Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I got 18% off sticker for my loaded Sport S. That kind of deal I could not find on a Rubicon. I can literally build my sport to be way better than a rubicon and still save money.
Sponsored

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
It is heavier, but as to the original poster's comment, that weight isn't necessarily in the front end since the battery pack is towards the rear of the vehicle.
Weight is weight... lighter is better... but i agree with your point.. at least it is in the back... :)

702SaharaJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bikini Blue
That was a pretty funny video..At least she's in a Jeep and not a Prius!

Did someone tell her she can control her music on the underside of the steering wheel?

Sponsored

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
It's actually a plug and play swap, but you need a Tazer or Flashcal to tell the computer your new TC ratio. Just make sure the TC you get matches the transmission you have, there is a difference between the Auto and Manual.
Thank you!! Iā€™ll be shooting for that eventually!! Good to know itā€™s not too complicated so hopefully I wonā€™t be overcharged!! :)

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
There is absolutely no need to justify any Jeep. The Rubicon cost what it costs because of the features it comes with. The sport cost what it costs for the same reasons. In both cases you get what you pay for, theres no trick here. It all comes down to how much money you wanna spend and what trim you think you need.

Then just enjoy your Jeep. Youll get compliments regardless of which trim you drive and youll have fun with either as well.
I used to have an old CJ5 with a 302, I did nearly everything you could do to a Jeep inside and out, l was out to make it a Monster. I loved it and wow I could go anywhere. But what I discovered, "Do I need all this shit on a vehicle that spends 90% on black top". I came to realize "OVERKILL". I know everyone wants their Jeep to get the looks and people say Wow, but face it. I have never put my Jeep in 4 wheel on black top unless it was completely iced over and 4 feet of snow. The point is, Dont get caught up in putting 37's on your JL and 6" lift, all the suspension tricks unless you are going to use it. The posers do all this work and their jeep has never seen dirt...

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I used to have an old CJ5 with a 302, I did nearly everything you could do to a Jeep inside and out, l was out to make it a Monster. I loved it and wow I could go anywhere. But what I discovered, "Do I need all this shit on a vehicle that spends 90% on black top". I came to realize "OVERKILL". I know everyone wants their Jeep to get the looks and people say Wow, but face it. I have never put my Jeep in 4 wheel on black top unless it was completely iced over and 4 feet of snow. The point is, Dont get caught up in putting 37's on your JL and 6" lift, all the suspension tricks unless you are going to use it. The posers do all this work and their jeep has never seen dirt...
I actually use my Jeep's capabilities. I have a few scratches on differential cover and under rock sliders, so I know I have pushed it a bit. I've had my back wheel go up in the air a few times and had wished I had more articulation. Even though it is on pavement 90% of the time, and when off-roading it is easy trails most of the time, it only takes once to cause body damage or worst.

I know what I need for what I use it, and that is a bit more articulation so I bought quick discos. I am also gonna install a rubi suspension on it to get more clearance and articulation, and be able to install metal bumper to protect the body, and also add some weight on the top without losing much clearance because I have a 2 door and go camping a lot. I got the suspension from a 2 door with metal bumpers and tow package, so that would put me up to about 11in ground clearance but wont lift me too much. I will go 33s K02s when my 31.5 ATs die, or if they start failing me.

I'll never go 37s because I am not rock crawling. The money I am saving for not making a mall rated jeep I am gonna use to buy a sweet hiker trailer camper, I've always wanted one.

Sponsored

Alh84

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jeep jl
A base Rubicon is about $10K more than a base Sport S.
If you put factory options on a Sport S to make it closer to a base Rubicon, the difference is closer to $4K.
Yea itā€™s 4K if u round down donā€™t pay the extra sales tax plus tags are gonna be more donā€™t know where people get these numbers but itā€™s almost 6k more when all is said and done.

Alh84

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jeep jl
I got 18% off sticker for my loaded Sport S. That kind of deal I could not find on a Rubicon. I can literally build my sport to be way better than a rubicon and still save money.
Finally someone that can do math

Simann

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Finally someone that can do math
My opinion: If you are financing the Sport, and paying cash for the parts to bring it up to par with a Rubicon, i'm not seeing how you are saving any money. Moreover, voiding a warranty or two in the process. If not paying cash for them, throwing $10,000+ worth of parts and accessories on a credit card will be much more expensive in the long run, with a much higher APR%.

Alh84

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jeep jl
My opinion: If you are financing the Sport, and paying cash for the parts to bring it up to par with a Rubicon, i'm not seeing how you are saving any money. Moreover, voiding a warranty or two in the process. If not paying cash for them, throwing $10,000+ worth of parts and accessories on a credit card will be much more expensive in the long run, with a much higher APR%.
[/QUOTE
The only thing that will be voided will be the parts you replace so donā€™t buy cheap upgrades. All this finance bs about the sport but how u gonna pay for the rubi? chucke cheese tickets? If your financing a Jeep and parts just drive it off a cliff. itā€™s simple math sport is 10k less plus they will negotiate more than a rubicon. Also if I buy a rubicon Iā€™m still gonna do upgrades on it bc Iā€™m not buying Jeep to have something that looks like everyone elseā€™s.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Also if I buy a rubicon Iā€™m still gonna do upgrades on it [...].
This ties into my OP; you will upgrading be it Rubicon or any other model and it seems fair to say that you are not paying any more for those parts on a Rubicon versus any other model. For clarity, I am talking about the usual suspects--tie-rods, drag links, trackbars, springs, shocks. It is all about personal preference to a large degree.
Sponsored