Not open for further replies.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
No, "silly" is about as harsh as I would go.
Yep. and that is your opinion and your option is 100% fine. The dude who owns the pictured jeep may call your jeep “country” or something..... 100% fine. Different viewpoints, different owners, different Jeeps. no judgement, just different tastes.

But the OP called the owner a “moron”. Really? A “moron” for having a different view of what his Jeep should be?

I would have a beer with the owner of the pictured jeep. He/she could probably talk to me about an aesthetic that I don’t share and I would be a better person for having listened during that beer.
Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Well, I am probably going to get flamed, but the huge rims make as much sense on a Wrangler, as does the Multicolored LED Lights that many around here are putting on their rigs.
What it all boils down to is what appeals to one, might make another nauseous. Like Angry Eyes on a Wrangler.
Me, I dont care one way or the other.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Well, I am probably going to get flamed, but the huge rims make as much sense on a Wrangler, as does the Multicolored LED Lights that many around here are putting on their rigs.
What it all boils down to is what appeals to one, might make another nauseous. Like Angry Eyes on a Wrangler.
Me, I dont care one way or the other.
Neither of those mods you mentioned create actual negative effects.

OP
OP

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Given that historically Jeeps (a.k.a. today's Wrangler) are so synonymous with winning wars and securing our freedom (Eisenhower considered the Jeep one of his top 3 vehicles that helped win WW II) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willys_MB I take that Freedom seriously: including the right for people, as long as it's street legal and safe, to customize their Wranglers as they see fit.

Some mods I find outright distasteful to my sense of what's right. Then again, the owners of some of those Wranglers may feel the same way about mine. Regardless, I extend the wave to all, including those who run stock.

As to why owners do "this," be it this thread's mod or any the answer is simple (if not also already obvious to all):

"because the cost of doing so was less than the worth of the benefit they felt doing it."
I think Everyone can agree if General Patton looked at the Jeep i posted , he’d say it looked stupid ...

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I think Everyone can agree if General Patton looked at the Jeep i posted , he’d say it looked stupid ...
And i wonder why Patton adorned his side arms with ivory grips? Utterly non-functional and They are so gauche, no?

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I don’t know. I think patton would rather have driven that dudes JL. Those old Jeeps didn’t have AC.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
People want to be different. It takes a lot of trouble, costs a lot of money, and sometimes makes you look worse but you do look different. In the old days it was easy to look different- you rolled up a pack of cigarettes in the sleeve of your white tshirt. Now it has gotten much harder- people have to do weird clothes, weird hair, piercings, and now crazy stuff to their cars.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
And i wonder why Patton adorned his side arms with ivory grips? Utterly non-functional and They are so gauche, no?
Ivory grips are the epitome of class on a fine sidearm, although they don't function any better than wood and they are hard to get these days with the ivory embargo.
You may remember what Patton said in the movie about pearl handles on sidearms. Well I was in the Texas Ranger museum one time and there were a lot of guns owned by past rangers with pearl grips. I don't think even Patton would say what he said to their faces.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Ivory grips are the epitome of class on a fine sidearm, although they don't function any better than wood and they are hard to get these days with the ivory embargo.
You may remember what Patton said in the movie about pearl handles on sidearms. Well I was in the Texas Ranger museum one time and there were a lot of guns owned by past rangers with pearl grips. I don't think even Patton would say what he said to their faces.
You miss my point.

the OP is stretching to try to “prove“ his case that the owner of the Jeep in question is a “moron”.

an ivory handled sidearm for an active duty soldier makes no military or functional sense IMO, regardless of rank. It’s all aesthetics. some may like the choice and others might see it as nothing but peacocking In an active war zone. Both views are completely legit.

kinda like driving a glam’ d up Jeep in New Jersey.

I would not call Patton a “moron” for having ivory handles. Perhaps the OP would.

Sponsored

USMC0311

First Name
Oslo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU diesel Rubicon
I had a Mopar lift kit, 35x12.5x20 tires installed on my wife's JLUDR. I drove it for the first time this week, handles better, is quieter, and steering is more responsive than her '13 Jk Rubicon. Looks better too. Don't know why there are haters over what someone does to their own vehicles, especially when it makes them better.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Its not like it looks good, and diminishes the capability the vehicle was designed for. Cant swap tires with anyone if u get a flat. Costs a ridiculous amount of money just to look bad.

Destroys any good handling characteristics.

Makes the ride harsh and unbearable.

Easier to get a flat

Curbs at the mall and drive thru are a huge danger factor
690C8CF6-C9CD-42D0-85F1-CB82AE3EEF98.jpeg
I trust that you enjoy your rig as much as that Jeep owner probably does. As such, he or she probably has little time to judge others’ Jeep builds.

Enjoy and appreciate what you have.

aphillips76

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door
Build Thread
Link
My 2 cents...

Pretty much the problem with society today. Name calling (or worse) if I don’t like the things you like, vote the way you vote, own the things you own, drink the drinks you drink, accessorize or use my Jeep in the way you believe it should be used...

The reality is this, he built his Jeep for his life situation and others did the same for their own. It doesn’t make anyone right or wrong... just different. How about we sit down, have a chat over a beer or a cup of coffee and try to understand where each other is coming from before we judge them for not being exactly like we are...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.