Question for you Warn Winch installers

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I just ordered a Warn Zeon 10-S Winch and Warn mount. I have the factory steel bumper on a 19 JLUR. My question is I’ve watched a lot of install videos and people complain that when they reinstall the bumper skid plate some of the holes don’t line up, and they have to drill out the holes to get the bolts in. I guess the mount moves the skid plate mount forward a little. So, is it because of the Warn mount or what? Should I return the Warn and get I different winch mount? I don’t feel I should have to ream out holes after installing the mount just to get the skid plate to fix. Thanks for the advise as always.
Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Warn mount in a OEM steel bumper. The reason the skid plate does not line up is due to the 1/4" spacing that is added.

With that said, I had no issues aligning the skid plate. Simply start adding the bolts from the outside of each side of the Jeep towards the middle and you will be fine. It is only off a small amount.

If it were me I would keep the Warn mount. It is a very good design and is really heavy duty

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
The warn mount is best IMO despite this - I have an EVO 10S and warn plate on my OEM steel bumper and the lower holes on the skid plate certainly did not line up due to the spacer added during install. I bought a $10 steel cutting bit for my Dremel and ovaled out the holes, making them extend towards the rearmost part of the skid. Took about 5 minutes so wasn't too bad at all - there was absolutely no way I was getting those in without elongating the holes. Manufacturing tolerances differ just enough that others like the poster above may have been able to do it without, but on mine I needed probably a quarter inch of additional space to line up.

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I looked at some other ones like the Rockhard mount. It seems way more simple. Besides the skid bolts I’ve seen the inner bumper bolts were next to impossible.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to stay with the Warn, and do what you guys said with the bolts. I'm sure if I take my time I can ge them to work without drilling anything.

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I just installed the Warn plate and had no issues installing the skid plate, bolt holes lined regardless of the fact the bumper was moved forward by 1/4”
Sponsored