Sponsored

Who's leasing? Please step inside!

Jlb1177

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Sahara lease much worse than sport and Rubicon models. My lease was with July numbers so not sure if they have gotten Better or worse. That lease was 48 month term for 10k a year.
Sponsored

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
For perspective, I had 472 per month with 472 down on a 53600 msrp Rubicon. If I were you maybe consider an entry level rubi as there residuals are also high. And that price is also with a -2k trade deficit included.
What residual were you offered on the Rubi? Thanks!

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I feel like JKU prices have gone UP since I was looking last year.
That's true . Even used . I saw a used '16 JK 2-door exactly like mine for sale at 20% more than I paid .

If I were you , I would buy a cheaper JK rather than spend too much on a more expensive JL . Always try to minimize your expenditures , because you will have other expenses , you know .

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
That's true . Even used . I saw a used '16 JK 2-door exactly like mine for sale at 20% more than I paid .

If I were you , I would buy a cheaper JK rather than spend too much on a more expensive JL . Always try to minimize your expenditures , because you will have other expenses , you know .
The one mispriced ā€˜16 JK you saw doesnā€™t do anything by itself to change the average price of the entirely of the ā€˜16 JKs that are for sale.

It could have simply been a typo. But if itā€™s not, the only knowledge youā€™ve gained is you found the one dealer to not go to to buy a used JK.

Sponsored

OP
OP

StuntmanMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Volvo XC70, 2000 Firebird Formula
The one mispriced ā€˜16 JK you saw doesnā€™t do anything by itself to change the average price of the entirely of the ā€˜16 JKs that are for sale.

It could have simply been a typo. But if itā€™s not, the only knowledge youā€™ve gained is you found the one dealer to not go to to buy a used JK.

No, I believe it. That's what I'm seeing, with used. Yes, new JK's had option prices increase at some point last year, but the used ones seem to be going up as well, relative to where they were a year ago.

For example, in June of last year, I was considering a '15 JKU at a local dealer for 26,999. A year later, a 15 JKU optioned the same, though now another year older with another 10-15k miles on it at this point, is now priced in the 28-30k range. I'm also seeing a lot of '15 Saharas in the 33-30k range now, where they seemed to be cheaper last year (when they were a year newer with fewer miles).

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
No, I believe it. That's what I'm seeing, with used. Yes, new JK's had option prices increase at some point last year, but the used ones seem to be going up as well, relative to where they were a year ago.

For example, in June of last year, I was considering a '15 JKU at a local dealer for 26,999. A year later, a 15 JKU optioned the same, though now another year older with another 10-15k miles on it at this point, is now priced in the 28-30k range. I'm also seeing a lot of '15 Saharas in the 33-30k range now, where they seemed to be cheaper last year (when they were a year newer with fewer miles).
Dealers are likely leveraging the higher MSRP of the JL's to validate a higher costs on used JK's this year compared to last despite the fact that nothing has changed on the used offerings

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport

Yup . The reason is that proven reliability is in demand . Even if you spend $30K for a 2016 2-door JK , you will be both bucks and calmness ahead . More fun , too .

However , if you want to spend a mint on "infotainment" , then forget the cheaper used JK .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Dealers are likely leveraging the higher MSRP of the JL's to validate a higher costs on used JK's this year compared to last despite the fact that nothing has changed on the used offerings
It's the same as what happened to prices of the used FJ Cruiser ; they go up because there is a demand for reliable quality . They don't go up because there is an expensive Trackhawk or Hellcat . Simple .

Last edited:

Cjdippo

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Hey everyone! Iā€™m a newbie here. Always, always wanted a Wrangler and now have the opportunity to. We like off-road but nothing too extreme. This will be more of a daily driver than anything else. I wanted luxuries of what Iā€™m used to but wanted a Wrangler if that makes sense. Leasing has always typically worked out for us due to high residual vehicles and we donā€™t put many miles on cars. This is the deal we are currently looking at on a Unlimited Sahara with lots of add ins. MF less than Rubicon but then again, residual is lower. Payments are where we are comfortable but wanted your input. Thanks in advance !

E4A221B9-A614-485C-A99A-ED4D4D8EF315.jpeg

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Hey everyone! Iā€™m a newbie here. Always, always wanted a Wrangler and now have the opportunity to. We like off-road but nothing too extreme. This will be more of a daily driver than anything else. I wanted luxuries of what Iā€™m used to but wanted a Wrangler if that makes sense. Leasing has always typically worked out for us due to high residual vehicles and we donā€™t put many miles on cars. This is the deal we are currently looking at on a Unlimited Sahara with lots of add ins. MF less than Rubicon but then again, residual is lower. Payments are where we are comfortable but wanted your input. Thanks in advance !

E4A221B9-A614-485C-A99A-ED4D4D8EF315.jpeg
You are correct to choose 15K miles . Monthly payment seems high . How about a 2-door ?

ember_season

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
No go. We want a 4 door.
Why not wait for a 2019? Your residual will be higher so your payment will be lower. The price they are giving you is pretty solid, it's just under 10% below invoice; it's your residual that is making the payment higher(even with the low MF) . But in the end, knowing its a year old vehicle, I think it's a good deal if you don't want to wait. Good luck

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
No go. We want a 4 door.
If a 4-door is what you want, thatā€™s definitely the right choice. Even though the price tag is a bit lower for the 2-door, my dealer explained to me that when youā€™re leasing the 2-door is actually around the same monthly payment or even slightly higher than the 4-door. Thatā€™s because the residual is higher on a the 4-door (more demand for JLUs).
That didnā€™t stop me from getting a 2-door ;) but leasing makes slightly more economic sense for a 4-door apparently.

MAPC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly JK-U, JL-U awaiting production
Actually, it is a little less than 10% off of MSRP, not INVOICE
Sponsored