3.0 MODS - Show em off

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '76 FJ40, '17 BMW 650i Gran coupe
I finally got around to installing my metalcloak lift last weekend. Couple issues and potential area of concern but we sill see

Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0 MODS - Show em off E2FB4B15-DAD4-431C-8F6E-7D1F4A7D6D72

Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0 MODS - Show em off E2FB4B15-DAD4-431C-8F6E-7D1F4A7D6D72
Are you on 35s or 37s?

Sponsored

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 White JKU, 2012 Black JK 2018 White Grand Cherokee, 2001 TJ, 2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got around to installing my metalcloak lift last weekend. Couple issues and potential area of concern but we sill see

4FDE7B1F-7C51-4D1A-B78F-EECDD0CF7CF0.jpeg

E2FB4B15-DAD4-431C-8F6E-7D1F4A7D6D72.jpeg
I'm doing the Metalcloak 3.5 Gamechanger, what issues did you run into? What are you areas of concern? Just try yo figure out what to look for when I get to install.

Jeep looks good.

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm doing the Metalcloak 3.5 Gamechanger, what issues did you run into? What are you areas of concern? Just try yo figure out what to look for when I get to install.

Jeep looks good.
I listed them in my build page, but to keep things short the front passenger upper control arm the bolt holding it it was on the inside going out so when removing the bolt was too long getout because of the location of the exhaust. Not sure if having a lift would have made that easier, but it took me quite awhile to bend and clamp down the heat shield to fit it out. When I reinstalled I flipped it to avoid that issue again. The area of concern is not knowing the true flex of some of these components. On the 2.5” rear track bar metal cloakcalls to add a spacer to the bracket. I believe it to be about an inch. When you install there is lless than 1/8” of clearance from the def tank. If that flexes at all there could be damage if not then should be fine I just don’t know yet.

The pic is showing the bolt flipped now but it was facing the other way from factory. Again maybe if I had lift and full set of real tools that might not have been an issue but for me it slowed me down quite a bit

I thought I took a pic of the clearanceof the track bar I guess I didn’t. I will try to get one tonight

Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0 MODS - Show em off 95A09630-7FD7-4E56-B13F-180BE9217B9B

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 White JKU, 2012 Black JK 2018 White Grand Cherokee, 2001 TJ, 2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
I listed them in my build page, but to keep things short the front passenger upper control arm the bolt holding it it was on the inside going out so when removing the bolt was too long getout because of the location of the exhaust. Not sure if having a lift would have made that easier, but it took me quite awhile to bend and clamp down the heat shield to fit it out. When I reinstalled I flipped it to avoid that issue again. The area of concern is not knowing the true flex of some of these components. On the 2.5” rear track bar metal cloakcalls to add a spacer to the bracket. I believe it to be about an inch. When you install there is lless than 1/8” of clearance from the def tank. If that flexes at all there could be damage if not then should be fine I just don’t know yet.

The pic is showing the bolt flipped now but it was facing the other way from factory. Again maybe if I had lift and full set of real tools that might not have been an issue but for me it slowed me down quite a bit

I thought I took a pic of the clearanceof the track bar I guess I didn’t. I will try to get one tonight

Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0 MODS - Show em off 95A09630-7FD7-4E56-B13F-180BE9217B9B
Thanks for the heads up on those issues. I was wondering about the upper bolts because I had seen some people have issues getting them out. I was at my local shop last week where they were doing a 3.5 game changer on a JL and had no issues with the bolts. I specifically asked that question while I watched them do half the lift while I was there, it was on a lift.

Definitely interested in the track bar and the DEF tank, if you find that picture can you please post it. I would be curious to see if there was any rubbing marks on either just from daily driving.

Sponsored

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the heads up on those issues. I was wondering about the upper bolts because I had seen some people have issues getting them out. I was at my local shop last week where they were doing a 3.5 game changer on a JL and had no issues with the bolts. I specifically asked that question while I watched them do half the lift while I was there, it was on a lift.

Definitely interested in the track bar and the DEF tank, if you find that picture can you please post it. I would be curious to see if there was any rubbing marks on either just from daily driving.

I did mis speak, it was the rear sway bar not the track bar, and it was the rear swar bar drop spacer kit. it drops the sway bar link and rear sway bar... I took some pics this morning but since everything is put back together its hard to view. I will take some more this evening when I have a little more time.

rcliff1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 tj, 2014 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F350 Dually, 2020 Diesel Rubicon on order
I was texting with ZAutomotive last night. Sounds like we'll be checking out winch mode on the diesels sometime next week.
That's great to hear, I've been waiting on them to get the winch mode working for the diesel. It would also be nice to have just an hi idle option (around 1250 rpm) just for when you need extended idle times. I used my hi idle in my F350 powerstroke all the time.

LotaBoot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JLU EcoDiesel (built : waiting on delivery)
Occupation
Digital Product Experience Designer
Posted this in @gnome ’s Yellow Can Club, too:
Hey y’all! Is anyone else on Revkit? If you’re not familiar, it’s basically a place for you to post your mods and pics of your rig. I reached out to them about creating a group for us diesel owners and they’re asking if I know any user names.

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Posted this in @gnome ’s Yellow Can Club, too:
Hey y’all! Is anyone else on Revkit? If you’re not familiar, it’s basically a place for you to post your mods and pics of your rig. I reached out to them about creating a group for us diesel owners and they’re asking if I know any user names.
Firecracker Ecodiesel on Revkit for me.
Sponsored