OP
Fastmover

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
@Fastmover

Using a 1.25 amp, Deltran Battery Tender Plus, on my 3.6L JL, it can take anywhere from 12 hrs.+- til the Battery Tender indicator goes green.

No way, in 6 hrs. are you going to see green.

By the way.... there is the 1.25 amp Deltran Battery Tender Plus and the .75 amp Battery Tender Junior. The Junior will take longer in regard to charging your JL.

Also, I have 3 Battery Tender Pluses. Have used this model for years. I have never seen them go to green in 15 min... and that is on any vehicle.

You should be able to go away for months if you want, and if the Battery Tender is connected, your JL will be aok while you are gone and it will be aok to start right up when you get back.
@Rhinebeck01 and everyone else that responded. Thanks for the feedback. Now that I know it's ok to leave my BT Plus hooked up for a day to the 2.0L with that 48V in the system too, I am trying again now and will report back.
Sponsored

marjamr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Finally, success!
At 11:50 est the green light is on. Apparently the Deltran Plus battery tender has completed it’s work on JL 2.0 battery EUREKA!

OP
OP
Fastmover

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
@Rhinebeck01 She's all charged up in only 2 hours! It's a relief for me that I can trickle charge my 2.0L the same as any other vehicle, and don't have to worry about how the 48V battery is interacting with the charging process.

Here's what I think happened. My JL is only 2 weeks old and only saw 1 good highway run on the way home from the dealer. The rest of the trips were short in the city. Plus, I spent some time last weekend sitting in it with the key (button) in "run" (engine not running) while I went through menu selections and a bunch of Sirius setup. So I think the 12V was down a bit, taking my BT Plus longer than normal (for me) to achieve green light charged status. Yesterday I was on a 4+ hour highway trip, fully charging my 12V in the process. Then I hooked the BT up this morning and it only took 2 hours.

Thanks for your feedback everyone.

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I have a Harley battery tender I use on my bike. Would that also work on my Moab. I have the tow package and heavy duty battery.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I have a Harley battery tender I use on my bike. Would that also work on my Moab. I have the tow package and heavy duty battery.
@Al13
Yes, it will work on your JL.

Sponsored

marjamr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Rhinebeck01
I just posted a question on another thread. If the Jeep will start and the electrics come on with just the small battery connected and the big battery disconnected but will not start if the big battery is connected but the small one is not, what is the purpose or role of the big battery?
In “Jeepinformant’s” Youtube video he shows this scenerio but he doesn’t explain the purpose of the big battery.
Any thoughts?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@marjamr

On the forum, there's lots of info in regard to the 2 batteries on the JL. Suggest you read read... You will have to spend hours to go through all of it.

Pay particular attention to posts by @Jebiruph as he has posted lots and for sure he has a handle so to speak, on this issue.

Of course, @Jebiruph like many of us, is often speculating / guessing / assuming things a bit, in regard to the batteries but he is partucularly attuned to this issue.

Anyway do read..

By the way, don't take all that the Jeepinformant has to say about the batteries or anything at that, for granted... why people take all things he spews for granted, as gospel, puzzles me.

Oh... for the record, my JL will start if I take the Aux battery out of the picture.... Main battery starts the JL and I can use / drive the JL without the Aux and you'd never know the Aux was not being used.

marjamr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
@marjamr

On the forum, there's lots of info in regard to the 2 batteries on the JL. Suggest you read read... You will have to spend hours to go through all of it.

Pay particular attention to posts by @Jebiruph as he has posted lots and for sure he has a handle so to speak, on this issue.

Of course, @Jebiruph like many of us, is often speculating / guessing / assuming things a bit, in regard to the batteries but he is partucularly attuned to this issue.

Anyway do read..

By the way, don't take all that the Jeepinformant has to say about the batteries or anything at that, for granted... why people take all things he spews for granted, as gospel, puzzles me.

Oh... for the record, my JL will start if I take the Aux battery out of the picture.... Main battery starts the JL and I can use / drive the JL without the Aux and you'd never know the Aux was not being used.

Thanks for tge info.

Zaskar

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Hi, I am getting ready to move overseas for 6 months and just picked up a NOCO Genius 5 battery charger/maintainer. I have a 2020 JLU 2.0 e-torque (48v aux battery). I have heard that using a battery maintainer would not work properly and possibly damage the 48v battery.

Can anyone confirm this or is this bs and there is no issues using one?

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
Hi, I am getting ready to move overseas for 6 months and just picked up a NOCO Genius 5 battery charger/maintainer. I have a 2020 JLU 2.0 e-torque (48v aux battery). I have heard that using a battery maintainer would not work properly and possibly damage the 48v battery.

Can anyone confirm this or is this bs and there is no issues using one?
You've been mislead. I use a 12V battery maintainer on my etorque Wrangler frequently. No problems.

Sponsored

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
I have the 3.6 with etorque 48v. When I first brought it home (I bet it sat for months with no driving), it took two days to get a green light from the trickle charger on the 12v, and another few weeks of driving to get it to stop being so aggressive in using regen to charge the 48v. You etorq folks know, that really jerky braking from speed and as it downshifts, its not the downshifts its the generator. Now that it gets used more or less regularly, the regen is far less aggressive. Still hoping mpg goes above 20mpg.

Zaskar

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Thanks, it was a dealership service tech that recommended I not use one. Seemed odd.

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
Thanks, it was a dealership service tech that recommended I not use one. Seemed odd.
Did he say why? He is probably misapplying his training to not charge the 48v vs the 12v. I mean, what's the 48v do, it charges the 12v, and uses a DC to DC charger to do it. You can't back feed through that DC to DC charger into the 48v, particularly at the 13-14v your trickle charger runs at..

Zaskar

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Did he say why? He is probably misapplying his training to not charge the 48v vs the 12v. I mean, what's the 48v do, it charges the 12v, and uses a DC to DC charger to do it. You can't back feed through that DC to DC charger into the 48v, particularly at the 13-14v your trickle charger runs at..
He basically said he was have to shutdown the 48v system for it to work. So I think your right.

Since posting I have connected and topped off the battery without issues.

Thanks again.
Sponsored