Sponsored

Xtreme Recon Package ( Worth the $$$ ) ?

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
So because I have a Hellcat Challenger and don’t bring it to the track to race it, it’s a waste of money to own 😂 Same concept. Why can’t people buy what they want with others having to poke their opinions in there. If you want the XR get the XR. It’s only worth the amount someone is willing to pay. With that being said 392 XR on the way, and I won’t be crawling it but a few time per year, and I don’t care.
Do you gun it every now and then to enjoy the acceleration? Yes, of course you do. That is what it was built for. Maybe not to the same degree, but you are still using it for the intent that it was built for.
Why can't the same logic be applied to the Rubicon or Recon? If you buy something that was built to excel off road on trails, and it never leaves the hardball, seems kinda silly.
Sponsored

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22JLU 392 XR, 21 Charger Hellcat Redeye
So because I have a Hellcat Challenger and don’t bring it to the track to race it, it’s a waste of money to own 😂 Same concept. Why can’t people buy what they want with others having to poke their opinions in there. If you want the XR get the XR. It’s only worth the amount someone is willing to pay. With that being said 392 XR on the way, and I won’t be crawling it but a few time per year, and I don’t care.
And this is up to you. My point, as stated earlier, is that I do not see the value in it. Therefor, no point in spending the money and going into debt to have a vehicle with more capabilities than what will be used. However, I am not the one that is wasting money with purchases for looks or status.....
Yes, if you are not taking your hellcat out to push it to the limits as it is intended, Personally I see it as a waste of money. Putting your 392XR on the rocks a few times a year is different than never taking it on rocks and only periodically driving it down dirt roads only to complain about getting it dirty or scratched. To each their own. Stating my opinion about wasting money may offend you, but just because you are offended, does not mean I am wrong.

Skimdiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon Unlimited
I am just Wondering the difference, if any between the 2. XR vs non-XR Rubi
Just picked up my XR few days ago. The ride quality from my 2020 rubi recon is far superior. Not sure if it’s just the bigger tires, but way smoother over all road surfaces and the K02’s are super quiet compared to the wildpeaks I had. Overall 10 out of 10 in ride quality. I’d give the standard rubi a 7 out of 10. There was more jarring over pot holes. Maybe the extra weight of the wheels/tires and the 3.6 v6 versus the 2.0t I had prior.

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Just picked up my XR few days ago. The ride quality from my 2020 rubi recon is far superior. Not sure if it’s just the bigger tires, but way smoother over all road surfaces and the K02’s are super quiet compared to the wildpeaks I had. Overall 10 out of 10 in ride quality. I’d give the standard rubi a 7 out of 10. There was more jarring over pot holes. Maybe the extra weight of the wheels/tires and the 3.6 v6 versus the 2.0t I had prior.
Thank You, that was super helpful. I have decided to add the XR package. Just wish I placed my order prior to the price hike! 😡

nyvisual

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon
And this is up to you. My point, as stated earlier, is that I do not see the value in it. Therefor, no point in spending the money and going into debt to have a vehicle with more capabilities than what will be used. However, I am not the one that is wasting money with purchases for looks or status.....
Yes, if you are not taking your hellcat out to push it to the limits as it is intended, Personally I see it as a waste of money. Putting your 392XR on the rocks a few times a year is different than never taking it on rocks and only periodically driving it down dirt roads only to complain about getting it dirty or scratched. To each their own. Stating my opinion about wasting money may offend you, but just because you are offended, does not mean I am wrong.
First off who said anything about going into debt for cars? 2nd what makes you think anyone cares about your opinion besides you? Trust me when I tell you if I get offended of what a complete stranger on a forum has to say, I have much bigger problems.

Sponsored

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22JLU 392 XR, 21 Charger Hellcat Redeye
First off who said anything about going into debt for cars? 2nd what makes you think anyone cares about your opinion besides you? Trust me when I tell you if I get offended of what a complete stranger on a forum has to say, I have much bigger problems.
....yet you are still trying to justify your responses......

These forums are designed to be opinion or fact based, depending on the questions asked or information sought out. I stated my opinion about purchasing for purpose and not social status. That is all. It seems that it rubbed people the wrong way because I responded logically, to something I felt was illogical.

nyvisual

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon
....yet you are still trying to justify your responses......

These forums are designed to be opinion or fact based, depending on the questions asked or information sought out. I stated my opinion about purchasing for purpose and not social status. That is all. It seems that it rubbed people the wrong way because I responded logically, to something I felt was illogical.
Well I guess logical to you. You also made some assumptions. I guess if people don’t live like you, they must be wrong in your eyes. I hate to hear your views on politics 😂😂😂

KAB96F

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR
Occupation
Structural Engineer
I like pizza 🍕 and beer :beer:... If you post something on this forum, I think we all assume that someone may respond and give their opinion. And, if they do, you might like it, hate it, or not give a flying F#CK. It's great isn't it? Now carry on... :punch: CHEERS my fellow Jeepers! 🍻

path0s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
It's insane to see the new prices on the XRs now.

I bought mine right after new years, 58k msrp(59.5 for dealer addons) fully loaded, minus heated seats and hard top.

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
Happily Retired
This is 100% my take on my XR! It is faultless on the road and super impressive off-road. I love the XR wheels :)

Sponsored

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
Happily Retired
Thank You, that was super helpful. I have decided to add the XR package. Just wish I placed my order prior to the price hike! 😡
You won’t regret your decision to add the XR package :)

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
So with the new price jumps. I’m thinking about canceling the XR package from my build. $4k + $1250 new pricing for the V6 Etourque = $5250 … If I scratch that package & then opt for the 2.0 that is -$500. So technically I would be saving a whopping $5750.00. If I am reading the build sheet correctly? I think Jeep should cut people some slack on the engine price. Since u can not choose the 2.0 , when you opt for the XR package …. What’s your thoughts guys?
I bought a loaded JLUR in June with the 2.0t, and I love it. That said, if the XR had been available then there would have been no question, I would have the V6 now.

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
It's insane to see the new prices on the XRs now.

I bought mine right after new years, 58k msrp(59.5 for dealer addons) fully loaded, minus heated seats and hard top.
That’s great! My MSRP $68,485 including the Sky One touch.

D2BF34D3-AE79-4A97-94ED-75446FAE1878.jpeg

DesertDweller520

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
So with the new price jumps. I’m thinking about canceling the XR package from my build. $4k + $1250 new pricing for the V6 Etourque = $5250 … If I scratch that package & then opt for the 2.0 that is -$500. So technically I would be saving a whopping $5750.00. If I am reading the build sheet correctly? I think Jeep should cut people some slack on the engine price. Since u can not choose the 2.0 , when you opt for the XR package …. What’s your thoughts guys?
For what it’s worth I picked up my XR yesterday and absolutely love everything about it. Already 500 miles, 100 or so on the trail today and the rest on the highway driving home yesterday. It rides absolutely perfect in both environments in my opinion. I wouldn’t ever order one without the XR package again. 80 on the highway and crawled some decent rocks without any issue today. Get it… you won’t regret it
Sponsored