Sponsored

What would it take to get you to trade your Wrangler for a Bronco??

pfletcher229648

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR w/SOT, 2024 JLUR X w/SOT(On Order)
Occupation
CIO
I think if I left the Jeep Wrangler I’d lean towards the new Toyota Land Cruiser or maybe a mid engine Corvette. If I left the Wrangler it wouldn’t be for a Bronco. I park next to one at work almost every day. Although the lady who drives it hasn’t said anything, I know deep down she secretly lusts after my Rubicon. 😂
Sponsored

Norvak

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Occupation
IT Project Management
If I found a well equipped bronco, it was heavily discounted over msrp, and they gave me way more in a trade then my Jeep was worth, then… Nevermind, I’d just buy another Wrangler. :)

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
As a Ford retiree I get employee pricing on Fords & Lincolns. My '13 F150 was getting a bit long in the tooth so I started looking at replacing it with a Bronco. The idiotic dealer markups on the Broncos are by now laughable, but the dealers of many brands had gotten into this to increase their grosses. As the public walked away most brands saw this die out, but not Ford dealers and their Broncos.

Anyway, all the local dealers around here either laughed or cringed when I said I was shopping for a Bronco at Ford Motor retiree Z Plan pricing. The closest dealer simply refused to even consider it and wanted $5 - $10 over sticker. The best offer I could get was a dealer about 50 miles from here, who said they'd order it, but if it came in and a buyer wanted to pay sticker +$ for it they'd sell it to them instead, but would give me a chance to match the price. Yeah, sure.

I ended up getting a loaded Gladiator Willys, which I much prefer anyway, and got about 20% off MSRP to boot with a very fair trade-in on the old truck. I've been loyal to Ford but they can pound sand as far as Bronco is concerned.

Riverjeep

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Rubicon, F-150
Just a Hypothetical question. As we all know, the JL is plagued with gremlins, as is the Bronco. But, it's hard to deny the Bronco has some appeal. I like the look of the Bronco, and the Wrangler. Here is what it would take to get me to switch to a Bronco.
1. Put the Coyote 5.0 into it.
2. Solid axles, front and back.
3. A reliable beefy ZF tranny or a nice reliable Stick Shift.
4. Combine it all with a basic minimal electronics off road package.

Leave all the fancy electrical things, touch screens, zone climate controls, heated seats, etc etc, to the mall crawling Soccer Moms. Keep it basic, keep it more affordable. Same goes for the Wrangler.
I already owned a Bronco Wildtrak a few months and sold it and got my new Rubicon and could not be happier.

The reason I did is it just wasn't as good as my F-150 and not as rough and tough as a Wrangler so, I sold it and got a new Rubicon.

When I want rough and tough I take the Jeep, when I want smooth and comfortable I take the F-150, I literally have the best of both worlds!

Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Just a Hypothetical question. As we all know, the JL is plagued with gremlins, as is the Bronco. But, it's hard to deny the Bronco has some appeal. I like the look of the Bronco, and the Wrangler. Here is what it would take to get me to switch to a Bronco.

Leave all the fancy electrical things, touch screens, zone climate controls, heated seats, etc etc, to the mall crawling Soccer Moms. Keep it basic, keep it more affordable. Same goes for the Wrangler.
What would it take? For me?

A frontal lobotomy.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
"What would it take to get you to trade your Wrangler for a Bronco??"

About one more "that part is not available" realization when I need that part.

swampflyer

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlr-2015 jette tdi-2013 mb
Occupation
retired

Yes

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Given that option, I'd be a faithful Bronco owner.

Sponsored

Bill_BCNtoNY

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Independent strategy advisor

I might be swayed to consider a Bronco for the stick in 3 and everything in 4 - maybe

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly don't see the appeal in the Bronco. To those who've used the word boring, I'd agree. It's a re-badged Binder (Scout); unoriginal and riding the coat tails of a once slightly more noteworthy ancestor. Jeep on the other hand is iconic: consistent across decades of development, unique in function and appearance. It's proof of when you're king of the hill there will always be challengers, which is great for the king of the hill, keeping him sharp and strong. And for the record, I see the Braptor as one of the most ridiculous looking vehicles on the road today. It's almost as if they intentionally made it silly looking to see who bit. The Emperor's New Clothes comes to mind. But, to each their own.

tomk62

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Sahara Anvil, 2019 Cherokee
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I’d pay less than the equivalent Jeep, and for whatever reason Broncos lease out a lot more expensive, not less. Not a fan of the width or the crap interior quality of the Bronco.
Sponsored