First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
My other car is a Fiat: it is stylish, a blast to drive, the car is well put together, the engine sounds totally mean and it’s been trouble free.
5C80E020-0705-4853-A925-7D66A111BF0C.jpeg

But I realize 9 out of 10 Americans —and Canadians— wouldn’t touch a Fiat due to that company’s dubious quality 40+ years ago.

By all accounts, the 2.0T is a solid engine. In my individual case, I didn’t want both my vehicles powered by a Fiat engine that was made in Italy —just in case, you know...

For better or worse, that’s how reputations work.
It was some sort of weird nationalistic BS. I mean Ford and GM only started making quality vehicles in the last 20 years. A lot of the stuff coming out in the 80's and 90's sucked. I have the 2.0t and I added the RACE CHIP performance module and a throttle modulator. I also put a Mishimoto aftermarket precharger pipe in and this thing screams. even with 37's (4.88 gears) it pulls harder and stronger than stock.

I've seen a lot of videos on them getting dyno numbers and it seems like the engine has more torque than FCA states. Its been a great engine and I cant wait to get my '22 4XE and mod it as well... should be insane.
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
It was some sort of weird nationalistic BS.

I mean Ford and GM only started making quality vehicles in the last 20 years.
Nationalism, re: Fiat's failure here? No, it wasn't like that. I was there.

Fiats had truly lousy reliability, even for the time period. It's also only a slight exaggeration to say one could watch the cars begin to rust away after buying them new barely one year prior. The brand earned its reputation on its own. That, coupled with falling gas prices in the early 80s after the malaise of the Carter 70s, sealed the company's fate.

Ken Ztopolovky

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2dr stingray stick
Good to hear no one was hurt.

I know the feeling. I was stuck under a 18-wheeler for several minutes in a Corvette once. Watching it's wheels grind closer and closer in what seemed like slow motion. The truck drive did not even realize we were stuck under his truck for a while. We probably were under there for 1/2 a mile, maybe more. It seemed like more at the time. Thankfully we walked away without a scratch.

Z06 in Bowling Green .jpg
Welcome back to the world .This has to be best dramatic event I've come across on this forum. How were you even able to crawl out from that fiberglass pancake?

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
All this talk of Miatas...
Selling my beloved '09 supercharged NC, that I bought new. She has just a tick over 40K miles.
She's been a ton of fun for 14 years, but it's time for a different kind of "Top Down" fun mobile! It's been almost 30 years since my last Jeep (CJ-7), and I'm super excited to get back into one!
Jeep Wrangler JL US vs. Italy 2.0T Engine 20220713_205112
Jeep Wrangler JL US vs. Italy 2.0T Engine Screenshot_20220705-122206_Gallery

Great forum BTW!
(Sorry to get off topic)

Sponsored

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
What turbo is yours stamped as Honeywell or Garett?
My '18 was Italian and had the Garrett. My '22 4Xe is an Italian and has a Garrett. I thought all engines were going to be built in the US by now but maybe the demand is soo high.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I'd been wondering where the engine and transmission of my EcoDiesel were built so I finally looked at those details on my window sticker. Then I noticed the word "carline" on it. Is that a real word?
Jeep Wrangler JL US vs. Italy 2.0T Engine Screenshot_20220714-075043

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
I'd been wondering where the engine and transmission of my EcoDiesel were built so I finally looked at those details on my window sticker. Then I noticed the word "carline" on it. Is that a real word?
Screenshot_20220714-075043.png
I would think they are saying for the Wrangler model in general. A carline would be a model and all trim levels.

EDIT: (3) Carline means a name denoting a group of vehicles which has a degree of commonality in construction (e.g., body, chassis). Carline does not consider any level of decor or opulence and is not generally distinguished by such characteristics as roof line, number of doors, seats, or windows, except for light duty trucks. Carline is not distinguished by country of manufacture, final assembly point, engine type, or driveline.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I would think they are saying for the Wrangler model in general. A carline would be a model and all trim levels.

EDIT: (3) Carline means a name denoting a group of vehicles which has a degree of commonality in construction (e.g., body, chassis). Carline does not consider any level of decor or opulence and is not generally distinguished by such characteristics as roof line, number of doors, seats, or windows, except for light duty trucks. Carline is not distinguished by country of manufacture, final assembly point, engine type, or driveline.
Weird that it has an exception for light duty trucks, right?

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
Weird that it has an exception for light duty trucks, right?
Yeah, I don't think that's FCA specific. I found that on Cornell's law website. But generally light duty and HD trucks are classified differently. That's why Chrysler created the sub brand RAM. because. In part, it helps with their fleet EPA average.
Sponsored