Sponsored

Devices to bypass auto stop/ start

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
I got a four-pin adaptor and put it in the 7-pin round plug tester when I needed it. I wanted to get the four-pin out further anyway, so it worked out fine.

Hope it works out for you.
Thanks, I'll try that when I get my new Jeep.
Sponsored

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
So I’ve seen two different devices that you can wire into your underdash harness that (basically) save the setting that you last input on the auto start/stop button in the dash. Basically if you turn it (auto stop/start) off, and then turn your Jeep off, the next time you start it it “remembers“ your previous setting and keeps it the same.
i haven’t heard a whole of of good about the auto stop/start feature, and have heard a lot of bad, and my mechanic recommends that I disable it by pushing the button each time I start the Jeep...just wondering if installing any of these devices affects the warranty on the Jeep?
and if I choose to do it, I’ve got 2 options, one that just stores the chosen setting for around $120 or a “tazer” (I think) which does a bunch of other stuff I probably don’t need (although it did have the ability to program the backup camera to come on when you use the turn signal which was kind I’d cool) for about $350 to $400. Recommendations?
just get a Tazer. Its great.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Could someone please tell me again by ESS is so bad? Especially if your engine is equipped with eTorque (like my 2021 Wrangler 3.6L eTorque) and so a different, 48V electric motor is used to start and stop the engine. And also the fact that the engine doesn’t fully stop, meaning the pistons are stopped in optimal locations that makes it much easier for the engine to start spinning again.

With all these features, and the fact the engine is designed for it, and also the fact that the engine immediately starts before even the break pedal is fully depresssed, so there is no lag to speak of, whats so extremely terrible about it? I don’t mean to sound condescending or anything, I am just genuinely curious to learn about something I don’t yet know.

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I bought one for my Wrangler. I LOVE it. I just bought one for wifey's Grand Cherokee.
It is just such an irritating "feature" I can't believe the the OEM software doesn't "remember" your last setting? It's a trivial software enhancement (I write software for a living, embedded and whatever). WTF! (it's worth it to me to add SSS).
Why don’t you write a software program if it’s simple for the guys that know this crap and sell it to us you could be a millionaire in no time.

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Why don’t you write a software program if it’s simple for the guys that know this crap and sell it to us you could be a millionaire in no time.
I get compensated pretty well for my day job, and to be honest, I'm not your typical geek. When works over and I've written a bunch of code, I'd rather ride my bicycle, play my drums, ride my motorcycle, drive my Jeep, play with my grand kids and/or dog, go for a hike... there aren't enough hours in the day, and I write code for a living. It takes up 8 hours of my day (which is getting to be too much) ;) . Now, once I retire (not too far off), I just might try that. It would be pretty cool and fun, but I doubt the AutoStopStart disable guys are making millions... maybe thousands

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I get compensated pretty well for my day job, and to be honest, I'm not your typical geek. When works over and I've written a bunch of code, I'd rather ride my bicycle, play my drums, ride my motorcycle, drive my Jeep, play with my grand kids and/or dog, go for a hike... there aren't enough hours in the day, and I write code for a living. It takes up 8 hours of my day (which is getting to be too much) ;) . Now, once I retire (not too far off), I just might try that. It would be pretty cool and fun, but I doubt the AutoStopStart disable guys are making millions... maybe thousands
Thanks for the reply and I am already retired so I hope your upcoming retirement will be enjoyable. However as a gift to your fellow four wheelers a program that could get rid of the tire pressure parameters and start stop would be nice gift and your name forever engraved in the four wheel hall of fame. I digress.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Could someone please tell me again by ESS is so bad? Especially if your engine is equipped with eTorque (like my 2021 Wrangler 3.6L eTorque) and so a different, 48V electric motor is used to start and stop the engine. And also the fact that the engine doesn’t fully stop, meaning the pistons are stopped in optimal locations that makes it much easier for the engine to start spinning again.

With all these features, and the fact the engine is designed for it, and also the fact that the engine immediately starts before even the break pedal is fully depresssed, so there is no lag to speak of, whats so extremely terrible about it? I don’t mean to sound condescending or anything, I am just genuinely curious to learn about something I don’t yet know.
Bad, good, is its annoying as anything to save one penny, is pointless on a jeep, and just like a man doesnt want to start and start during intimate times, neither does my jeep. The 5 seconds it took to pull my hood sensor and disable that blue ball feature was intensely satisfying.

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I bought one for my Wrangler. I LOVE it. I just bought one for wifey's Grand Cherokee.
It is just such an irritating "feature" I can't believe the the OEM software doesn't "remember" your last setting? It's a trivial software enhancement (I write software for a living, embedded and whatever). WTF! (it's worth it to me to add SSS).
The OEM software could have easily been devised to remember the last setting of your ESS switch between cold cranks of the engine...known as a latching configuration (one which doesn't reset, rather keeps state between cranks.)

The CAFE standard rules of the EPA are such though that latching systems only get to report the average of a vehicle's MPG with and without the ESS engaged. Non latching designs get to report the better MPG with ESS engaged.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Bad, good, is its annoying as anything to save one penny, is pointless on a jeep, and just like a man doesnt want to start and start during intimate times, neither does my jeep. The 5 seconds it took to pull my hood sensor and disable that blue ball feature was intensely satisfying.
starting and stopping related to intimacy...blue balls....

significant Lounge Lizard double entendre exists in this post, I presume not intentionally..... :blush:

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
starting and stopping related to intimacy...blue balls....

significant Lounge Lizard double entendre exists in this post, I presume not intentionally..... :blush:
Careful there lil buddy.
Sponsored