First Name
JL2021guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler rubicon 3.6
Occupation
Jeep fun
I have the Mopar Grill Guard and a Warn winch with no problems at all.

IMG_3860.jpg

IMG_3861.jpg

IMG_3859.jpg
How did you get the wire through the left side of the winch box?. Did you cut the plastic and use grommets ?

jeepdriver99

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR 2 Door, 21 JLU TD, 06 GC, 54 Willys SW
Occupation
Retired, W8BWD
How did you get the wire through the left side of the winch box?. Did you cut the plastic and use grommets ?
No cuts to the plastic or grommets. I chose to go over the frame up front and run the wires along the frame. I hope I can explain how I did it and you can follow with these pics.
The first pic shows the the wires going forward under the top of the bumper to the outside of the frame. The "red" wire is inside the black corrugated protector and the black is running beside the motor,
Jeep Wrangler JL Warn VR EVO 10S & Warn Plate Install Pics IMG_4320

The next 2 pics show both wires on the outside of the frame.

Jeep Wrangler JL Warn VR EVO 10S & Warn Plate Install Pics IMG_4319
Jeep Wrangler JL Warn VR EVO 10S & Warn Plate Install Pics IMG_4318

I brought the wires up between the battery and air box. I was concerned having a front end accident with the wires being "hot" so I installed a relay to keep the wire from being energized and a 300 amp (if my memory serves me right) on the positive side (just in case).
Jeep Wrangler JL Warn VR EVO 10S & Warn Plate Install Pics IMG_4321

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
No cuts to the plastic or grommets. I chose to go over the frame up front and run the wires along the frame. I hope I can explain how I did it and you can follow with these pics.
The first pic shows the the wires going forward under the top of the bumper to the outside of the frame. The "red" wire is inside the black corrugated protector and the black is running beside the motor,

I brought the wires up between the battery and air box. I was concerned having a front end accident with the wires being "hot" so I installed a relay to keep the wire from being energized and a 300 amp (if my memory serves me right) on the positive side (just in case).
I like your wiring job. I think I did OK on mine but I feel like the area behind the battery is starting to get a little overcrowded. I bought a manual breaker switch because I didn't want it hot all the time to the winch.

If I may suggest, I would recommend getting little rubber boots that go over the positive bolts on your switch. They sell them on amazon and look like little spark plug/coil boots. I put them on mine along with some electrical tape. If that positive cable unhooks or hits something and grounds out, things won't be pretty.

Sponsored

99ls1tj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK 2019 Ram 2500

Is that a EVO 10-s? It looks different than mine.

jt winch side.jpg

CaptStarboard

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brisbanejeepclub.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon 2.2L TD - "Jacko" Punk'n Orange (Old - 2010 Jeep KK Cherokee)
I think I used a combination of a flex head ratchet, deep socket, and a short extension. It was tight, but I didn't have any issue get all of the bumper nuts back on.
fun trick for evil bolt/nut installation is to use sticky tape to attach the nut to the socket, or tape the nut in place. Then when you push the bolt in, the nut is already in position and pierces the tape as it engages the nut. I've also wrapped a zip tie around a nut and used the tail of the zip tie to hold the nut up into an awkward position.

Getting ready to install a Warn Evo on my stock Rubi bumper, so appreciate all your learnings on here!

Cheers,
CaptStarboard

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
What plate are you using? I used the Warn plate, and my wires are pressed super tight to the bottom of my grill.
Jeep Wrangler JL Warn VR EVO 10S & Warn Plate Install Pics DC5FDA9E-C373-4B35-9451-4881D7A51C5D
same here because i too used the Warn plate.

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Thinking I might upgrade to the Zeon as it has internal bus bars....however I see in other threads that some people have issues fitting the Zeon between the frame rails....
I wish there was a way to get an optimized winch plate for each winch. If the holes were 1/2 inch forward then my VR EVO would fit fine...

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL Warn VR EVO 10S & Warn Plate Install Pics DC5FDA9E-C373-4B35-9451-4881D7A51C5D

Jeep Driver, how did you get the wires to come out of the side of the WARN control box? All the VR EVO 10s that I have seen have the wires exit the rear of the controller it mashes the wires against the grill.

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
I dremeled the cover a bit and reclocked the wires so they didn’t press into the grille. Just need to get a harness sleeve to cover they up a bit.

Jeep Wrangler JL Warn VR EVO 10S & Warn Plate Install Pics 3FEB71CB-916E-4A55-A7C4-B77413BD6C9B

Jeep Wrangler JL Warn VR EVO 10S & Warn Plate Install Pics 64A5423E-02F0-4F42-9925-EE2C49829094

Jeep Wrangler JL Warn VR EVO 10S & Warn Plate Install Pics 27D7605D-8112-41EE-8E1C-5EE412A36DFF

Jeep Wrangler JL Warn VR EVO 10S & Warn Plate Install Pics 2743E124-A4B2-4E60-93C0-2899F265A879