Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
The wood table fits loosely when stowed moving up and down making noise when the ride gets a little bumpy. I have the Outback Adventures Trailgator. I don't know if this was an isolated case and to be fair I got busy and did not give Outback the opportunity to rectify it. It was easy to install, well built and looks great. Just too bad it rattles as I spent the extra $$ on this table to avoid that very issue. Here is a photo of the table and a closeup of the gap.
IMG_0163.jpeg
?hash=cadd243d2e34a2f8164edb391ea73ded.jpg

IMG_0164.jpeg
This table looks extremely well built, I especially love the bamboo table so it’s a shame it rattles and you have to use a cheapie clamp on a table this pricy to keep things quite but I’m thinking this would be an easy fix with foam tape as @Overland_Texas suggested

I also still really like the RSE table but am concerned it only mounts with 3 screws at the top, I know one would not put lots of heavy stuff on it but still the 3 mounting screws are a concern
Sponsored

Flyper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU Rubicon
This table looks extremely well built, I especially love the bamboo table so it’s a shame it rattles and you have to use a cheapie clamp on a table this pricy to keep things quite but I’m thinking this would be an easy fix with foam tape as @Overland_Texas suggested

I also still really like the RSE table but am concerned it only mounts with 3 screws at the top, I know one would not put lots of heavy stuff on it but still the 3 mounting screws are a concern
I tried foam tape, 3 different sizes of weather stripping, even rubber cabinet bumper stops. The problem is none of them stay in place when the table is pulled out or pushed in. I would love any other suggestions better than than the clamp as I really do like this table.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I tried foam tape, 3 different sizes of weather stripping, even rubber cabinet bumper stops. The problem is none of them stay in place when the table is pulled out or pushed in. I would love any other suggestions better than than the clamp as I really do like this table.
Have you contacted the maker to see what they advise ? I personally cannot do rattles going down the road, not that a Wrangler is a quiet luxury vehicle but rattles and vibrations would drive me crazy.

I would have thought some type of adhesive backed foam or rubber stripping would stay in place .

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I just received the Outback Adventures JL Tailgator.
  • Top quality
  • Excellent fit and finish
  • Love the Bamboo slide-out cutting board
$360 = expensive but it's top of the line equipment

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
i wish the Trailgater was powder coated, not that powder coating affects the function but it gives it more of a finished look
The Tailgater I just got has a hammered powder coat finish in grey. Very nice.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I just received the Outback Adventures JL Tailgator.
  • Top quality
  • Excellent fit and finish
  • Love the Bamboo slide-out cutting board
$360 = expensive but it's top of the line equipment
The Tailgater I just got has a hammered powder coat finish in grey. Very nice.
Does the cutting board rattle when going down the road ? Is powder coating available in colors ?

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I'm waiting for this to come out with a sliding table. Hope someone can make it.
Jeep Wrangler JL What Tailgate Table do you run? SmartSelect_20210109-235528_Amazon Shoppin

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
I'm waiting for this to come out with a sliding table. Hope someone can make it.
Jeep Wrangler JL What Tailgate Table do you run? SmartSelect_20210109-235528_Amazon Shoppin
Which table is that? And does the top shelf fold independently from the bottom shelf?

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Well decided to go with this one https://outbackadventureproducts.com/product/jl-trailgater-for-2018-wrangler-jl/ in a hammered finish, after chatting with Doug in a few emails and asking lots of questions, especially about possible rattling of the table he has apparently added some grommets to the clamps to keep the slide out table from rattling.

I originally was looking at Mopar and similar and never liked the cup cutouts and looked at a lot of them then looked at one like Rock Slide but in the end I just liked how solid the Trailgater looked and it looks rock solid and hopefully will last me a long time

Should have in a week or so depending on postal delays and will post up some pics, I know this particular table is priced really high but lots of times you get what you pay for so hoping this is true here.

Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I'm very interested in the tailgate table from front runner! I like the birch slide out cutting board. They dont make one for the JL yet.

What table do you run besides mopar?

Has anyone fit a JK table on a JL?

I installed the Mopar tailgate table. I am pleased with it. Also, it does not need termite protection. :LOL:

Last edited:

Flyper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU Rubicon
Just a follow up. Thanks WranglerMan! I called Doug and without hesitation he mailed me the grommets free of charge. They started adding them just after I bought it and he apologized profusely. Good guy. That totally fixed the table movement/rattle issue. I can now say the this table is perfect and I highly recommend it. It is very well made....solid and installation was a piece of cake.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Just a follow up. Thanks WranglerMan! I called Doug and without hesitation he mailed me the grommets free of charge. They started adding them just after I bought it and he apologized profusely. Good guy. That totally fixed the table movement/rattle issue. I can now say the this table is perfect and I highly recommend it. It is very well made....solid and installation was a piece of cake.
My table from Doug at Outback Adventures should be here to me by tomorrow, I will likely wait for my son to get here for a visit so we can do the simple install together and have a beer or two after the install.

Still looking at grills to use when at the beach or out at the park camp grounds but leaning towards a Blackstone griddle 17” just want to wait to check the measurements.

Glad Doug took care of you, table looks solid and should last forever I’m hoping.

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
Any pics of the grommets on the Outback table?

I don't have any rattle with mine...but I'm always willing to have less. :like:

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Any pics of the grommets on the Outback table?

I don't have any rattle with mine...but I'm always willing to have less. :like:
I don’t have my table yet but here’s a pic

Jeep Wrangler JL What Tailgate Table do you run? 9A0F4587-7675-4B0A-A5BF-55709DEB784F

Give Doug a call and he will take care of it, he added them later
Sponsored