2006 LJ, 2006 Wrangler Pickup
What about something like this? Overland Outfitters recently released door pockets for the JK/JKU and they're now planning to do something similar for the JL/JLU/Gladiator. Here are two prototypes:

Design2b.jpg

Design1b.jpg

They're trying to decide which version to go with; if anyone has any feedback post it and I'll forward it on to them.

They've also done a Molle version for the JK/JKU but the pocket version is much more popular so they tell me they might not to a Molle version for the JL.

JKMolle2.jpg

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
What about something like this? Overland Outfitters recently released door pockets for the JK/JKU and they're now planning to do something similar for the JL/JLU/Gladiator. Here are two prototypes:

Jeep Wrangler JL Door nets recommendations? JKMolle2

They're trying to decide which version to go with; if anyone has any feedback post it and I'll forward it on to them.

They've also done a Molle version for the JK/JKU but the pocket version is much more popular so they tell me they might not to a Molle version for the JL.

I like the second style. I would buy something like this. I would prefer black with red accents to match my interior though.
Sponsored