Winch Cable routing : Warn Winch Plate

CaseOfAle

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 981S, 19JLUS
I don't think I've run across this tip when mounting your winch, and routing the cables.

If you remove the grill (6 clips and it pulls out relatively easy), you can route the cables around the frame, up under the airbox to the battery area.

Clean install without the cables showing.

I had the typical cable issues we all seem to have experienced, but removed the grill today, and found you can tuck everything away nicely. Simple 10-minute project...

Just a tip if you are interested.

Jeep Wrangler JL Winch Cable routing : Warn Winch Plate Winch Cables
Sponsored

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I ran mine thru the tube under the air box. you have to take the air box apart and separate the tube seemed to be he best way to keep the wires protected and away from heat sources.

29603412-25CA-498A-BDC5-A6DEA5B03C02.jpeg

503AFA41-6BD5-45B6-A635-9C4601024B68.jpeg

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
I don't think I've run across this tip when mounting your winch, and routing the cables.

If you remove the grill (6 clips and it pulls out relatively easy), you can route the cables around the frame, up under the airbox to the battery area.

Clean install without the cables showing.

I had the typical cable issues we all seem to have experienced, but removed the grill today, and found you can tuck everything away nicely. Simple 10-minute project...

Just a tip if you are interested.
Do you have a pic with the winch cover bag off? I'm going to be installing one whenever my plate comes in and would like to make it nice and neat. Thanks!
Sponsored