No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Gladiator max tow package Only Available with V6. No diesel No 4 Cyl.
XR Wrangler V6 or V8. No Diesel , No 4 Cyl.
Jeep Is telling you which are the best powertrains for heavy duty use and towing. It’s right in front of you.
Sponsored

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Jeeps not gonna put a four-cylinder in the extreme recon. Lol . The extreme recon is saved for the heavy duty stuff the dependable V6 and the 392 V8.
4 cyl turbo in XR 😂🤣😂🤣😂
The four-cylinders not even available in the base Gladiator it’s so weak. Lol
Jeep Wrangler JL XR package with a 2.0?  Is it possible? F2DFD6C6-47A5-470E-A645-9A2EBD1C9328

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Gladiator max tow package Only Available with V6. No diesel No 4 Cyl.
XR Wrangler V6 or V8. No Diesel , No 4 Cyl.
Jeep Is telling you which are the best powertrains for heavy duty use and towing. It’s right in front of you.
The weakest engine in the Jeep lineup is the best for heavy duty use AND towing? The only engine that doesn't even make 200ftlbs to the wheels? The high revving garbage that doesn't even crest 150whp until 4000rpm? It needs the 4.56 gears just to get out of its own way.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The weakest engine in the Jeep lineup is the best for heavy duty use AND towing? The only engine that doesn't even make 200ftlbs to the wheels? The high revving garbage that doesn't even crest 150whp until 4000rpm? It needs the 4.56 gears just to get out of its own way.
Garbage LOOOOL Someone thinks they’re funny😂

Sponsored

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Hey now! If it wasn't for the 3.6 some of these guys would be pushing for a horse and buggy over some whiz bang doo hicky internal combustion engine with all its fancy contraptions! 🤣😂

It's tried and true 😉

OP
OP
buzz998

buzz998

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
wow... didn't mean to get anyone's panties in a twist and create an uproar. i agree the 3.6 is a solid engine. but i will also say the 2.0 pretty damn impressive. i've felt the way a 3.6 pulls. i own a 2.0 because i was impressed with how well it pulls. my feeling was if the XR was available with the 2.0 that was the way i wanted to go. gearing does wonders. i understand that. i think a 2.0 with 4.56s would be one hell of a combination from the factory.

no disrespect to the 3.6 and all of it's supporters but if i'm buying i'm choosing the 2.0. just my .02 cents.

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
Yes, the XR option has nothing to do with the motor option.
Unfortunately it isn't available with the diesel. (As I just noticed others said =/ )

Sponsored

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
wow... didn't mean to get anyone's panties in a twist and create an uproar. i agree the 3.6 is a solid engine. but i will also say the 2.0 pretty damn impressive. i've felt the way a 3.6 pulls. i own a 2.0 because i was impressed with how well it pulls. my feeling was if the XR was available with the 2.0 that was the way i wanted to go. gearing does wonders. i understand that. i think a 2.0 with 4.56s would be one hell of a combination from the factory.

no disrespect to the 3.6 and all of it's supporters but if i'm buying i'm choosing the 2.0. just my .02 cents.
This is the JL Wrangler Forum. It is impossible to make a post, and not get someone's panties in a twist. That is why I love this place!

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation