Warn Evo VR 10s

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
I just installed this winch and need to pre-tension.
Sponsored

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
So we went out to explore some trails last night during the snow/ice storm and we all got stuck in what apparently was a swampy area. The winch did its thing and helped me get out, which I was then able to tow strap my other guys out. So yeah, the winch is good. The wireless option is amazing. That day I guess it was just the amount of water, mud, angle of the slope, and me not pretensioning the rope enough that played a role. I used the rope as it is above. Going to see if Warn replaces it for free.
Awesome. Glad you were able to get it to work out.
A tip... Just remember to re-wrap and tension your rope after each off road trip to keep the layers tightly and evenly wrapped. Tightly spaced layers prevent collapse (ie.. when the rope pulls its way down through the layers below it).
Just keep it neat and it’ll last a long time. Best of luck to you!!

OP
OP
jlroman2

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate the feedback everybody.

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Another possible reason for failure could be that you're using the "winch in" button as "winch out". The line should be being pulled onto the drum from the bottom, not over the top, at least per the manual. Mine also came pre-spooled from the factory as shown in the image below.

Jeep Wrangler JL Warn Evo VR 10s Capture.PNG

OP
OP
jlroman2

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Another possible reason for failure could be that you're using the "winch in" button as "winch out". The line should be being pulled onto the drum from the bottom, not over the top, at least per the manual. Mine also came pre-spooled from the factory as shown in the image below.

Jeep Wrangler JL Warn Evo VR 10s Capture.PNG
Very interesting. Luckily Warn sent out a new rope and hook. I will make sure to look at this for sure once I install it.
Sponsored