wth, I hate squirrels..

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
We have a bunch of squirrels and a yard full of acorns as well. I haven't noticed any chewing on the vehicles, yet, but they do seem to purposely chuck acorns down on them from above.

I was out with our dog in the back yard yesterday, and an acorn and small branch landed close to us. I looked up and sitting on a branch, next to its nest, was a squirrel staring down at us. Shortly after I stopped looking at him, another branch hits the ground nearby. Normally, I don't mind the squirrels in the yard (well, except the ground squirrels, I'm sick of those little ba$^*@s), but if they keep targeting us and/or my Jeep, things will get ugly.

lexvet

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Willys 2dr 6MT
I have squirrels all over the place. I use moth balls under and all around my vehicles and haven’t had any problems. Every now and then a track or two.
FYI, moth balls are incredibly lethal and don't discriminate. They'll kill the squirrels but will also kill your dogs/cats. Tobasco/pepper flakes are much more humane.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
FYI, moth balls are incredibly lethal and don't discriminate. They'll kill the squirrels but will also kill your dogs/cats. Tobasco/pepper flakes are much more humane.
I don’t support any animals.

Sponsored

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I'm betting those squirrels are Jeep fans, and they just want you to have more tire clearance for approaching obstacles.

Let them continue their work such that you have better clearance or a steel bumper upgrade is warranted.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Saw on TicTok last week a guy with a new Ram pickup who left his dog inside while he went in somewhere and when he came back out his seats were shredded down to the foam. Ouch.

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Spraying distilled vinegar all around works too

Nomod

First Name
Brien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S; '05 Pontiac GTO; '12 MBenz GLK; '99 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan; all purchased new - I tend to keep vehicles a long time
.177/1000fps with scope. 197 kia in seven years and squirrel problems have been eliminated.

Sponsored

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
Peppermint oil also is a great rodent deterrent I believe. You can try some peppermint oil spray available in Lowes or HD in the pest control section. One on them goes by the name of "Rodent Sheriff". I used it around the perimeter of my house as Las Vegas had a rat problem in spring/summer of 2020 as the lockdowns closed restaurants, and rats started to invade residential subdivisions scrounging for food. I have a fig tree in my backyard that attracted them.

Namakan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
My father in law has had issues with squirrels around his home. So far he has trapped and relocated over 40 this year alone. Just when he thinks he's gotten them all there are two more that move in. He is retired and has now become his second hobby.

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
We have a bunch of squirrels and a yard full of acorns as well. I haven't noticed any chewing on the vehicles, yet, but they do seem to purposely chuck acorns down on them from above.

I was out with our dog in the back yard yesterday, and an acorn and small branch landed close to us. I looked up and sitting on a branch, next to its nest, was a squirrel staring down at us. Shortly after I stopped looking at him, another branch hits the ground nearby. Normally, I don't mind the squirrels in the yard (well, except the ground squirrels, I'm sick of those little ba$^*@s), but if they keep targeting us and/or my Jeep, things will get ugly.
Reminds me of the Rick and Morty episode where Morty can hear the squirrels talking about taking over the world!

kbp810

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Similar problem here, but with chipmunks. Zillions upon zillions of chipmunks.

They chewed up a wire loom in the wife's explorer; chewed up wires in our SXS; filled the area next to my battery with acorns in the jeep - have tried different repellents, the plug in sub sonic noise maker things, traps, etc... still catch them in the garage and under vehicles from time to time. They don't present a target as good as squirrels do either, lol....

docmac

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 4xe
I'm not sure what the problem is here, Sherp...
This is the perfect excuse to get those steel bumpers!
Sponsored