Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Had some time to clean the engine bay of my JL today and also was alittle behind on changing the air box filter, I am at 38k miles and manual said it should have been changed at 30k ...

I also changed the cabin air filter, OMG .........this thing as terrible, I will surly will need to change this one sooner but the air box filter did not look as bad as I thought it was going to look but maybe it to needs to be changed more often.

Jeep Wrangler JL Air Filter OMG.... C6D34345-D8B7-4D87-96A4-B0A5B932A466
Jeep Wrangler JL Air Filter OMG.... 480AA60D-5F21-49A8-A745-F6312233F3F2
Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Cabin air filters get nasty and I changed mine at 11k miles though it didn't look as bad.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Cabin air filters get nasty and I changed mine at 11k miles though it didn't look as bad.
I know the manual advises on when to replace but Iā€™m thinking I may do engine and cabin air on every oil change so that may be twice a year

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
Had some time to clean the engine bay of my JL today and also was alittle behind on changing the air box filter, I am at 38k miles and manual said it should have been changed at 30k ...

I also changed the cabin air filter, OMG .........this thing as terrible, I will surly will need to change this one sooner but the air box filter did not look as bad as I thought it was going to look but maybe it to needs to be changed more often.

Frequency really all depends on how much you drive in dirty/dusty conditions.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Frequency really all depends on how much you drive in dirty/dusty conditions.
Here in Houston with all the traffic and construction itā€™s pretty dusty and dirty just driving back and fourth to work, when I put new in I went with Mopar branded parts but may look at other suppliers, I donā€™t want to run a oiled air box filter ( itā€™s not a lawnmower ) but there may be better options like a dry AFE washable one

Sponsored

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 YJ, ā€˜21 JLR, ā€˜22 JLUR XR, ā€˜23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Both of mine looked similar at 17K miles from riding caboose on a lot of dusty trails. I donā€™t run my AC much so the cabin filter really grossed me out.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Here in Houston with all the traffic and construction itā€™s pretty dusty and dirty just driving back and fourth to work, when I put new in I went with Mopar branded parts but may look at other suppliers, I donā€™t want to run a oiled air box filter ( itā€™s not a lawnmower ) but there may be better options like a dry AFE washable one
Napa Gold, Wix or the one product I'll use from them Fram are quality air filters and available everywhere. Baldwin if you can find a retailer are pretty choice also.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Where do you drive? Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought the Engine Air Filter was 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever came first.

Edit: Doublechecked and I am wrong.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I think I will check them both again after 20k but as dirty as the cabin air was I may check that one at 10k

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Where do you drive? Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought the Engine Air Filter was 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever came first.

Edit: Doublechecked and I am wrong.
Normal interval in 30,000 miles/3 years according to my 2020 manual. Severe duty appears to be (verbiage is confusing) 4000 miles which seems excessive:

Jeep Wrangler JL Air Filter OMG.... dHyUavw

Jeep Wrangler JL Air Filter OMG.... kFv25gT

Sponsored

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Normal interval in 30,000 miles/3 years according to my 2020 manual. Severe duty appears to be (verbiage is confusing) 4000 miles which seems excessive:

I remember the days of doing filter changes every 3500 miles but back then there were no cabin air filters.

To me doing say a filter change every time I do an oil change may be obsessive but may not hurt keeping thing breathing easier on the engine and me.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
the engine filter does not look bad, there are some reports of tests done on the different brands of filters somewhere.

Maybe every 15K or so on the in cabin. Must be Pasadena air.

The in cabin was a pretty expensive for what it is....

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual

the engine filter does not look bad, there are some reports of tests done on the different brands of filters somewhere.

Maybe every 15K or so on the in cabin. Must be Pasadena air.

The in cabin was a pretty expensive for what it is....
Mine looks whhhhay better then the one pictured and it was causing me drivability problems @ 5k miles
Sponsored