Sponsored

4xe issues

Deleted member 53226

I don't understand because isn't the whole point of a hybrid that the gas engine simply takes over by default on a low or discharged battery? I suppose these are the issues with electric/hybrids until they work out the kinks.

Just make sure the jeep dealership doesn't put 6 quarts of oil in your batteries. They are notorious for overfilling.
Sponsored

rkoco321

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK
I believe it's totally impossible to operate the vehicle in hybrid mode while bypassing the batteries because there is no alternator in this truck.

Raylan Givens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
You can say the same about any vehicle. I bought my first Jeep/Chrysler product 2 years ago and now own 2. 1 minor issue in 2 years. Compare that to my Honda that has been plagued with issues and constant recalls. I also had an almost new Mazda that needed a new engine. I have been life long foreign car buyer but currently have a Chevy (Camaro SS1LE), a Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid, and a Jeep Wrangler. The Camaro has had 0 issues. I just don't buy that American cars are that much more unreliable than competitors anymore.
We bought a Honda that was the biggest POS with non stop issues that the dealer could never reproduce and wouldn't accept my video proof, because "it has to do it while plugged in to our diagnostic tool". Multiple new GM and Ford vehicles, Jeeps, even a first model year Ram with very little trouble.

Reactions: VNT

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I believe it's totally impossible to operate the vehicle in hybrid mode while bypassing the batteries because there is no alternator in this truck.
The torque converter is also replaced by a motor so doubtful it would move without battery unless there's a clutch that locks up when the battery dies.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's another 4xe issue: no Mopar lift yet! I guess concurrent engineering isn't a strong point at FCA.

Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Here's another 4xe issue: no Mopar lift yet! I guess concurrent engineering isn't a strong point at FCA.
Well reports are it was done but for whatever reason needed re-engineered, so a supposed May 1st release now.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well reports are it was done but for whatever reason needed re-engineered, so a supposed May 1st release now.
What if I just say "f-it" and put the Dynatrac diesel kit on it? Might just feel like I'm hauling around a few hundred pounds of mulch in the back. Or is there a concern about clearing for the shocks? I might have to borrow a club member's diesel and crawl under both. Planning a Moab trip and I'd like to do it on 37s.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
What if I just say "f-it" and put the Dynatrac diesel kit on it? Might just feel like I'm hauling around a few hundred pounds of mulch in the back. Or is there a concern about clearing for the shocks? I might have to borrow a club member's diesel and crawl under both. Planning a Moab trip and I'd like to do it on 37s.
do you think if you just swap tires, that 35s would work with no rub?

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
do you think if you just swap tires, that 35s would work with no rub?
Yep, but I didn't want to run 35s for a few years after pulling the 33s off. My neighbor wants the 33s for his Gladiator. My cheapness prevents me from also taking a loss selling the 35s slightly used.

Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I've been seriously looking at the dealer inventory of 4xe's as they are rolling into Canada, but these issues threads are making me reconsider holding off a bit.
If you go by forums, you'll never get a new vehicle. The majority of people don't get on the internet to proclaim there is nothing wrong with what they just bought.........

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
The dealership I have in Colorado is putting on a 2 inch mopar lift this Monday, I’ll let you know if there are issues
What dealership did you use? If you don’t mind me asking, what are they charging for the lift? My 4xe is on order with castle rock CDJR but their prices for the mopar lift seemed crazy high wanting 8k for the lift and wheels/tires. I saw the cost of wheels/tires which clocked in just over 4K so 4K for a mopar lift seemed super high

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What dealership did you use? If you don’t mind me asking, what are they charging for the lift? My 4xe is on order with castle rock CDJR but their prices for the mopar lift seemed crazy high wanting 8k for the lift and wheels/tires. I saw the cost of wheels/tires which clocked in just over 4K so 4K for a mopar lift seemed super high
On my previous one, the dealership did side steps, tail gate reinforcement, Mopar lift, wheels and 37's for 6K......
Sponsored