Sponsored

Turn on floor lights

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Is there anyway to turn on the floor lights without the dome lights turning on? It'd be nice to have those running at night without the dome lights on.
Sponsored

Gangreen

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 ZJ 5.9 & 18 JLUR
There's 2 dials next to the headlight switch. IIRC, left one will adjust the foot-well lights (and gear select light) and the other the domes (as well as dash, unconnect).

OP
OP
wranglerguyman

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
There's 2 dials next to the headlight switch. IIRC, left one will adjust the foot-well lights (and gear select light) and the other the domes (as well as dash, unconnect).
Well I know that the right dial adjusts the dash. And if you dial it to the top, it turns on the foot well lights and dome lights. Is there anyway to turn off the dome lights while keeping the foot well lights on?

Gangreen

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 ZJ 5.9 & 18 JLUR
Try the left dial? They are not all that bright at the highest setting, definitely can't see them during the day. It is in the user guide on the uconnect - only place i found it.

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
The left dial doesn't do anything for me at all. The floor light ONLY turns on when I turn the right dial all the way up which dome light is on as well. I couldn't figure out if something is malfunctioning or what. I have a Sports with 7in screen and a 6 speed. You've mentioned the gear select light which make me thinking I lose the functionality of the left dial.

Last edited:

Sponsored

bam1111

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The left dial doesn't do anything for me at all. I the floor light ONLY turns on when I turn the right dial all the way up which dome light is on as well. I couldn't figure out if something is malfunctioning or what. I have a Sports with 7in screen and a 6 speed. You've mentioned the gear select light which make me thinking I lose the functionality of the left dial.
The left dial should control the floor lights. Turning that left dial all the way down, cuts off all floor lighting. Make sure you the left dial isn't turned down all the way. If it still isn't working, you might have an issue with your switch.

Gangreen

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 ZJ 5.9 & 18 JLUR
Just checked it...
Headlights must be in an on position.
Right dial all these way up = everything on. One click down = off.
They left dial controls floor lights only. Right switch must not be all way up or 2nd stop or all way down.

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
The left dial should control the floor lights. Turning that left dial all the way down, cuts off all floor lighting. Make sure you the left dial isn't turned down all the way. If it still isn't working, you might have an issue with your switch.
Thank you. I keep my right dial 1 click away from always on, and left dial all the way up which still no floor light. I play around with the settings and pretty sure the left one doesn't do anything at all. I will bring this up with the dealer at my first oil change. it seems the original poster @wranglerguyman probably has similar issue.

bam1111

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thank you. I keep my right dial 1 click away from always on, and left dial all the way up which still no floor light. I play around with the settings and pretty sure the left one doesn't do anything at all. I will bring this up with the dealer at my first oil change. it seems the original poster @wranglerguyman probably has similar issue.
Where are you in Maryland? Where did you buy your jeep. If you are anywhere between Howard County and Harford County, I could meet you somewhere and you can check out how mine works. Like many things on this JEEP, much of it doesn't seem to make much sense to me, but I love it anyway. LOL

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
Where are you in Maryland? Where did you buy your jeep. If you are anywhere between Howard County and Harford County, I could meet you somewhere and you can check out how mine works. Like many things on this JEEP, much of it doesn't seem to make much sense to me, but I love it anyway. LOL
wow, I didn't even notice you are in MD as well! I live in Baltimore County every close to White Marsh Mall, and work in downtown. I got the jeep from Koons in VA. Definitely want to meet other jeep owners around here and make some new friends!
Very nice of you to help out.

Sponsored

bam1111

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
wow, I didn't even notice you are in MD as well! I live in Baltimore County every close to White Marsh Mall, and work in downtown. I got the jeep from Koons in VA. Definitely want to meet other jeep owners around here and make some new friends!
Very nice of you to help out.
No problem. My daily commute takes me by White Marsh.

Bluegoose972

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Firecracker Red, 1966 Mustang Convertible (rebuilding)
Good information...Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
wranglerguyman

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Just checked it...
Headlights must be in an on position.
Right dial all these way up = everything on. One click down = off.
They left dial controls floor lights only. Right switch must not be all way up or 2nd stop or all way down.
Yup just tested it. It’s very faint, not as bright as it would be when the right dial is all the way up, but it’s still on nonetheless. Thanks for the tip.

LailaiJl

First Name
Laina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Jl Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Yup just tested it. It’s very faint, not as bright as it would be when the right dial is all the way up, but it’s still on nonetheless. Thanks for the tip.
Also controls the accent light in the door handle... just figured this out...I swear the lights at the feet do not change for me though.

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
Confirmed that the left control doesn't work. Big thanks to @bam1111, we meet up yesterday and he showed me how the accent light works on his Rubi (6SP MT & 8.4''). Apparently, it only works when it gets dark outside/or maybe when the auto headlight is on.

BUT we were able to confirm that my left control doesn't turn on nor control the foot/accent light in any conditions. I have a sports with the 7'' screen & 6sp MT, not sure if it has anything to do with my options, or just some defective parts from supplier. @wranglerguyman so far we have the same issue, interesting to see if others experience the same which we might find a trend.
Sponsored