Sponsored

Yet more 48v questions

AnthemAVM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Screenshot_20190128-092029.png

This is a screenshot of the details for the 2.0L for 2018 model year. Shows alternator delete and 700 amp battery. For 2019 there is no "Includes" list shown.
What is the supplemental heater in the tow group
Sponsored

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
What is the supplemental heater in the tow group
That is not the list for tow, that is what is included with the 2.0L option.

CharlieS3

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
No, it doesn't. My 12V battery died, bad cell, almost immediately after purchase of my 2019 JLRU. Not only would the engine not start, even with a jump box, but I couldn't get the auto transmission into neutral, even using the override cable (hidden in front of the shift lever). We ended up having to drag it onto a flat bed.

Charlie

Sponsored

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
No, it doesn't. My 12V battery died, bad cell, almost immediately after purchase of my 2019 JLRU. Not only would the engine not start, even with a jump box, but I couldn't get the auto transmission into neutral, even using the override cable (hidden in front of the shift lever). We ended up having to drag it onto a flat bed.

Charlie
I agree on this, My 12V Battery totally died on me , 0% juice, no light no acc no radio. I have a 900 amp jump battery and tried using it and it just sucked up on it and could not start still . Called a Service road truck to jump using his jump start battery ( a bigger one) but still no go. Then we tried the old fashion way . I have a jumper cable - A car donor battery ( his car while it'd running from his battery to mine Jeep 12V battery using jumper and viola!!! The Jeep started.

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
So can you add a dual battery set up in one of these for your extra accessories? Will this system be able to keep them both changed up? How about being able to add a solar charger when your out and about camping?
Sponsored