First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
I have a new set of quake thin DRL/turn signal leds installed. During the day things operate as they should, however when the headlights turn on the right turn signal only on the quake stays on. If I turn on the left turn signal the right stays on. If I turn on the right and off, it stays on. The rear lights only turn on when turned on manually. Turning the headlights off but leaving any of the lights on (marker/fogs) and the issue persists. Only by having no other lights on do the quake lights operate as normal. I just noticed it last night but didnt connect the dots to the lights being the trigger until surprise it started doing the same nonsense tonight after working perfectly all day.

Any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated. I do plan to reach out to the shop that installed them but they are closed until monday :(
Sponsored

Mjay856

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator
Hello I was wondering if you solved this issue? Just installed mine and it’s doing the exact same thing as yours.

OP
OP
JocoRubicon

JocoRubicon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Nope. Actually after months of back and forth between the shop and quake, quake still required pictures of the failed light and wanted to troubleshoot. the shop is still working the issue through with them but replaced the quakes with AAL ones. So I have working AAL lights and 7 months of pain from Quake. Best of luck to you, heck I think they are still trying to warranty mine back.

Taber18jlu

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 4dr
Just an fyi for others. I have a 2018 JLU Sahara and had an odd passenger side light acting up kinda like what was described above. I bought my lights in March 2022 through Extreme Terrain and I notified them and the swapped my bad set out with a new set. Perfect, no complaints. 2 months later and this new set is acting up. Turn signals only work properly when headlights are on. Called Extreme Terrain and they notified me those lights aren't available anymore, so now I'm screwed. I chopped my fenders to make these work and now don't know what I'm going to replace them with.

OP
OP
JocoRubicon

JocoRubicon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Just an fyi for others. I have a 2018 JLU Sahara and had an odd passenger side light acting up kinda like what was described above. I bought my lights in March 2022 through Extreme Terrain and I notified them and the swapped my bad set out with a new set. Perfect, no complaints. 2 months later and this new set is acting up. Turn signals only work properly when headlights are on. Called Extreme Terrain and they notified me those lights aren't available anymore, so now I'm screwed. I chopped my fenders to make these work and now don't know what I'm going to replace them with.
The American Adventure Lab ones are great, they are just expensive and you'd think they were shipping them via gold laced personal dispatch services but basically the same setup as Quake. Some might argue Quake stole their idea as they sorta came out after AAL had theirs on the market

Sponsored

Taber18jlu

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 4dr
The American Adventure Lab ones are great, they are just expensive and you'd think they were shipping them via gold laced personal dispatch services but basically the same setup as Quake. Some might argue Quake stole their idea as they sorta came out after AAL had theirs on the market
Do they mount the same? I chopped my black fender trim and kept my factory liners.

OP
OP
JocoRubicon

JocoRubicon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Do they mount the same? I chopped my black fender trim and kept my factory liners.
They are very similar in the mounts. Metal bracket up against the fender and then a screw at the far end. I've take all of the liners out of my fenders but here's a frontal view of them.

IMG_0214.jpeg

Taber18jlu

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 4dr
Thanks, looks the same. I will have to give them a look.
Sponsored