Sponsored

Which Hood Lock?

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Bolt lock here. It was cheaper than Mopar.

Jeep Wrangler JL Which Hood Lock? IMG_3720
Sponsored

OP
OP
sf5211

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I wound up going with Bolt. It’s less money for the same product but the main reason is it was a piece of cake to set my Jeep key. Hats off to them for that technology..
If you watch the Quadratech video on how to key the lock yourself it looks doable but annoying. Or you have to have your dealership or a locksmith do it. Why would I do that when I can cycle my key, pop the grill, mount the lock and be on my way.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I have a mopar lock in a box in my garage because I installed my winch first which pretty much locks in the grill panel and I'm having a hard time getting the motivation to mess with it.
There's a YouTube video with the same issue, winch blocking grill removal, but the top can be pulled out enough to install it.
NOTE : That was on a JT, larger mesh openings in grill, but you can trim your plastic for key/ cap access, then install the Bolt mesh section when you have the grill out , at your leisure

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I wound up going with Bolt. It’s less money for the same product but the main reason is it was a piece of cake to set my Jeep key. Hats off to them for that technology..
If you watch the Quadratech video on how to key the lock yourself it looks doable but annoying. Or you have to have your dealership or a locksmith do it. Why would I do that when I can cycle my key, pop the grill, mount the lock and be on my way.
I bought the Bolt hood lock for the same reason, thanks to information on this thread. I watched the Quadratec video on keying the Gas Cap lock, a must watch if you're considering Mopar. I can only hope Bolt does a locking gas cap, otherwise its an extra key in the Cup holder...

Trojan_Actual

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Occupation
Retired Military
BOLT hands down.
Sponsored