First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
There are several devices on the market to enable wireless connectivity to Carplay. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Sponsored

Mikiejag

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deciding, 2020 JL Black and tan
I picked up the carplay2air. carplay2air.com, and mounted It behind the AC controls. There was a thread somewhere around here that had the pieces you need.
Here is the parts list. USB adapter, and Jeep to CP2Air.
A quick set of instructions is to take apart the AC and the dash panel.

unhook the mini usb going into the media port, plug in the Jeep to CPAir part, then the Carplay2air, then the USB adapter. It will put the wireless dongle inline and hidden away.

You can also just plug It in, but that one is the best recommended one. It just works.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought the carlinkit 2.0 from amazon last week. I bought the one that is listed for Pioneer/Kenwood/Alpine. I just plugged mine in in the USB outlet in the center arm console so it's hidden away from view. Works perfectly fine. Only thing is sometimes it takes about half a minute to initially connect, but once it does it works like a charm.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086JN1SGX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
Glad to hear this product works! Not crazy about the $145 price.

Sponsored

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to hear this product works! Not crazy about the $145 price.
Me neither. But the convenience of it sure pays off for me. Plus, my aunt just got the Audi E-Tron Sportback couple weeks ago, and I was super jealous of the wireless carplay so I had to try to make it work in my JL lol.

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
I just bought the carlinkit 2.0 from amazon last week. I bought the one that is listed for Pioneer/Kenwood/Alpine. I just plugged mine in in the USB outlet in the center arm console so it's hidden away from view. Works perfectly fine. Only thing is sometimes it takes about half a minute to initially connect, but once it does it works like a charm.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086JN1SGX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
Thanks for sharing! Question, why did you go with the Pioneer / Kenwood / Alpine version vs. the "White, for factory carplay car" one? Also, did you have to do a firmware upgrade? I like the safety / convenience of buying through Amazon. . . .

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for sharing! Question, why did you go with the Pioneer / Kenwood / Alpine version vs. the "White, for factory carplay car" one? Also, did you have to do a firmware upgrade? I like the safety / convenience of buying through Amazon. . . .
Because I'm a little OCD and think the white is ugly lol. With Amazon free return I figured if it didn't work, then I'll try the white version lol. I know, I'm an idiot.

I did do a firmware update, which initially I was hesitant at first. In a macrumor forum thread about the dongles, there were some that said do not update as it stopped working, but I did it anyway and it works perfectly. Took couple times for the upgrade as it was slow, but it works good.

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Because I'm a little OCD and think the white is ugly lol. With Amazon free return I figured if it didn't work, then I'll try the white version lol. I know, I'm an idiot.

I did do a firmware update, which initially I was hesitant at first. In a macrumor forum thread about the dongles, there were some that said do not update as it stopped working, but I did it anyway and it works perfectly. Took couple times for the upgrade as it was slow, but it works good.
Appreciate the tip. Just purchased from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086JN1SGX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Arrived next day. Works flawlessly. Went ahead and updated the firmware. Really love it.
Which Uconnect do you guys have? 8.4 inch or the 7 inch!? And how do you guys like it so far?

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
Which Uconnect do you guys have? 8.4 inch or the 7 inch!? And how do you guys like it so far?
Hi, I have the 8.7 inch info system. So far working great! Only on my 3rd day. Today for some weird reason it took about 30 seconds to connect. Normally has been under 10 seconds.
Sponsored