Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
I'm the first picture that is how I had it when I first put the compressor and mount in place but the air fitting held the front of the bracket off the floor by about 1.5". I then took the 90* off and it still teatered. The way it sits now in the last picture there is no fitting, just how it comes in the box. Still does not sit flat, can't see in the picture but it teaterd on that seam that runs across where the compressor sits.
20210319_140022.jpg
Kinda figured that's what you did... Are you referencing the ARB install instructions? The black manifold cap that those fittings get screwed into needs to be rotated. You have to take off that shield with the big ARB sticker on it, unbolt the manifold cap from the compressor, thread the fittings and braided hose on, and then bolt the cap back on in the proper (rotated) position. The fittings WILL NOT be protruding through the hole in the shield when you're done.

Please read the directions carefully, it only gets more complicated from this point on...

Here's a link: ARB JL Under Seat Mount Instructions
Sponsored

Snowboardinwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 528i
That is upside down I believe. I have the same mount. I will take pics tomorrow but the valve is on the top of mine. .
Kinda figured that's what you did... Are you referencing the ARB install instructions? The black manifold cap that those fittings get screwed into needs to be rotated. You have to take off that shield with the big ARB sticker on it, unbolt the manifold cap from the compressor, thread the fittings and braided hose on, and then bolt the cap back on in the proper (rotated) position. The fittings WILL NOT be protruding through the hole in the shield when you're done.

Please read the directions carefully, it only gets more complicated from this point on...

Here's a link: ARB JL Under Seat Mount Instructions
I see what I did wrong now. I assumed the fitting had to come thru the top hole of the compressor. I am referenceing the ARB instructions but I am guilty of not carefully reading that part and I see it now in the pictures. Thank you

I do still have the problem of the compressor not sitting flat but it is minimal. Probably going to use something in the front to shim it up a bit. Has anyone not drilled the front mounting points? I really do hate driling into things and potentially causing a spot for rust to form.

Not looking forward to the wiring process but I think I'm I can handle it!

FRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 4x4, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Installed a single ARB HO compressor in the wheel well using "Way of Life" ACB bracket of my 2021 JLUR with manual transmission. The compressor mounts right below the brake booster. No issues and no spacers required. No drilling required. Took a couple hours. Read his posted instructions and followed his YouTube video. Installed the one meter extension hose to front bumper. Slipped a 5" length of bicycle innertube over the chuck to keep any mud out of the chuck. The compressor works great on stock K02 33" tires. Takes about 1 min 20 seconds to inflated from 18 to 35 psi per tire. No noise in the jeep. No loss of interior space. Wire to Aux 4. So far, so good. I purchased all the components via the link in his YouTube video.

Snowboardinwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 528i
1. Just run one wire from the ignition switched lead to 2 (input), and then run a small jumper from 2 to 6 (switch lighting). Keep in mind the switch will be lit at full brightness whenever the ignition is on (may be distracting at night).

2. Yes, purple wire from the compressor goes to 3 (output) on the switch.

3. Not sure where you got 5 and 6 to ground. Diagram shows 7 and 8 to ground, no?

I took a different approach to switch lighting. Hooked mine up to the dome light circuit so it comes on full brightness when I open the door, and then fades to black after closing the door. Takes a little bit of digging in the harness under the seat, but I’m happy with how it turned out.
Are you able to tell me what wire you tapped into for the switch lighting? I tried to search but am totally clueless! I'm still going back and forth on the wire harness, probably going to end up chopping it up, I hate birds nests!

Sponsored

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Are you able to tell me what wire you tapped into for the switch lighting? I tried to search but am totally clueless! I'm still going back and forth on the wire harness, probably going to end up chopping it up, I hate birds nests!
I chopped a majority of my wiring harness out. If you’re not using ARB air lockers, much of the harness really isn’t necessary. It’s been awhile since I did my install, and I’m not going to undo it to check on the wiring for you. Wiring diagrams available on this forum indicate the dome circuit should be either an Orange/Grey or a Yellow/Violet wire in the large bundle near the passenger seat. Going to need to probe some wires, if that’s something you’re comfortable with...

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Are you able to tell me what wire you tapped into for the switch lighting? I tried to search but am totally clueless!
It’s been awhile since I did my install, and I’m not going to undo it to check on the wiring for you. Wiring diagrams available on this forum indicate the dome circuit should be either an Orange/Grey or a Yellow/Violet wire in the large bundle near the passenger seat. Going to need to probe some wires, if that’s something you’re comfortable with...
Well, you’re in luck. I had to open up my front passenger trim to do a little wiring project, and it opened up the spot where I tapped my dome light wiring. It’s in the wiring bundle just behind the front seat legs and it is in fact the Yellow/Violet wire. Posi-tapped and marked with some blue tape in the following picture...

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor 8C0FC866-D5AD-4B02-AED7-755FA6594701

Snowboardinwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 528i
Well, you’re in luck. I had to open up my front passenger trim to do a little wiring project, and it opened up the spot where I tapped my dome light wiring. It’s in the wiring bundle just behind the front seat legs and it is in fact the Yellow/Violet wire. Posi-tapped and marked with some blue tape in the following picture...

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor 8C0FC866-D5AD-4B02-AED7-755FA6594701
Thank you, I really appreciate the added info. I am just finishing up my install now. I decided I didn't want to mess with that bundle because we'll, I don't want to screw anything up lol. I'm going to splice into the light by the foot well instead as I'll be attaching my ignition wire at that spot anyhow.

That brings me to my last question. What wire is the ignition accessory? The picture says pink with orange stripe, but the wire labeled #5 looks to be orange with pink stripe. Regardless, is that the correct wire to connect to?

Screenshot_20210327-000921_Gallery.jpg

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Thank you, I really appreciate the added info. I am just finishing up my install now. I decided I didn't want to mess with that bundle because we'll, I don't want to screw anything up lol. I'm going to splice into the light by the foot well instead as I'll be attaching my ignition wire at that spot anyhow.

That brings me to my last question. What wire is the ignition accessory? The picture says pink with orange stripe, but the wire labeled #5 looks to be orange with pink stripe. Regardless, is that the correct wire to connect to?

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor Screenshot_20210327-000921_Gallery
This diagram is correct. I have used it for 3 years. Pic may look that way but it is pink with orange stripe. Go by the description, not the pic.

Snowboardinwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 528i
This diagram is correct. I have used it for 3 years. Pic may look that way but it is pink with orange stripe. Go by the description, not the pic.
Thank you, I actually wrapped up my install this morning at 7:30 EST. Just in time to go wheeling today, even helped another air back up! I used process of elimination after seeing that there are only four wires in the engine bay when I was browsing youtube. I will reference the description in the future for sure, thank you!

I have to figure out something with the air tank tho, I'm assuming my transfer case for the rock trac is larger than the regular transfer case. My tank doesn't fit in the designated space. I'll have to makes a couple brackets to shift the tank towards the back of the Jeep 2-3 inches. The compressor wasn't too loud either.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for all the helpful information.

Sponsored

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
Is there a consensus on where the best place to mount the ARB Twin Compressor? I have a 2 door and will run topless very often so I either want it under the hood or under the drivers side seat.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Is there a consensus on where the best place to mount the ARB Twin Compressor? I have a 2 door and will run topless very often so I either want it under the hood or under the drivers side seat.
I would say no. Pretty much the whole point of this thread is to discuss the various mounting options and their associated pros and cons so that readers of this thread can make that decision for themselves based on their particular needs.

Call911man

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have mine inside the driver fender but later learned about Ben at Varozza 4X4. He has an under hood option that is not so close to the exhaust.
The noise inside would drive me insane.On snow trips, the family sits inside with the heater on while i air up. Again, the noise.

Varozza 4X4 Outfitters in Diamond Springs Ca.

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
I have mine inside the driver fender but later learned about Ben at Varozza 4X4. He has an under hood option that is not so close to the exhaust.
The noise inside would drive me insane.On snow trips, the family sits inside with the heater on while i air up. Again, the noise.

Varozza 4X4 Outfitters in Diamond Springs Ca.
I had been looking at that one and decided to go ahead and order it, so I'll have to post an update once I get it all installed! Thanks.
Sponsored