Anyone installed grill inserts?

Artiead

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2018 4-Door JL
Has anyone installed grill inserts? I have a 2019 rubicon all modified and was thinking about red inserts to accent the red on my billet silver Jeep (candy apple red powder coated lift, shackles, inner fenders) etc.... not sure which brands are beat or is it best to have current inserts removed and powder coated to match current accents. Thanks, Art.
Sponsored

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
I just put in a set on our jeep past weekend - got it from under the sun inserts.

The video on their website walked through it - was slightly off on the way the grill is put together on the 2020's but close enough that I got it. Basic hand tools and 10 min and the grill was done.

I put a turtle on ours since my wife likes seaturtles.

I guess in the interest of color matching it would be interesting to see if a replacement insert or having your existing ones painted makes more sense. For an exact shade I would think having the existing grill inserts painted would be the way to go.

They do remove pretty easily, so even painting them with a rattle can should not be hard.

IMG_1268.jpeg

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
i bought some from XT and they were junk.
instructions were terrible and not applicable to a rubicon. the first set they sent were used and returned. The replacements all required a second row of 3m tape.
the matching headlight bezels were out of stock and i didn’t like the factory grey so those simply got a shot of plasti-dip

the best advise i can give is if you buy these be sure to clean the grille with rubbing alcohol before you stick them on. i learned just cleaning didn’t do enough.

9C3EA1FD-0D8C-4482-8227-50D32F9BB8A1.png

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
I'm wishing I had gotten the two sided insert so I can change it out - may end up ordering some more for seasonal type fun.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I just put in a set on our jeep past weekend - got it from under the sun inserts.

The video on their website walked through it - was slightly off on the way the grill is put together on the 2020's but close enough that I got it. Basic hand tools and 10 min and the grill was done.

I put a turtle on ours since my wife likes seaturtles.

I guess in the interest of color matching it would be interesting to see if a replacement insert or having your existing ones painted makes more sense. For an exact shade I would think having the existing grill inserts painted would be the way to go.

They do remove pretty easily, so even painting them with a rattle can should not be hard.

IMG_1268.jpeg
Were did you get this at. Do you have a link? I would love to buy this for a friend.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I've got one too. My wife ordered it for my birthday last year. The fit wasn't perfect at first, but a few very minor modifications to it and it fits like a glove.

19 06-8 (1) resize.jpg

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

What other sites sell these? I see some of you have some that arent sold on underthesun website

10mmauto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2008 Mustang Bullitt
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase