Sponsored

The dealership ordered the wrong Jeep!!???!

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Well I better not be waiting till then… I move at the end of July to a new city far away for my new job… and they said the same 4-6 week time frame as the “first one” but this was a “special expedited one” and spoke to some head honcho over in Ohio or wherever factory
Definitely could be still placing orders for 21s. I just know many dealers have been telling people anything placed now will be 22 MY. Truly hope you get ASAP.
Sponsored

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
When I was in school I was ripping my couch apart trying to find enough change to buy a beer...so I really can’t relate. I get the frustration, but it’s only time and when they fix your order you’ll probably wind up with a 2022?
You said what I was thinking. I was hoping my ghetto ass 1984 Nissan Sentra would start every morning in college.

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
This would really tick me off.
Seriously. If my brand new Rubicon order got messed up while I was away at college, I would threaten to get my dad and family lawyer involved. /sarcasm/

WTF? Now I'm really Pi$$3d off first thing in the morning. I had to work and save A LONG TIME before my first new Jeep.

Sponsored

kmmn

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary EcoDiesel, 2013 JK Sport & 2014 JK Sport
Stuff happens... the 'test' is how they respond... they didn't say "Jeep must have screwed up" and are giving you more off, so take that as a good sign. I'm still confused about how this could happen... you should be able to match your VON to the VIN (they are not the same, but some system at FCA relates VON 123 to VIN XYZ). When I ordered my Jeep, I got the VON as soon as it was created and once I had the VIN, I checked the Build Sheet online... did you do that or can you get the VON now and see if the VIN tied to that VIN is the one that "showed up?"

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Seriously. If my brand new Rubicon order got messed up while I was away at college, I would threaten to get my dad and family lawyer involved. /sarcasm/

WTF? Now I'm really Pi$$3d off first thing in the morning. I had to work and save A LONG TIME before my first new Jeep.
Lol, we arn’t rich or anything but my sister and I have been investing since we were 14 when our parents taught us and since then put money in the market and we made enough to buy us these Jeeps… parents are very blue collar

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Stuff happens... the 'test' is how they respond... they didn't say "Jeep must have screwed up" and are giving you more off, so take that as a good sign. I'm still confused about how this could happen... you should be able to match your VON to the VIN (they are not the same, but some system at FCA relates VON 123 to VIN XYZ). When I ordered my Jeep, I got the VON as soon as it was created and once I had the VIN, I checked the Build Sheet online... did you do that or can you get the VON now and see if the VIN tied to that VIN is the one that "showed up?"
Yeah the problem was the dealership never gave me a VON :/

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
AML Investigator
TLDR: Jeep dealer ordered the wrong Jeep from the factory for me and is beyond incompetent.

My sister and I ordered two brand new Jeeps last month in person at the dealership. I ordered mine first with the dealer which was a loaded 2021 Rubicon, and she ordered a loaded 2021 High Altitude. Both Jeeps were white but many unique options between the two. My jeep came in 4 weeks on the dot and hers right under 6 weeks. Went to the dealership today to pick them up and there were two exact same white High Altitude editions there….. BEYOND PISSED. Nothing they can do but to order me a brand new Jeep from the factory again. I now have to wait another god knows how many weeks for mine to be done while my sister gets to drive her beautiful new Jeep all around town… if you order a Jeep from a dealer please please please make sure they order the correct one and don’t make a huge F$”$ing mistake like they did with mine which will ruin half of my summer.

Wondering if anyone ever went through this BS before???
sounds like an opportunity to obtain a lower price...

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Lol, we arn’t rich or anything but my sister and I have been investing since we were 14 when our parents taught us and since then put money in the market and we made enough to buy us these Jeeps… parents are very blue collar
You're a good sport and can take a ribbing. Best of luck. But if you had invested in crypto and not stocks, you'd probably be rich enough to buy Stellantis outright and could fire the mofo who botched your order.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
You're a good sport and can take a ribbing. Best of luck. But if you had invested in crypto and not stocks, you'd probably be rich enough to buy Stellantis outright and could fire the mofo who botched your order.
Hahahahaha I wish I would have…. Because I would

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
Honestly I dont see anything real special about your order. Most everything you orderd are aftermarket accessories that can be added on after vehicle delivery. Maybe work with the dealer to find one in stock somewhere and have them add those on?

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Honestly I dont see anything real special about your order. Most everything you orderd are aftermarket accessories that can be added on after vehicle delivery. Maybe work with the dealer to find one in stock somewhere?
Good recommendation, but I tried and the only new Jeep anywhere even remotely close 300+ miles only has 15 out of the 22 options on it, just wasn’t going to work

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
Hmm… I see 🧐 and supposedly the dealership contacted the factory or whoever and it’s on some “executive” or “expedited” built list and should be here sooner…. But honestly I can’t trust a single thing that comes out of the dealers mouth anymore, dude couldn’t even give me a loaner car because you need to be 25 for a dealer plate and I’m only 22..
You'll know if it's truly being expedited, or if the dealership is bs'in you because you'll see your vehicle classified as "Special Scheduling Condition VII". Mine was ordered on 4/20/2021, started build 2 days later and was at the dealership on 5/17 (just under 30 days).
It will be towards the bottom of your build sheet like mine in the screenshot below. You'll need to enter your VIN, so if you don't have one yet you can't check. Use the link below to enter your VIN, if the build sheet is there scroll to the bottom:
https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

Jeep Wrangler JL The dealership ordered the wrong Jeep!!???! Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 11.37.23 AM

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
You'll know if it's truly being expedited, or if the dealership is bs'in you because you'll see your vehicle classified as "Special Scheduling Condition VII". Mine was ordered on 4/20/2021, started build 2 days later and was at the dealership on 5/17 (just under 30 days).
It will be towards the bottom of your build sheet like mine in the screenshot below. You'll need to enter your VIN, so if you don't have one yet you can't check. Use the link below to enter your VIN, if the build sheet is there scroll to the bottom:
https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

Jeep Wrangler JL The dealership ordered the wrong Jeep!!???! Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 11.37.23 AM
Thank you! As soon as I get the VIN you bet your A$$ I’m checking this… I’ll keep you updated
Sponsored