Utah recommendations

Jeepmojave85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Alright all you Utahans? Live-nation did a $25 presale today for concert tickets so me and the wife are going to drive out from Colorado for the Dierks concert on August 11th, it’s at the Usana Amphitheater. I have a Mojave, she has a Wrangler Rubicon.

Which vehicle would be more fun in that area, I’ve never been to salt lake. Any recommendations on places to go, see, trails to drive? Places we can camp with a RTT? TIA.
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Assume you've been to Moab?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Then highly recommend hitting Moab if you are going across I-70.

Although you’ll get plenty of additional info here. I’d recommend getting a Guide called Fun Treks (available on Amazon). Not only do they have Utah, I believe they have Colorado available.

OP
OP
Jeepmojave85

Jeepmojave85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Then highly recommend hitting Moab if you are going across I-70.

Although you’ll get plenty of additional info here. I’d recommend getting a Guide called Fun Treks (available on Amazon). Not only do they have Utah, I believe they have Colorado available.
Cool, thanks! I’ll check that out.

Sponsored

Tank2112

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392, Custom Jeep LJ
Cool, thanks! I’ll check that out.
If first time going to Moab, maybe start with an easier trail like Fins N' Things to get a feel for it? Top Of The World is an easy trail, but scenic.
I'd get a map of Moab trails ahead of time and familiarize yourself with available trails.
Hell's Revenge is most popular, but depends on offroad driving experience and comfort level.

OP
OP
Jeepmojave85

Jeepmojave85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Forgot your other question, if they are setup similar, I'd take the Rubi to Moab with the better departure angle and front locker.
That’s kinda what I was thinking but I didn’t know if there were areas for the Mojave to kind open up and get some fast driving in.

OP
OP
Jeepmojave85

Jeepmojave85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
If first time going to Moab, maybe start with an easier trail like Fins N' Things to get a feel for it? Top Of The World is an easy trail, but scenic.
I'd get a map of Moab trails ahead of time and familiarize yourself with available trails.
Hell's Revenge is most popular, but depends on offroad driving experience and comfort level.
Limited experience. I’ve heard about Hells revenge, I’m good lol.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
That’s kinda what I was thinking but I didn’t know if there were areas for the Mojave to kind open up and get some fast driving in.
There definitely are if that's your preference. I haven't been, but White Wash Sand Dunes is a little further down 70.

Moab has plenty to be enjoyed in your Gladiator. Especially if you're newer to off roading, the Wrangler has a more forgiving departure angle, and the lockers give you a little forgiveness with the throttle control.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
I am debating the same thing for my fall trip. Drive my Mojave with 3” lift and 37s, or drive my wife’s JLR on 35s, no lift.
The Mojave would be a lot more comfortable driving from South Carolina, and it will have front lockers by then.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just a heads up, in case you haven’t been in a while. Top of the world is getting tougher these days, it’s beat up and much chunkier than it was just a few years ago. I definitely wouldn’t recommend it as an easy trail to get your feet wet. Fins n things is a fantastic suggestion still as it allows you to pick your level of difficulty through alternative lines the whole way through. Fun for the beginner and seasoned veteran alike.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I am debating the same thing for my fall trip. Drive my Mojave with 3” lift and 37s, or drive my wife’s JLR on 35s, no lift.
The Mojave would be a lot more comfortable driving from South Carolina, and it will have front lockers by then.
To be honest, I did assume OP had a 4 door. Gotta watch your ass end, but the longer wheelbase of a JT is a definite benefit on a lot of Moab trails.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Just a heads up, in case you haven’t been in a while. Top of the world is getting tougher these days, it’s beat up and much chunkier than it was just a few years ago. I definitely wouldn’t recommend it as an easy trail to get your feet wet. Fins n things is a fantastic suggestion still as it allows you to pick your level of difficulty through alternative lines the whole way through. Fun for the beginner and seasoned veteran alike.
I agree, add to that Top of the World is comparatively remote.

Fins is definitely great for beginners, and really Hells is too. All the big bad stuff on HR is optional, just don't accidentally drive in Mickey's.

Chicken Corners, Onion Creek, and Willow Springs/Arches are pretty mellow and would give some room for the Mojave to enjoy at speed.
Sponsored