Wrangler Rubicon 392 Ordering is Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Ninja 650R, Jeep 392, Yamaha TTR230
Thank you for the response, much appreciated, and sweet Jeep you have there!

So, if the One Touch can not be removed, even with a harness lift system installed in my garage, then it seems I should just get the regular 2 piece or 3 piece hard top. I hope I assume correctly that these tops can be removed relatively easy with a garage lift system, or a buddy.?.

From there I could purchase a soft top and aftermarket half doors... or perhaps Jeep will sell the half doors separately down the road sometime.

I state these thoughts in hopes someone will correct me if I'm assuming incorrectly, or has a better idea.

Thanks & Good Night All

~justin
Sponsored

PunkSnyper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Correct. But half doors now an option.

Being on my 3rd Jeep with a hard top, I can count on one hand the number of times the entire top has been removed so I would consider the one-touch option. We test drove one with it and we really liked it. All depends on where you live and your style. For me, rain anxiety kills it. lol

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
Thank you for the response, much appreciated, and sweet Jeep you have there!

So, if the One Touch can not be removed, even with a harness lift system installed in my garage, then it seems I should just get the regular 2 piece or 3 piece hard top. I hope I assume correctly that these tops can be removed relatively easy with a garage lift system, or a buddy.?.

From there I could purchase a soft top and aftermarket half doors... or perhaps Jeep will sell the half doors separately down the road sometime.

I state these thoughts in hopes someone will correct me if I'm assuming incorrectly, or has a better idea.

Thanks & Good Night All

~justin
The One Touch will make going quasi-topless very easy but does not come completely off as easy as a hard top and Jeep would say it shouldn't come off at all.

All hard tops are 3 piece and very easy to remove with a lift. I use the hard top in the cold months and store it in the spring and summer for replacement by a soft top.

Half doors will be available to purchase from a parts supplier at some point. My ordering experience had them greyed out unless I ordered the one touch top which was a no-go for me. This was not the experience of others here so take it for what its worth. There are no after market half door options like the factory halves. Only tube doors and the like... I will buy the factory doors as soon as I can.

PJJPtx

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 392, '21 JLUR, '18 Sahara, Viper TT, Gallardo
Is it possible to take advantage of the tread lightly program? Technically, I haven’t purchased this jeep yet.

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
Is it possible to take advantage of the tread lightly program? Technically, I haven’t purchased this jeep yet.
Yes. Tread lightly would get applied at time of delivery to customer when all balances are squared away.

Sponsored

PJJPtx

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just signed up at $100 individual level.

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2021 JLURD "The Big D"
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Supervisor, Air Traffic Control. RETIRED at 51 baby!!!
Just signed up at $100 individual level.
Me too! I'm glad you asked that question so THANK YOU!!!

Now let's see what happens when I have the Friends and Family code, the Tread Lightly code, and am a Veteran. Honestly, I'd be happy after hearing all the things dealerships do to pay sticker without any dealership add ons or markup!

PJJPtx

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Friends and family? I haven’t heard of that one. How do I get one of those

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Friends and family? I haven’t heard of that one. How do I get one of those
Title says it all but from their site: "The Chrysler Friends Program allows friends and extended family members to receive Preferred Pricing. Preferred Pricing is a maximum 1 percent below factory invoice pricing (plus a $75 administration fee)". And further explanation "The Friends Program includes friends, neighbors, acquaintances, and extended family members of employees, retirees, and surviving spouses of the Fiat-Chrysler Association."

It's the same 1% below invoice that the Tread Lightly gets you. Not that I can group the discounts but it's ammunition if they try and screw me.

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
Already have a VON, but by any chance has anyone who ordered a 392 been assigned a VIN# or estimated build date yet?

Sponsored

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Already have a VON, but by any chance has anyone who ordered a 392 been assigned a VIN# or estimated build date yet?
Vin's won't be assigned until they are in the build process. January I was told.

jeepken

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392
Vin's won't be assigned until they are in the build process. January I was told.

I had the same reply from Jeep chat 10 minutes before reading this :). I also confirmed I can still make changes with the dealer. I'm thinking of changing from Granite to Punk'n as I didn't see that color option when ordering. Also thinking of what those half door windows look like to know if I ultimately want those too.

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I had the same reply from Jeep chat 10 minutes before reading this :). I also confirmed I can still make changes with the dealer. I'm thinking of changing from Granite to Punk'n as I didn't see that color option when ordering. Also thinking of what those half door windows look like to know if I ultimately want those too.
Don't do it! For two reasons...1)Punkń isn't available. and 2) make any changes and it moves you down the list. I think it changes the VON, which is the order at which they are built.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Can't wait to see some of these on the road and get some feedback from you guys that are buying them.

Congrats!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.