Sponsored

When’s the Refresh coming?

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Every morning after coffee... oops wrong thread.
Sponsored

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
As long as they dont stick the UConnects where it looks like a afterthought sticking above the dash, hate all cars where the designers are lazy and dont fit it into the center stack and it is above the level of the dash, also no damn dials and clunky interface, current one is intuitive and easy to use, not like some of the others.
Do you mean something like that in the 2020 Ford Explorer...?

It has to be the most awkward screen I’ve seen to date. It’s like Ford was trying to be “cool”...but something got lost in the execution.

Jeep Wrangler JL When’s the Refresh coming? orer-ST-Interior-Portland-Oregon-Drive-002-cockpit

Jeep Wrangler JL When’s the Refresh coming? 1596159182201

Jeep75th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 75th Anniversary

It has to be the most awkward screen I’ve seen to date. It’s like Ford was trying to be “cool”...but something got lost in the execution.

Yea..that’s silly

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack

Yeah, this shit is what happens when you give a creative job to an uncreative person.

Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
exactly, then they force you to reach for a stupid dial on the console to change the interface on the screen, ya think half the idiots will either
A) watch where they are driving
B) Look down, play with Knob, play with screen and smash into the person in front of them??

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
all the big screens are trying to follow Tesla. Personally, I think it looks odd in a Tesla too.

From what I’ve read about the Bronco, it looks like they took every complaint about the wrangler and tried to build a vehicle solving every issue. Reminds me of the first Android phone after the iPhone debut. My uneducated guess is that vehicle will have a lot of problems. There are reasons Jeep doesn’t do everything customers ask for. Android was awful in year 1.

it takes years to go from an idea to production in vehicles so if they get design ideas from the Bronco, I doubt it will show up until 2025 at the earliest. My hope is a hard top a person can remove on his own.

E91EF18C-1F23-419F-B227-1D42D20CA9B3.jpeg

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Tesla is the crap you get from an arrogant SOB who is more tech vs someone who is automotive centric and actually designs interiors, looks like they glued an Ipad to the dash!

rocklobster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray,Rubicon,Manual,1974 Jensen Interceptor.previously 2007 Steel blue JKU,2010 Stone white JKU,2013 JKU Rock Lobster,Sahara,
I would think the refresh would come for the 2022 model year, to counter the Bronco, past cycles do not mean they will be repeated and I think refreshes will come more often especially as the JL faces some solid competition for the first time in 20 years, I would hope they would keep a "Sport" JL with manual windows and small screen but also upgrade the big money machines with a larger integrated screen option with U connect 5, heated windshield with FULL WIDTH defrost vents!!....improved steering, wireless charging and apple carplay/Android auto, more options becoming standard as well as an expansion of what the factory can add from the MOPAR catalog, which is a largely untapped source of revenue.(they could offer "factory" pricing which would entice people to "add" more to the build)

My lease is up on my 2018 in June 2021, I was going to get another manual Rubicon and the only real changes would be color (white unless they come out with a cool non metallic colour,such as Cosmos blue or Rock Lobster, not likely) and add the power roof. I realized I just don't take the freedom panels off much at all now that it appears to be impossible to find a waterproof bikini that covers out over the doors (such as I had my 2010 and 2013) , I could run all summer with that plus a windjammer and trunk cover... HOWEVER now there is a chance of a V8 I will hold off until we see if it gets confirmed or fades away... would be the only way I could accept driving an automatic!... :)

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I would think the refresh would come for the 2022 model year, to counter the Bronco, past cycles do not mean they will be repeated and I think refreshes will come more often especially as the JL faces some solid competition for the first time in 20 years, I would hope they would keep a "Sport" JL with manual windows and small screen but also upgrade the big money machines with a larger integrated screen option with U connect 5, heated windshield with FULL WIDTH defrost vents!!....improved steering, wireless charging and apple carplay/Android auto, more options becoming standard as well as an expansion of what the factory can add from the MOPAR catalog, which is a largely untapped source of revenue.(they could offer "factory" pricing which would entice people to "add" more to the build)

My lease is up on my 2018 in June 2021, I was going to get another manual Rubicon and the only real changes would be color (white unless they come out with a cool non metallic colour,such as Cosmos blue or Rock Lobster, not likely) and add the power roof. I realized I just don't take the freedom panels off much at all now that it appears to be impossible to find a waterproof bikini that covers out over the doors (such as I had my 2010 and 2013) , I could run all summer with that plus a windjammer and trunk cover... HOWEVER now there is a chance of a V8 I will hold off until we see if it gets confirmed or fades away... would be the only way I could accept driving an automatic!... :)
actually 2022 is the 5th model year so that would be typical for the interior refresh. I agree with all your thoughts though even a V8 couldn’t get me to switch to an automatic.

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Tesla is the crap you get from an arrogant SOB who is more tech vs someone who is automotive centric and actually designs interiors, looks like they glued an Ipad to the dash!
I am guessing you’ve never driven or owned a Tesla Model 3... I own both a JL and Model 3. The set up on the Tesla is beyond awesome with easy user interfaces, comfortable interior, and a drivetrain that is smooth and fast.. Yep - it’s odd looking but it works well and I’ve never heard of a Tesla owner dumping the car because of the center screen. Elon is arrogant, but his intelligence and innovations are changing everything. I like my JL and it’s interior is much improved over the JK. U Connect is also vastly improved over the 430 that was in my JK. That said the navigation system is garbage compared to my Tesla and accessing the apps is slow. The underpinnings and drivetrain in the Jeep is old school and I’m ok with that for now. That said Rivian appears to be coming to market with potential competition that could beat the wrangler in everything except hard core rock crawling. Tesla may end up doing the same if they ever make a smaller version of the cyber truck.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes a co-worker has one, the fit and finish is terrible and support is non-existent.
A minor fender bender in a parking lot, someone backed into his door turned into a 3 month ordeal trying to get parts, he said not worth it and never again.

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Assuming I don’t change vehicles for the engine, should I just add a turbo onto my 3.6 vs. changing? Vehicles are like other electronics, constantly chasing the newest thing :facepalm: (I’m trying to stop). Tried the supercharger route on my JKU and while it was great, I couldn’t get the tune right and then had cylinder misfire codes... not sure if I want to enjoy that headache.
Enjoy what you have. I got my JK in 2011 which had the interior refresh but engine was refreshed in 2012. At first I was contemplating the switch but 10 years and 165,000 miles later I’m happy I stuck with my original purchase.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
yes a co-worker has one, the fit and finish is terrible and support is non-existent.
A minor fender bender in a parking lot, someone backed into his door turned into a 3 month ordeal trying to get parts, he said not worth it and never again.
Not been my experience - but I’ve read horror stories on the Tesla forums - just like we read on the Wrangler forums. My Tesla has been great, my JK was nearly perfect, and my JL is off to a great start. Crossing my fingers it continues that way.
Sponsored