Wrangler in the winter?

Allagash27

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
I've had mine for most of a winter in northern Maine, and it did fine. I don't know about the 2.0, but the 3.6 engine seems to warm up faster than any vehicle I've ever owned. I'm thinking it's the aluminum block-less mass to heat up.
Sponsored

Raz65

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
My 2012 JK has a fantastic heater as others have said. I have a 2021 Willys on the way and as far as tires go I'm interested to see how the 255/75R17 Firestone Destinations are in the snow. I have ran 285/70R17 Duratracs on my Rubicon since I've had it. I hope the narrower tires are going to perform better in the snow. I find the 285s don't cut through the snow the greatest and cause the Jeep to get pushed around in deeper snow and ruts.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I don't know about the 2.0, but the 3.6 engine seems to warm up faster than any vehicle I've ever owned. I'm thinking it's the aluminum block-less mass to heat up.
I've the 2.0L in my JLU. Within a minute of starting the vehicle on a cold morning, warm air starts to flow from the vents. The engine reaches normal operating temperature in short order.

I'm curious to know how truly cold it has to be for me to have the heat set to Full and not be uncomfortably warm. The heaters in these vehicles are the best I've experienced, full stop. Those who are concerned about having a soft top through the winter, for example, needn't worry.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I have to agree. I have the auto climate. I set it for 68 and leave the fan on low speed, I put my jacket or sweatshirt in the back seat and usually drive with a short or long sleeve shirt. The Jeep’s super comfortable to me. I think once last winter my wife said she was cold. I just raised the temp. to 70 and turned the fan up a little.
The Jeep heating system gets 2 thumbs up from me.
Sponsored