Not open for further replies.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Hmm....ok. Well, if me and my salesman signed an "agreement" for an OTD price on an order and a deposit was given, I would expect for the dealership/Chrysler/Jeep or whoever is "in charge" would honor it. If not, please return deposit and out the door I go. And I realize that they will get two more paying customers with the loss of one. I have my own grounds to stand on, but I am not naive to situations like that.

this was reported on the FB 4xe Fans page:

"ordered on 4/29 and MSRP was $55k. Today I got the VIN # (yay) but MSRP went to $57035. Per my dealer: "I don't see how that's fair since you already had confirmation at the original price. Makes no sense. And it literally means they're charging us (the dealer) $1800 more"
So....the price increase is a real thing. My dealer is contacting the area manager and trying to work this out. Bad on Jeep, imo
"
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Ocog2181

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370z
If they try to adjust the price and add the price increase there will be some wig splitting going on.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Just waiting for the 2022s to be announced so I can join in on the price increase drama!

Seals881

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan LEAF, JULR Diesel(ordered)
Mine went up by only $325. Order from March was ordered at $63,775 now it’s at $64,100

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Even though the Wrangler probably has 3 more month of production, this is probably the last price increase for 2021's models.

Last model year, 2020 new orders were closed on June 4.
2021 Orders opened the next day and 2021 production started August 10th.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Just waiting for the 2022s to be announced so I can join in on the price increase drama!
I haven't seen any solid rumors on big differences for 2022, other than the price will certainly be higher. Anybody out there know of any "gotta haves" for 2022?

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
We should all hope that the Ford Bronco is a huge success. Not because we want to purchase one. FCA needs some real competition to improve quality and reduce prices.

Competition forces companies to become more efficient instead of simply increasing prices.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I haven't seen any solid rumors on big differences for 2022, other than the price will certainly be higher. Anybody out there know of any "gotta haves" for 2022?
I don’t think there’s going be any major design changes because that would just be too soon, however, I do believe we will see uConnect 5. FCA/Stellantis made a statement a few months ago that said all 2022 vehicles will come with uConnect 5.

The reason this is important to me is I would like a 360° camera and I really like the map improvements. This might not mean anything other people but if I’m going to keep a car for seven years, it is important to me.

There are also rumors that there may be more factory options available since the bronco has quite a bit available directly from Ford but nothing is confirmed.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
FCA has been increasing prices year after year with few enhancements to the product. They do it because they can.

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
this was reported on the FB 4xe Fans page:

"ordered on 4/29 and MSRP was $55k. Today I got the VIN # (yay) but MSRP went to $57035. Per my dealer: "I don't see how that's fair since you already had confirmation at the original price. Makes no sense. And it literally means they're charging us (the dealer) $1800 more"
So....the price increase is a real thing. My dealer is contacting the area manager and trying to work this out. Bad on Jeep, imo
"
Maybe, but costs of goods are skyrocketing so Jeep can't lose money on selling vehicles. But the fact the dealer is being honest and telling you that the $2035 price increase means they will be charged $1800 more is a sign to me that the dealer is a good dealer and will be honest with you and is worth working with them.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
FCA has been increasing prices year after year with few enhancements to the product. They do it because they can.
So the FACT that the cost of parts, labor Shipping (pretty much all cost of doing business) has increased especially in the last 6 months has NOTHING to do with it. Get a grip on reality, every year it cost more to be in business regardless of industry. They do it because they have investors to answer too and they are mandated to make a profit. Look you do not have to buy their products.

As someone that purchased as 2018 JL (early adopter) the Wrangler has come a long way in 3 years in terms of upgrades and improvements.

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
I work at a intergraded steel plant that produces steel for pretty much every sector, and the prices for plate and coil are at crazy highs. Been here for 13 years and we haven’t seen prices like this in a long time
Trickle down effect, we charge more to make steel, auto companies charge more to make vehicles

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I don’t think there’s going be any major design changes because that would just be too soon, however, I do believe we will see uConnect 5. FCA/Stellantis made a statement a few months ago that said all 2022 vehicles will come with uConnect 5.

The reason this is important to me is I would like a 360° camera and I really like the map improvements. This might not mean anything other people but if I’m going to keep a car for seven years, it is important to me.

There are also rumors that there may be more factory options available since the bronco has quite a bit available directly from Ford but nothing is confirmed.
I wanted to wait for '22 because of potentially having Uconnect5 but for me I didn't think Gecko would be around that long and I would've been mad had I waited and didn't get Uconnect5 and didn't get my color.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.