First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
I am curious....is the 392 engine made in the states or mexico?

I know assembly is in ohio, but will this engine increase US parts content for this vehicle in a significant manner?

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
If there’s a dealer on this thread near South Florida and accepting an order for a 392 @ MSRP, please message me.
FWIW, I'm in NE FL and called 18 dealerships before finding one in Orlando that had both allocations AND was settling at MSRP - thankfully.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
So, are we now able to order factory half doors on any model or only the 392? Regardless of which model is there any price set yet on how much it is to order the half doors?

Sponsored

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
So, are we now able to order factory half doors on any model or only the 392? Regardless of which model is there any price set yet on how much it is to order the half doors?
I believe half doors are now available as a premium option on other models with a $4000+ msrp price tag.

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Ordered, GMC Denal Diesel, Triumph Bonnie
I'm going to keep it real with you. I would be terrified to drive a 470hp Wrangler with a shorter, two door wheel base. I think we need the longer wheel base for stability. I'm not an engineer but...
True, I remember when the CJ5 renegade came out with the 304 V8. Not a performance engine but lots of low end torque and it was a bear to keep it on the road.

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dual door option is available now for all models on the B and P. And correct $3995 😕

Sponsored

JustinB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Ninja 650R, Jeep 392, Yamaha TTR230
Hello All, please excuse my ignorance as I'm attempting to learn all I can regarding a Wrangler in general, but more specifically the 392. Never owned a Wrangler, always wanted one, now getting one. Thank You for any assistance...

My question:
Does anyone know the the available Top configurations relative to the available door options? Or vice versa?

I went into the dealership attempting to get the dual door option. The order form's check box was grayed out/not selectable unless the One Touch was included as an option, which can't happen till Thursday now per their computer system. This is good so I have a little more time to think this all thru, anyways.

The One Touch is nice but I'd prefer to go completely top free when I get 'in the mood'. However, I'd like to be completely top free with half doors, as we've seen in some pictures.
If half doors are only available with the One Touch option included, how hard is the One Touch top to remove completely. Is there a better (less expensive) top option that still allows for half doors?

Like in the picture shown, my preference would be a canvas top that folds back halfway or all the way and is not actually removed from the Jeep. With bars and linkage it is simply folded up and stowed right in front of the spare tire. This my preference of course with half doors. Or, a 3 piece hard top while leaving the canvas top in a stowed off/down position while the hard top is on. (In the event my hard top is off and I encounter rain while driving.) More specifically, I'd prefer to remove the canvas; however, I don't want to mess with uninstalling & reinstalling all the canvas' linkage, bolts, etc. every time I remove the hardtop to put on the canvas top.

Also, just to confirm. The half doors do not have glass/power windows, on the 392, correct?

Is it a better option to get a folding canvas top, possibly aftermarket, and wait till the half doors can be order separately, that too possibly after market???

Thank you for any knowledge & wisdom.

~justin

Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler Rubicon 392 Ordering is Open 1606869120826

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
Hello All, please excuse my ignorance as I'm attempting to learn all I can regarding a Wrangler in general, but more specifically the 392. Never owned a Wrangler, always wanted one, now getting one. Thank You for any assistance...

My question:
Does anyone know the the available Top configurations relative to the available door options? Or vice versa?

I went into the dealership attempting to get the dual door option. The order form's check box was grayed out/not selectable unless the One Touch was included as an option, which can't happen till Thursday now per their computer system. This is good so I have a little more time to think this all thru, anyways.

The One Touch is nice but I'd prefer to go completely top free when I get 'in the mood'. However, I'd like to be completely top free with half doors, as we've seen in some pictures.
If half doors are only available with the One Touch option included, how hard is the One Touch top to remove completely. Is there a better (less expensive) top option that still allows for half doors?

Like in the picture shown, my preference would be a canvas top that folds back halfway or all the way and is not actually removed from the Jeep. With bars and linkage it is simply folded up and stowed right in front of the spare tire. This my preference of course with half doors. Or, a 3 piece hard top while leaving the canvas top in a stowed off/down position while the hard top is on. (In the event my hard top is off and I encounter rain while driving.) More specifically, I'd prefer to remove the canvas; however, I don't want to mess with uninstalling & reinstalling all the canvas' linkage, bolts, etc. every time I remove the hardtop to put on the canvas top.

Also, just to confirm. The half doors do not have glass/power windows, on the 392, correct?

Is it a better option to get a folding canvas top, possibly aftermarket, and wait till the half doors can be order separately, that too possibly after market???

~justin

Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler Rubicon 392 Ordering is Open 1606869120826
:surprised:

Willy's Commando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Sport, 2009 Challenger R/T, 2019 Dodge Hellcat, 2019 JLU Rubicon

My question:

~justin

The Sky one touch roof cannot be removed, beloe is completely necked as it gets except for the mopar tube doors. The new half doors do not have roll up windows they will have a upper clear insert.
Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler Rubicon 392 Ordering is Open EA637E30-D4FA-460D-B154-EF6AF1C4A1C2

Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler Rubicon 392 Ordering is Open EA637E30-D4FA-460D-B154-EF6AF1C4A1C2

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
True, I remember when the CJ5 renegade came out with the 304 V8. Not a performance engine but lots of low end torque and it was a bear to keep it on the road.
I owned a CJ5 with 304... it was only a bear to keep on the road when the light turned green because that meant another wheelie off the line! So fun! 😃

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I owned a CJ5 with 304... it was only a bear to keep on the road when the light turned green because that meant another wheelie off the line! So fun! 😃
Haha! What memories. 😂
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.