First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
So I installed rock slide engineering step slides using the direct to battery line inside the cab from the aux package. The slide wiring has a 20amp fuse in line and a switch so figured direct was the way to go (supppsed to be directly attached to the battery anyway).

it worked for a day but then that wire went dead. Not sure why. The step slide fuse is fine. I connected to the 40amp line and all is working again but when I hooked my bolt meter to the direct to battery line itā€™s dead.

does it have a fuse I donā€™t know about that might have tripped?
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
All four aux circuits are individually fused. Sounds like you popped one the 15 amp lines.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
@DocTwinkie

This happened to me.

I fixed it.

There is a TSB on the AUX switches that you can do yourself, takes two seconds.

As you can see the back cover becomes slightly dislodged.

This is what made my AUX #2 stop getting power.

ADA5403C-85DC-4B95-91DB-86ADBB141D9E.jpeg
3DB9FCC2-02B1-4E89-A87F-3A8265FA59E8.jpeg
C3FEFCED-1CA3-4D2B-AA2F-C3E130F3BB02.jpeg

Hope this helps!!

OP
OP
DocTwinkie

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
@DocTwinkie

This happened to me.

I fixed it.

There is a TSB on the AUX switches that you can do yourself, takes two seconds.

As you can see the back cover becomes slightly dislodged.

This is what made my AUX #2 stop getting power.

ADA5403C-85DC-4B95-91DB-86ADBB141D9E.jpeg
3DB9FCC2-02B1-4E89-A87F-3A8265FA59E8.jpeg
C3FEFCED-1CA3-4D2B-AA2F-C3E130F3BB02.jpeg

Hope this helps!!

Thanks.

I think my problem was the fuse. They donā€™t tell you in the pic above but wires 5/6 are 10amps and I connected a 20amp set of steps to it and blew it.

All working perfect on the 40amp switch 1.

Iā€™ll replace the 10amp fuse later.

Also the 1-4 are actually labeled on the fuse diagram but the 5/6 are just labeled as HD accessory. F72 is the direct to engine.

thanks all.

CEA74FE6-6A42-464D-AEDF-791798E3A740.jpeg

OP
OP
DocTwinkie

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
All four aux circuits are individually fused. Sounds like you popped one the 15 amp lines.
I was using line 6 below. There are 6 lines that come with the accessory package. 4 are on the aux switches. 2x40amp and 2x15. The other two are not attached to the accessory buttons. One is always hot and one with ignition. Those are 2x10 but not labeled anywhere.

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks.

I think my problem was the fuse. They donā€™t tell you in the pic above but wires 5/6 are 10amps and I connected a 20amp set of steps to it and blew it.

All working perfect on the 40amp switch 1.

Iā€™ll replace the 10amp fuse later.

Also the 1-4 are actually labeled on the fuse diagram but the 5/6 are just labeled as HD accessory. F72 is the direct to engine.

thanks all.

CEA74FE6-6A42-464D-AEDF-791798E3A740.jpeg
Yeah I couldnā€™t figure my issue out and then noticed that TSB and was like what the heck it worked! Never would have guessed to check there in my situation.

Iā€™m glad you figured it out!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I was using line 6 below. There are 6 lines that come with the accessory package. 4 are on the aux switches. 2x40amp and 2x15. The other two are not attached to the accessory buttons. One is always hot and one with ignition. Those are 2x10 but not labeled anywhere.
Oh wow, I was unaware of the acc and batt hookups being part of the interior bundle. I've only fiddled with the bundle under the hood and thought the other would be the same. Thanks for pointing that out and glad to hear you're all good now!

jeff_tahoe

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
I'm having a similar issue as the original poster. I know they worked because I wired in some lights about 2 months ago and the switches were working fine. I was wiring in a compressor and when I went to test it, none of the lights came on.

So far:
- I followed the TSB and checked the Switch bank - the back was properly seated
- I checked all the fuses. None blown (I actually checked every 5-15 amp circuit in the Jeep as well as the two 40 amp circuits for AUX 1-2.)
- I verified that all 4 relays exist and were properly seated

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Anyone else with a similar problem have another solution?

jeff_tahoe

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
I'm having a similar issue as the original poster. I know they worked because I wired in some lights about 2 months ago and the switches were working fine. I was wiring in a compressor and when I went to test it, none of the lights came on.

So far:
- I followed the TSB and checked the Switch bank - the back was properly seated
- I checked all the fuses. None blown (I actually checked every 5-15 amp circuit in the Jeep as well as the two 40 amp circuits for AUX 1-2.)
- I verified that all 4 relays exist and were properly seated

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Anyone else with a similar problem have another solution?
All,
Just an update. I solved my problem, so hopefully this will help someone in the future.

Solution: charge your battery and then drive around a little.

I had been working on my Jeep for about 2 weeks with fenders off and in various states of repair. I hadn't driven my Jeep around in a while. I put a trickle charger on the battery, which took a while, so clearly it needed a charge. When I finally drove it, I noticed a message display that said approximately 'AUX switches disabled until battery charged'. Hmmm. I drove it about 10 minutes and then tried the AUX switches... worked!

So it appears that there is some internal program that prevents the AUX switches from working if the battery is too low. Charge your battery and drive around a little. It resolved my issue!

jungloewe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
All,
Just an update. I solved my problem, so hopefully this will help someone in the future.

I had been working on my Jeep for about 2 weeks with fenders off and in various states of repair. I hadn't driven my Jeep around in a while. I put a trickle charger on the battery, which took a while, so clearly it needed a charge. When I finally drove it, I noticed a message display that said approximately 'AUX switches disabled until battery charged'. Hmmm. I drove it about 10 minutes and then tried the AUX switches... worked!

So it appears that there is some internal program that prevents the AUX switches from working if the battery is too low. Charge your battery and drive around a little. It resolved my issue!
Hey,
Matt here from Germany.
Actually I'm very active in the German Jeep Forum (Maybe you can see my posts, or at least my pictures :)
-> https://www.jeep-forum.de/threads/r...zum-polarkreis-im-winter.126795/#post-1398791 )
but THAT issue I have is really freaking me out since 4 Days 6h/day.
I read every thread here and in all German forums.
But we do not have that knowledge about the jeep as you guys have...

so, I have loss of power of ALL 4 Aux Switches, from one day to the next.
Still the ambient light (white) is not working.
I guess it is broken after a heavy pull with my X2O 12k. But that is just a guess.
I also tried to do a reboot with my Tazer JL mini, Checkt every fuse at least twice, and the Plug behind the switches.
Everything seems like it is fine.
Today I got the same massage like yours "Aux Switches disabled until battery charged" (just in German :D)
I tried to drive 1h around, start stop is running again, but still there is no power on the buttons.

I have litterly no idea....

Sponsored

jungloewe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
update:

its the plug to the switches itself.
nearly like post #3 but my back cover was fine.
Its just a sh*tty connection.

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
update:

its the plug to the switches itself.
nearly like post #3 but my back cover was fine.
Its just a sh*tty connection.
Did you ever find a fix for the shitty plug?
I'm having Issues.

Thanks for any help you can offer

jungloewe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Yes. Replace it šŸ˜’

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
All,

When you had your initial issue did the aux switches light up when pressed or nothing? Any input is appreciated:)
Sponsored