Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Ordered. I have been thinking of this and and stumbled upon this thread this morning.

Big Thanks to all of you on this forum. You all make Jeep life easier.
Sponsored

Wapiti

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I just installed the following components today that I ordered from BAM:
6KM36TZZAARadiator Grille Trim Ring Kit $85.64
6QN22RXFABTexture Grille $12.10
6QN21RXFABTexture Grille $6.02
6QN23RXFABTexture Grille $6.02
It ended up being a lot more of a pain in the ass than I expected as it seems like the trim ring bits don't want to play nice with the JL grille. The insert pieces would have been fine with the JL trim, but the whole point for me was to loose the gray trim in favor of the black. It took some persuading with a rubber mallet, and even then it's still not perfect. I also installed the Mopar winch guard and LEDs. At the end of the day, I'm happy with the look, and the better cooling is a plus
_4258863.jpg

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Could you explain more, preferably with pictures, as to why the trim rings donā€™t work well with the JL grill?

Wapiti

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Could you explain more, preferably with pictures, as to why the trim rings donā€™t work well with the JL grill?
It's all buttoned up, and I didn't take photos. Basically, it seems as if the JT surrounds had a bit more thickness in certain places so I really had to force it together, to the point that I was afraid I was going to break something. Also, the outward upper tab in each headlight opening of my stock grille seemed to be off just enough that the trim never did seat- it was the same with the factory trim ring, and each left a tiny gap that's hard to show in pictures, especially with the satin black. Could be the problem was with my grille, but I tried putting the JL trim back on and it assembled a little easier.

BTW, you can buy black grille inserts for the JL from Mopar, if it seems like those will work. I can't find the part number but I have them on my jeep.
Yep, but oddly the JT trim was like 10 bucks less expensive. I'm pretty cheap, and supposedly the openings are ever so slightly bigger so they work better with the JT inserts. Seemed like a good idea at the time...

Sponsored

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I installed the JT grill inserts this morning. It took me about 40 minutes. The Winch was only a minor obstacle putting the assembly back on. The parts from BAM fit with no modification. I didnā€™t reuse the 4 metal reinforcements for the clips at the bottom and the top clips on the center section were not used either. Th screws and other clips are more than sufficient to keep the center piece in place.

Removal is 6 plastic push locks across the top, 6 metal insertion clips across the bottom and 1 metal insertion clip under each headlight.
Jeep Wrangler JL Where to get Gladiator Grill Inserts? A8DE6C36-B10E-4362-A593-CC074EF0BB82

aquaxp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara '20
Anyone with 2.0T engine installed these grill inserts?
Does bigger openings became an issue for multiple additional radiators?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
The gladiator grill inserts are way easier to clean. They are worth changing over that reason alone.

MILT

First Name
Milt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Honda technician
Anyone with 2.0T engine installed these grill inserts?
Does bigger openings became an issue for multiple additional radiators?
I have. I have not seen any positive or negative effects, other than I like the new appearance

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
Why donā€™t you guys just leave the inserts off? My brotherā€™s ā€˜17 Recon doesnā€™t have inserts. That way you get all the air you want with no restrictions.

F3758688-ABC5-4F4C-B9FD-52C8A764D321.jpeg

Sponsored

aquaxp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara '20
I have. I have not seen any positive or negative effects, other than I like the new appearance
Could you post some photos?

I mostly interested in Gladiator grills because it will make the front camera integration process way more easier. Better airflow will be just a good bonus.

MILT

First Name
Milt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Honda technician
Could you post some photos?

I mostly interested in Gladiator grills because it will make the front camera integration process way more easier. Better airflow will be just a good bonus.
4A7CF991-37E4-45AC-9187-CAE73A1CEEB3.jpeg

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Why donā€™t you guys just leave the inserts off? My brotherā€™s ā€˜17 Recon doesnā€™t have inserts. That way you get all the air you want with no restrictions.

Jeep Wrangler JL Where to get Gladiator Grill Inserts? 4A7CF991-37E4-45AC-9187-CAE73A1CEEB3
I was thinking this, too. The JT inserts are only going to stop giant bugs - the openings are quite large. Not much different than nothing at all