First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
My other car is a Fiat: it is stylish, a blast to drive, the car is well put together, the engine sounds totally mean and it’s been trouble free.
5C80E020-0705-4853-A925-7D66A111BF0C.jpeg

But I realize 9 out of 10 Americans —and Canadians— wouldn’t touch a Fiat due to that company’s dubious quality 40+ years ago.

By all accounts, the 2.0T is a solid engine. In my individual case, I didn’t want both my vehicles powered by a Fiat engine that was made in Italy —just in case, you know...

For better or worse, that’s how reputations work.
It was some sort of weird nationalistic BS. I mean Ford and GM only started making quality vehicles in the last 20 years. A lot of the stuff coming out in the 80's and 90's sucked. I have the 2.0t and I added the RACE CHIP performance module and a throttle modulator. I also put a Mishimoto aftermarket precharger pipe in and this thing screams. even with 37's (4.88 gears) it pulls harder and stronger than stock.

I've seen a lot of videos on them getting dyno numbers and it seems like the engine has more torque than FCA states. Its been a great engine and I cant wait to get my '22 4XE and mod it as well... should be insane.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS 2.0T
It was some sort of weird nationalistic BS.

I mean Ford and GM only started making quality vehicles in the last 20 years.
Nationalism, re: Fiat's failure here? No, it wasn't like that. I was there.

Fiats had truly lousy reliability, even for the time period. It's also only a slight exaggeration to say one could watch the cars begin to rust away after buying them new barely one year prior. The brand earned its reputation on its own. That, coupled with falling gas prices in the early 80s after the malaise of the Carter 70s, sealed the company's fate.

ATO4x4