Engine Air Filter?

Joiky

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I've been looking for a replacement air filter for my 3.6L, and several autoparts stores around me are trying to sell me a filter that looks like its for the JK. Even with a VIN look up they say it's the right filter. I find this hard to believe, but before I go pay the $$$ at the dealer for one, I thought I'd check with you guys to see if I can use the JK filter or not.

Thanks
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
What I'd do is pull the air filter out, get the part # off of it, then plug that number into the search bar at rockauto.com and have it delivered to your house. Don't even need to leave the driveway.

AZ2017JKU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU - 97 XJ
I've been looking for a replacement air filter for my 3.6L, and several autoparts stores around me are trying to sell me a filter that looks like its for the JK. Even with a VIN look up they say it's the right filter. I find this hard to believe, but before I go pay the $$$ at the dealer for one, I thought I'd check with you guys to see if I can use the JK filter or not.

Thanks
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE FACTORY FILTER, IT DOES THE JOB JUST FINE.. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND JUST RUN A STOCK FILTER.

OP
OP
Joiky

Joiky

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE FACTORY FILTER, IT DOES THE JOB JUST FINE.. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND JUST RUN A STOCK FILTER.
100% agree, I'm locking to run a stock filter. What I'm being told is that the filter that looks like is a JK filter is the JL filter, which I believe is wrong. Just want to confirm.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Joiky

Mopar Air Filter - Part# 68257030AA is the air filter for a 3.6L 2018/2019 JL.
Sponsored