Sponsored

What Tailgate Table do you run?

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
One of the appeals to the Springtail is that it maintains the air-flow of the cabin by not blocking the back one-way air vents.
Honestly That really does nothing. I have the Outback Adventures table and I noticed no difference in anything airflow wise with or without those vents.
Yes and no...we did a lot of testing during the genesis of our table and had a lot of concerns about blocking the air vents. We found that the gap provided by the spacers was adequate to provide the needed air flow. With the hard top on....the is a notable difference when shutting the doors. Soft top....not so much. However....what most people do not realize is that this is also an aid during the use of AC/Heat, the vents also aid in moving air through the vehicle.

I would guess that the pop-outs for your hinge and upright locking mechanism provide enough airflow.

Doc
Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Has anyone tried this yet? For the price it's worth a shot and still leaves some money in the bank if it needs something to fix it up.
Interesting - it's definitely priced where they all should be. The one review I saw for the JL model (read each review header carefully to make sure it's not JK or another product) wasn't encouraging about broken cables, but I agree for the price you may be able to address that. Maybe see if you can crimp the fittings further before ever installing, sounds like his just pulled out.

Let us know!

Bril

First Name
Bill TxRedRubi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392, 2024 JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I recently installed the Front Runner tailgate table. Well built and closes up super tight so no rattles.
20190826_100223-1024x768.jpg

ackurv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I recently installed the Front Runner tailgate table. Well built and closes up super tight so no rattles.
20190826_100223-1024x768.jpg

Did it come with the red table, or did you paint it? I can only see the natural colored one on their website.

Sponsored

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Dang, I'm sold. I've been debating several options and I think we have a winner

EagleJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sarge Green Willys
Occupation
UPS
@Bril I have one on order. Supposed to be here Monday. I was told the later ones come with JL specific hardware. Is this true?

damyers8

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RXKKLJ...jdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=#customerReviews

Curious about this one. Weight limit says 80lbs but I don't trust it. Thinking it would be good for a stove though.
I recently installed this table on my JL and has been great. Install was super easy and closes up tight for no rattles. I have not put near 80lbs on it, but have pushed on it pretty good and seems very solid. For the price I figured i'd give it a shot. So far, it has been well worth it.

Sponsored

Bril

First Name
Bill TxRedRubi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392, 2024 JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
@Bril I have one on order. Supposed to be here Monday. I was told the later ones come with JL specific hardware. Is this true?
Yes it has hardware included for JK or JL installs. Easy install with the right tools.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I recently installed this table on my JL and has been great. Install was super easy and closes up tight for no rattles. I have not put near 80lbs on it, but have pushed on it pretty good and seems very solid. For the price I figured i'd give it a shot. So far, it has been well worth it.
Man these copies are so blatantly reverse engineered Mopar tables....the Chinese are masters at copying anything.

I'm not necessarily bashing it and I don't feel bad for Mopar - about $80 is where their table should sit, too. As long as you produce Rolexes you can bet there will be knock-offs - some good and some bad

As an aside, anyone who has the slightest interest in Chinese products should read Poorly Made in China, it explains a lot about their business and manufacturing culture. It's nothing like the U.S.

CapitanBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2018
I've made my own from a metal shoe rack and black painted furniture hinge. Painted all parts black and screwed to tailgate's plastic with S/S screws. Added DIY magnetic latch and nylon coated steel cables from old laptop lock. Looks great, works great, cost like $20USD max.

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
I chose the Outback Adventures tailgate table. I just installed it over this past weekend. The unit is very well made, reflecting quality materials and great workmanship. Although it costs a substantial amount over other designs it is worth it.

CC3BB6D8-6B30-4037-ADF9-DEB5BA941AAF.jpeg

057B795B-901C-4982-A931-12340BC2A59B.jpeg

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I chose the Outback Adventures tailgate table. I just installed it over this past weekend. The unit is very well made, reflecting quality materials and great workmanship. Although it costs a substantial amount over other designs it is worth it.

CC3BB6D8-6B30-4037-ADF9-DEB5BA941AAF.jpeg

057B795B-901C-4982-A931-12340BC2A59B.jpeg
So, it’s been a few months........ any rattles or other issues?/
Sponsored