First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Occupation
Capt of the Wiggle Wagons.
I'm in the same boat as you, i wanted a out the door price before ordering mine from the factory and over and over they said they could not give me a price.
i then refused and was getting ready to leave tell my salesman pushed the boss and came back with the sheet for the fca price discount i get through my work.
so he showed me what i will pay but could not get a exact price on taxes tell the vin was assigned.
now on the invoice for my order it does state on the bottom the prices can change at anytime and you could lose your deposit.
because of incentives coming and going however i am aware there were no incentives and usually are not any for jeep wrangler Rubicons.
however if i get the final bill and its got "hidden" charges and brings the price up over what im willing to pay, that will be a no go and i will walk and dispute my credit card charge deposit.

MyBandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, 2014 Chevy SS, 2015 Chevy SS
A and he refuses to talk price with me. He says he has to wait until the car comes in to know what Jeep will allow. This was my first time dealing with someone outside of CarMax so I wasn’t used to the process. There are docs on here that have helped a lot since then. Wish I would have read them first.
Seeing as how you're in Jacksonville.. If it's FL, the Jeep dealers here all suck. One didnt even listen to what I wanted. They kept trying to just sell ones they had available at the time. They all told me they couldn't custom order me one but they didnt have any on the lot. Once I showed them a deal from Atlanta (12% off MSRP), they told me that's impossible. Needless to say, I'm flying to ATL in 3 weeks to pick it up.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I had a price negotiated and signed before mouse click #1 on the ordering page. As time continues to go by, the prices continue to creep up. This is sketch. Go with your gut, hopefully it's leading you to another dealer.

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
My local guys says this,”Brother I can't give no price until the vehicle gets here. That's what I mentioned to you over the phone when we placed the order. I apologize about it. I don't know how other people can give a price when the vehicle is not at the dealership yet “ but the Gupton dealer can give me pricing? How is this? What am I missing? I have a down payment and he is saying he won’t refund but the savings for going to Gupton out weights that the only issue is waiting?
You live in Florida?

Sponsored

Bard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I ordered my jeep no deposit down just took my cc number. The price was set and agreed. My trade in was not set in stone same for interest rates. Vehicle price pretty much set unless there was some new incentive. If I did not want the jeep when it showed up no big deal. This dealer even has 7 day return policy if you buy a vehicle and drive it and dont like it can return it no questions/worry free/no hassle deal within a week.

I would find a different dealer if I were you

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Run, don't walk away from this dealer. If you can get your deposit back (work with your bank/credit card company) great. But DO NOT buy your vehicle from this dealership.

They absolutely, 100% *can* give you a price before the vehicle arrives. They'll build it in their system, and the system will tell them the invoice price (FWP) and sticker price (MSRP). Between order and delivery, only two things can happen to "change" the price:

1. Price goes up - if Jeep raises the pricing (they did 2-3 times on the 4xe), that gets passed along to you. It would only be ~$1-2K, which on a $40-50K vehicle, isn't much, tbh. You would be able to verify that this price changed pretty easily (to confirm the dealership isn't just trying to pad their bill)
2. Price goes down - whatever incentives/offers are available when you take delivery, you get. You shouldn't factor ANY of those into your sales price when you order, though. Consider them a nice bonus if they happen to happen.

So yes, the dealership CAN give you a price, and you two should agree on it. Realistically, it's possible to get ~3-7% off invoice. If they can't do at least 3% off invoice (with Tread Lightly and dealer finance) then just walk. There are still a handful of dealerships across the country who will do 3-7% off invoice. Each % is approximately $500, so just do the math.

For instance, I spent ~$1K traveling to Nashville to pick up my Jeep, but buying from Gupton saved me ~$7K vs any of my local dealers. So I still came out $6K ahead.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
When I ordered mine, we agreed an an estimate based on the MSRP at the time of ordering. He did explain that the price was subject to change based on potential incentives that could potentially lower the price. He also pointed out that, on rare occasions, pricing from the factory changes before the build is completed. But it was very clear that I had the option of not purchasing it when it came in for any reason.

While not ideal, it was still better than the other three dealerships I spoke with, so I went with it. When it came in, the price was spot on to what the estimate was, and he still told me to drive it around and inspect it to make sure it was to my liking before I signed anything.

My wife ordered a Kia the day before I ordered my Jeep, and while she did all of the talking on that, I am pretty sure she had a similar situation. And when we went to pick it up, her salesman pretty much insisted we drive it to make sure we were happy before signing anything.

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
According to Florida Statute 501.976(10): "It is an unfair or deceptive act or practice, actionable under the Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act, for a dealer to: require or accept a deposit from a prospective customer prior to entering into a binding contract for the purchase and sale of a vehicle unless the customer is given a written receipt that states how long the dealer will hold the vehicle from other sale and the amount of the deposit, and clearly and conspicuously states whether and upon what conditions the deposit is refundable or nonrefundable."
Consumer protection attorney Jason Weaver put it this way: "The law says they can hold somebody's deposit for whatever reason they want; there is only one catch. They have to specifically disclose in writing through a written receipt the conditions that allow them to hold that deposit."

Sponsored

OP
OP
FritzBrothers

FritzBrothers

First Name
Fritz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Seeing as how you're in Jacksonville.. If it's FL, the Jeep dealers here all suck. One didnt even listen to what I wanted. They kept trying to just sell ones they had available at the time. They all told me they couldn't custom order me one but they didnt have any on the lot. Once I showed them a deal from Atlanta (12% off MSRP), they told me that's impossible. Needless to say, I'm flying to ATL in 3 weeks to pick it up.
I’m looking at TN myself. Enjoy the trip.