Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon - 3.0 Turbo Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I used the Warn winch plate, and mine is maybe just a little farther forward then yours, but not by much- it would look much the same had you used the Warn plate. Those cables are just a fact of life with the Evo vs the Zeon- not much you can do with them. I ziptied mine together in a couple of spots. I also put a piece of 3M clear bra on the grille where they touch to keep them from rubbing through the paint. If you trim down the plastic trim piece that was between the bumper and frame before the winch and reinstall, it will help hide part of the winch cables and the fog light connection- see my post on that above.

IMG_2718.JPG

IMG_2719.JPG
thank you for the reply. My winch is so tight to the grille I don't think I can slip a piece of paper in between! Literally thinking about changing it out. not sure if I need a different winch. I have looked at so many online this morning and I can't find any like ours with the cords running like that. Brad with Trail Recon had one on his JLURD with no cords visible. I'm not sure what warn winch he used.
Sponsored

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
thank you for the reply. My winch is so tight to the grille I don't think I can slip a piece of paper in between! Literally thinking about changing it out. not sure if I need a different winch. I have looked at so many online this morning and I can't find any like ours with the cords running like that. Brad with Trail Recon had one on his JLURD with no cords visible. I'm not sure what warn winch he used.
Not sure which winch he has, but the Zeon's use a bus bar for the electrical connectors rather than cables, one of the reason it looks much cleaner, but costs a whole lot more. Not sure there's any way to mount an Evo on a JL without the cables showing to some degree. I wouldn't worry about it if it works! This video is a great comparison between the less expensive Evo and the Zeon.

cab1024

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I'm getting ready to do this install over the weekend. What were the problems you had, or any tips if you were doing it again? Thanks
Installing the winch was pretty easy and straightforward, though I knocked the last of the nuts out of its spot in the winch body and had to unscrew the three I had just tightened, pull the winch out, reset the nut, then do it all again. So be extra careful when threading the bolt up through the winch plate so you don't knock the nut out of its home.

The tedious part was attaching the fog lights to the bumper, which I did upside down and eventually have to take the bumper off and redo, and tightening the bumper to the winch plat. Access on a stubby bumper is extremely tight -- though when I was completely done, I noticed there was an easier access point directly underneath the bumper that I hadn't seen, a narrow crack I could have gotten my wrench into. But I will use it to take the 8 huge bolts off to flip the fog lights over. At least I don't think I need to remove the winch or winch plate.

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
I mounted a warn zeon 10-s with the warn winch plate in the factory steel bumper. I did not have to trim anything. I did have to redrill the holes in the frame horns to get everything to line up because the factory had them so far out of alignment. It was easy though. I just ran a drill bit through them to elongate them just a tad.

Jeep Wrangler JL Winch Install Question IMG_20220701_160606157
What amber lights are you running?

Sponsored

Adv_aw8s

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon diesel
Clubs

What amber lights are you running?
I'm running the baja designs sae squadrons in amber. Absolutely love them. I have the led package and tried the amber film over the stock ones but only ran it for a couple weeks before I ordered these. I wasn't happy with the amber film at all, these are hands down much better.

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
I'm running the baja designs sae squadrons in amber. Absolutely love them. I have the led package and tried the amber film over the stock ones but only ran it for a couple weeks before I ordered these. I wasn't happy with the amber film at all, these are hands down much better.
Hey Adv_aw8s, thanks for spreading the positive feedback about our product.

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
I installed the Badlands 12K winch on Rugged Ridge Arcus front bumper with no trimming or issues. Pretty straightforward install by myself in driveway with no grinding, great instructions plus multiple videos online to cherry pick the better parts.
I'm about to do this same install, the Arcus will go on this week, I'll do the winch later on in the year more than likely.

Adv_aw8s

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon diesel
Clubs

Hey Adv_aw8s, thanks for spreading the positive feedback about our product.
You bet, I use to run your lights in the early 2000's when racing Best in the desert. They were good back then but man they have come along way. Next on the list are some LP4's for the front bumper.

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
You bet, I use to run your lights in the early 2000's when racing Best in the desert. They were good back then but man they have come along way. Next on the list are some LP4's for the front bumper.
Feel free to give me a shout when your ready to get those on order, Id love to help you out.
Email:[email protected]
Sponsored