Sponsored

How is the soft top in the winter? (real winter)

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
It would occasionally flap in strong winds, but that was the first top I had. The one pictured doesn't flap in the wind, but it'll let snow in. Here are some pictures of the snow creating a "wedge" on the soft top to let even more snow in.
Jeep Wrangler JL How is the soft top in the winter? (real winter) 20190314_084028

20190314_084043.jpg
Sponsored

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
I only have a soft top near the NYC tristate area. The last winter was mild, and this year is off to a great start. Most people idle in their cars to stay warm - you’d probably have to do this mostly with a soft top although I have no experience with a hard top. I would say that it has not been an issue coming from the 7 regular cars I have owned before my sport. The best thing about the soft top is that you can tap the twill and knock most of the snow off. Once you get the heater working the windows clear up. I find that I cannot fog them up at all if I have the heater/ac unit regulating a comfortable temp. Also no issues with snow or rain getting in on my top. - it does flap like crazy when you’re doing 65+ on the highway/freeway.

Edit** Premium Soft top Twill

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
On both of my JLs, a strong sidewind will/would cause the top to separate from the sides. It. is the nature of the design I think. It can either be easy to operate or leak free. I like it to be easy to operate.

I also run mine through the car wash once or twice a month......brushes and all. My windows get scratched. However, there are two products (maybe several others) that clean and minimize the scratches in plastic windows. One is Plexus Plastic Cleaner. It is designed to fill the small scratches and make the window appear nearly new. It works but is expensive.

The other product is Lemon Pledge. Yep good old cheap Lemon Pledge. It does the same job as Plexus, is available everywhere, and smells better to boot. I've done windows with each and could not tell the difference.

I don't worry about the tiny scratches from the carwash because I know brush and branches scratch much worse. Of course this may not be a problem at the mall.

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation