Weird uConnect/Radio issues/fix

Driftyd

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL rubicon
So they thought they got the new one working, but my aux and advanced safety features do not work now and it only blows hot air. Proves the old adage if it works don’t fix it.
My dealership gave me a 2020 rubicon that’s what I am driving until they get mine fixed right. The radio will be my fourth one and I just don’t get why I keep getting a refurbished radio when if they would have just used a new one in the first place this could of been solved
Sponsored

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
The interesting thing about the new one is that half the apps don't show up until the Jeep has been runing for about a minute. I have Off-Road Pages on my frequently used bar and it doesn't show until I have been running about a minute. This is just like what the old one did after the software upgrade that started all my problems back in January. It will be interesting if the random forgetting of the climate settings will return as well.

Driftyd

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL rubicon
Well my jeep has now been at the dealership for over four weeks and still no radio. I also got a call from the manager that said I’m going to have to bring the loaner back they’re going to put the old radio back in my jeep and I’m going to have to drive that because from what I was told I will not get a radio until November. I cannot fathom this I have never in my life had this issue when I was with General Motors that’s going to be six months without a radio. I will never buy another Chrysler product. I am paying my jeep off and selling it and I’m going to go back to General Motors. I have had four different star cases with this jeep nothing but problems from the get-go.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Well I found with the new radio, on start up, if the environmental setting is "Auto" about once every 10-15 starts, the vehicle will still show the light on the auto button, but the screen shows normal vent setting. If I turn it off and back on again, it returns to Auto. Discovered something else as well. When the vehicle does this, things like the "Over Speed Limit" Announcement do not work, but return after powering down and turning Auto back on. Weird.

Driftyd

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL rubicon
Well I found with the new radio, on start up, if the environmental setting is "Auto" about once every 10-15 starts, the vehicle will still show the light on the auto button, but the screen shows normal vent setting. If I turn it off and back on again, it returns to Auto. Discovered something else as well. When the vehicle does this, things like the "Over Speed Limit" Announcement do not work, but return after powering down and turning Auto back on. Weird.
I got my new radio in and had several issues but the worst was over the weekend when my back up camera stopped working for three days. I have to take it back to the dealership next week because we are still trying to figure out how all of this started by two of my right front dash speakers having the wires melt. I am hoping they can get to the bottom of the problem because it’s been going on for so long that now I am over 36,000 miles. I just don’t understand how they can screw up the electrical issue in a jeep.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

jeepnoob

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite 2018 JLUR
Mine is a week old and tonight the screen started to spaz out completely. It was like someone was pushing the buttons randomly and beeping like crazy I was at least 16" from it.

I tried hitting AM/FM to no avail. tried going into the climate but it kept changing to radio and bouncing around.

Going to the dealer tomorrow about the radio and 2 spots on the hood where dirt was painted over during the painting operation.

2019 JLU

Craig
I have this same issue and the stupid dealer says its a trim issue and I have to buy a new unit for $900 and it is not covered by extended warranty. It looks like the screen along the top is cracked in several places. My Jeep has only been on the beach twice and the rest of the time has been on pavement. Did you get any help from your dealer?

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cary & Carolina Beach NC; Boston; Port Jeff, NY
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLU Sahara, '18 JLU Sport
Clubs

@JeepCares

So new Jeep JL owner here and have experienced the following items in the past month with my 8.4 inch radio. I'm sure others have the same problems, and wondering if/when they will get fixed.

Issue 1. No sound from Radio.
Fix: Click FM, AM, then it starts working.

Issue 2. Green screen when backing up.
Fix: Resolved on its own after coming out of Reverse, which cycled the camera off/on.

Issue 3. Radio/Controls completely useless with Radio/uconnect stuck on one station and volume. Mute button did not work, neither did anything else. The Screen Off button worked though.
Fix: After about 15 minutes, radio/uconnect went back to normal.

Issue 4. Sound volume very low. Turning up to the max of 30 was similar to around 15 when working. Sub had no sound. Bluetooth call was very low. Button click sounds were quite loud though.
Fix: Powered car off, went and had dinner. Came back in about 1 hour and it was back to normal.

-Blake
I'm having all of the same problems, except it is worse - when the screen locks up, you lose all controls that are available only through the touch screen. Setup, comfort, etc. So if you are in auto comfort mode and want to change the temperature, so sorry out of luck. I'm making an appointment for this, but I'm sure they will say it is either caused by a USB cable, or needs a flash update to the system that will only make the problem worse. Those are the two main responses I received on my other two JLs.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I'm having all of the same problems, except it is worse - when the screen locks up, you lose all controls that are available only through the touch screen. Setup, comfort, etc. So if you are in auto comfort mode and want to change the temperature, so sorry out of luck. I'm making an appointment for this, but I'm sure they will say it is either caused by a USB cable, or needs a flash update to the system that will only make the problem worse. Those are the two main responses I received on my other two JLs.
Hey Mike--

We heard you were going to visit your dealer soon for a repair. If you'd like our additional support while working with them to get your Uconnect concerns addressed, we'd be more than happy to offer that! Just send us a private message whenever you get a moment. Otherwise, we hope your dealer is able to get everything resolved smoothly!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Radio or head unit controls locking up, freezing, radio ON/OFF and volume knobs unresponsive, loosing all controls through the touch screen, random reboots while driving, GPS issues, blue back up screen, not powering off even when the ignition is turned off, are all problems I had with the first 2 radios. I am on the 3rd radio now. Too soon to tell if the 3rd radio fixes my issues.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Radio or head unit controls locking up, freezing, radio ON/OFF and volume knobs unresponsive, loosing all controls through the touch screen, random reboots while driving, GPS issues, blue back up screen, not powering off even when the ignition is turned off, are all problems I had with the first 2 radios. I am on the 3rd radio now. Too soon to tell if the 3rd radio fixes my issues.
Hello,

We'd be more than happy to offer additional support alongside your dealership visit if you decide to get these concerns addressed. Follow up via private messages if you have any questions!

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Driftyd

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL rubicon
My new radio supposed to be in Monday and it will be the fifth radio they put in my Jeep.I think as long as FCA continues to refurbish these radios we are going to continue to have this problem. I actually got a radio that could not have XM turned on because the radio ID was still in another lady’s name so there’s no way it was ever refurbished it was just shipped right back out to somebody else.

Joe Paul

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
@JeepCares

So new Jeep JL owner here and have experienced the following items in the past month with my 8.4 inch radio. I'm sure others have the same problems, and wondering if/when they will get fixed.

Issue 1. No sound from Radio.
Fix: Click FM, AM, then it starts working.

Issue 2. Green screen when backing up.
Fix: Resolved on its own after coming out of Reverse, which cycled the camera off/on.

Issue 3. Radio/Controls completely useless with Radio/uconnect stuck on one station and volume. Mute button did not work, neither did anything else. The Screen Off button worked though.
Fix: After about 15 minutes, radio/uconnect went back to normal.

Issue 4. Sound volume very low. Turning up to the max of 30 was similar to around 15 when working. Sub had no sound. Bluetooth call was very low. Button click sounds were quite loud though.
Fix: Powered car off, went and had dinner. Came back in about 1 hour and it was back to normal.

-Blake
Well, my radio (8.4) after (3) years decided to act up like nothing before.
The radio changes channels and apps on it's own, continually.
I've found if I touch a channel then quickly hit the app page, it stays.
If I hit traffic or off roads it will eventually stay.
I disconnected the fuse, waited several minutes and started the motor. Everything was reset back, so I had to add everything back. The comfort controls and back up camera did not work until I turn the motor off then back on.
It worked, but once starting it a few hours later, the same problem.
Go figure...

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Well, my radio (8.4) after (3) years decided to act up like nothing before.
The radio changes channels and apps on it's own, continually.
I've found if I touch a channel then quickly hit the app page, it stays.
If I hit traffic or off roads it will eventually stay.
I disconnected the fuse, waited several minutes and started the motor. Everything was reset back, so I had to add everything back. The comfort controls and back up camera did not work until I turn the motor off then back on.
It worked, but once starting it a few hours later, the same problem.
Go figure...
Call 1 (800) 826-6632. Be polite, and tell them the issue you’re experiencing. They can and will authorize your dealer to order a replacement at no cost to you.

Joe Paul

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Call 1 (800) 826-6632. Be polite, and tell them the issue you’re experiencing. They can and will authorize your dealer to order a replacement at no cost to you.
Thanks👍
Sponsored