chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase
Shape of that tank definitely looks ideal to run underneath, do you have any photos of the tank installed on your Jeep?
I don't have any photos, no. But I will try to remember to take some and post them here!
Sponsored

Onward4x4

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have any photos, no. But I will try to remember to take some and post them here!
I'd love to see a photo as well--I am considering various options as well!

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, here are some pics. We just got back from a week in SE Oregon with our dog so the Jeep is a mess. In addition to the tank, we also got the fittings upgrade (brass instead of plastic). The 2x4 platform that raises the tank enough to clear the central tunnel is a hackjob, but I needed something quick. I plan to fabricate something a little cleaner soon. There are also non-slip pads underneath to keep the tank from sliding around too much.

IMG_4948.jpeg

IMG_4943.jpeg

IMG_4944.jpeg

IMG_4945.jpeg

IMG_4946.jpeg

IMG_4948.jpeg

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
It’s a bummer that doesn’t fit better. If it did, it’d likley be what I would purchase.

Woodynj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of pumps are you all using for the water if any? I am looking to take a 7 gallon tank and use it to wash the mud off my dog, spray down my mountain bike or clean up after hunting.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Here are couple options you may or may not have stumbled across:

https://www.lexingtoncontainercompany.com/Military-Water-Cans.html

https://www.waterbrick.org/

https://www.thermofisher.com/order/catalog/product/2212-0020#/2212-0020

All these have the advantage of being scalable depending on your trip. I can vouch for the Scepters, but not the bricks or carboys... I just thought the bricks were kind of cool and the name stuck in my noodle, and being around labs you see these carboys used everywhere and hold up to some abuse and nasty things they don't want spilling!

Also... surf some "prepper" web sites... those folks get clever too, and have all kinds of different ideas and sources for stuff.
I carry up to 4 of the 3.5G water bricks depending on trip. With the spigot they are convenient. I prefer these to one large container as I can size the amount of water to the length/needs of the trip, and if one ever started to leak would limit how big of a leak is possible. I also use their food-brick and ammo-brick models.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
What kind of pumps are you all using for the water if any? I am looking to take a 7 gallon tank and use it to wash the mud off my dog, spray down my mountain bike or clean up after hunting.
I built my own and spent ~$80 to buy a pump, an enclosure, friction fit grommets, SAE 12 V plug between enclosure and power cord, rubber standoffs, etc. but had I known about this from Amazon I might have just gone with it:

https://www.amazon.com/Bang4buck-Po...ectric+faucet+and+hose&qid=1603160408&sr=8-22

Woodynj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good find. I was looking at a similar pump and all the parts alone would be more than that. Plus it’s plug and play.
Is the pump pretty quite?
When I get a chance I’ll make a recording of the sound and honk my horn with the key fob for a comparison. I didn’t use that exact same brand of water pump in that Amazon product but my guess is that all of these pumps regardless of brand come from the same factory somewhere in Xi Jin Ping’s Middle Kingdom.

Woodynj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
When I get a chance I’ll make a recording of the sound and honk my horn with the key fob for a comparison. I didn’t use that exact same brand of water pump in that Amazon product but my guess is that all of these pumps regardless of brand come from the same factory somewhere in Xi Jin Ping’s Middle Kingdom.
No worries. Is the flow decent?

Sponsored

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No worries. Is the flow decent?
Yes. I use it to wash off sand and salt from waders and fishing rods at the end of a foray into the littoral zone. I’d say it’s good enough for a wilderness shower.

KokuaDog

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara / JKU Sahara
Ok, here are some pics. We just got back from a week in SE Oregon with our dog so the Jeep is a mess. In addition to the tank, we also got the fittings upgrade (brass instead of plastic). The 2x4 platform that raises the tank enough to clear the central tunnel is a hackjob, but I needed something quick. I plan to fabricate something a little cleaner soon. There are also non-slip pads underneath to keep the tank from sliding around too much.

Jeep Wrangler JL Water storage idea IMG_4948

This looks interesting, even though it was expensive. I have a question for you- the website for the product says there is 4" clearance for the transmission tunnel. Your platform is 4.5" high ( three 2x4s) Did you have to build it up because of a width issue? Or did you just want the top more even with the seat cushions?
If it could drop down enough to allow the seats to still be able to fold forward, I think this would be something I would be interested in. Any help with this would be appreciated!

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
I use the blue square tank, but made my own custom pass-thru lid with a hose and a water pump. I plug it in to the rear ac socket. Tank never leaves the truck, running water, but still a cheap blue tank.

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This looks interesting, even though it was expensive. I have a question for you- the website for the product says there is 4" clearance for the transmission tunnel. Your platform is 4.5" high ( three 2x4s) Did you have to build it up because of a width issue? Or did you just want the top more even with the seat cushions?
If it could drop down enough to allow the seats to still be able to fold forward, I think this would be something I would be interested in. Any help with this would be appreciated!
Sorry about the late reply - I've been off the forum for awhile. The platform I built was designed to make the top of the tank flush with the seats, per my dog's request. ;-)
Sponsored