First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Thought I saw a post from someone in Germany a while back about limits on how tall and wide a tire can be. Your Rubicons come with 32" right vs our 33" ? And how much is shipping cost from the factory?
Here in BE the Rubi's come with 255/75/17 which is 32, and we can go -2% & +1.5% in diameter, and increase the track by max 4%, so that quite limits your tire and wheel choice/options... :(

The 2L is good on paper but you have to ask yourself why the Gladiator which is made for carrying and towing more comes only with the V6.
Well, like you say, the Gladiator is made to carry and tow more than the little JL, so... ;)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Elementad

Elementad

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
The 2L is good on paper but you have to ask yourself why the Gladiator which is made for carrying and towing more comes only with the V6.

The difference in the hood is because the US hood is aluminium and the AU (and likely UK) ones are steel.

For the parking sensors, just drill some holes in the steel bumper or get the ebay one but I think the ebay one is much heavier. If you want another stamped steel bumper, have a look:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=venator+bumper&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=jl+aev+bumper&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images
thanks
Re the hood, why would jeep pay for x2 pressing moulds for the rubicon (one shape for steel and one shape for aluminium) when both countries are happy (safety standards etc) using aluminium? My jag is all aluminium and others such as Ferrari’s, Aston martins have been for years.

On the subject of aluminium how are people finding the change from steel JK to aluminium panels on JL? My experience of aluminium in the past has been that it can be easily dented although I guess it depends on the grade used.

thanks

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
thanks
Re the hood, why would jeep pay for x2 pressing moulds for the rubicon (one shape for steel and one shape for aluminium) when both countries are happy (safety standards etc) using aluminium? My jag is all aluminium and others such as Ferrari’s, Aston martins have been for years.

On the subject of aluminium how are people finding the change from steel JK to aluminium panels on JL? My experience of aluminium in the past has been that it can be easily dented although I guess it depends on the grade used.

thanks
I'm sure there are reasons that outweigh the costs of the steel bonnet.

As for JK steel vs. JL aluminium... I prefer the JK in this regard. The door panels are more straight in the JK. Not that the JL panels are like on a Defender either.

The JL probably has a slightly lower centre of gravity than the JK but tyre choices will show through more in everyday handling.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Here in BE the Rubi's come with 255/75/17 which is 32, and we can go -2% & +1.5% in diameter, and increase the track by max 4%, so that quite limits your tire and wheel choice/options... :(

Well, like you say, the Gladiator is made to carry and tow more than the little JL, so... ;)
In Australia you have similar restrictions but you can go for larger wheels if you can get an engineering certificate to say it has been done right.

As for the V6, the general consensus is that it is smoother and sounds less stressed under wide open throttle. People in this forum have swapped from the 2L to the 3.6L for these reasons. Also, being naturally aspirated, it will be more tolerant of fuel quality variations.

Sponsored

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
As for the V6, the general consensus is that it is smoother and sounds less stressed under wide open throttle. People in this forum have swapped from the 2L to the 3.6L for these reasons. Also, being naturally aspirated, it will be more tolerant of fuel quality variations.
Smoother OK, I've owned multiple 6-cylinders, both inline and V configuration, and yes they in general run smoother. But stressed... how much of your driving time do you spend full throttle if it were to sound stressed at full throttle... really full throttle? Back in the days I raced, I stressed my engines, but I cannot call the 2.0 stressed :giggle: People often forget (or do not know) you can put excessive stress on an engine at low rpm as well..

Fuel quality might be a regional thing to worry about, or when you plan world travels (Africa for instance), but here, we never go lower than RON95, and 98 is widely available.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't seen an answer to my question yet so maybe it was missed, how much is shipping to Europe for a Wrangler? Here it is $1,495 whether you live across the street from the factory in Toledo or to Alaska ($1,595 to Hawaii).

Lapis

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue
The hood differences are to support the sensors/actuators for an "Active hood pedestrian safety system"

Though I don't think it's been implemented yet, there are/will be sensors in the "vents" that detect if a person lands on the hood during a collision and lifts to back of the hood several inches to help prevent the person from hitting the windshield or being rolled back on top to the jeep.

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Haven't seen an answer to my question yet so maybe it was missed, how much is shipping to Europe for a Wrangler? Here it is $1,495 whether you live across the street from the factory in Toledo or to Alaska ($1,595 to Hawaii).
Shipping is at least down here never mentioned separately in an offer - is included in the vehicle price I guess. But, we do get way worse warranty conditions... 2 years, and that's it.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Shipping is at least down here never mentioned separately in an offer - is included in the vehicle price I guess. But, we do get way worse warranty conditions... 2 years, and that's it.
i thought on the UK and Australian Jeep sites it says 5 years?

Sponsored

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Though I don't think it's been implemented yet, there are/will be sensors in the "vents" that detect if a person lands on the hood during a collision and lifts to back of the hood several inches to help prevent the person from hitting the windshield or being rolled back on top to the jeep.
The Jag both the OP has, and I once had, do have a "pop-up" hood in case of an accident. The US version of the car does not have such feature.

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
i thought on the UK and Australian Jeep sites it says 5 years?
US warranty for Rubicon and Rubicon Recon:
Basic - Miles
Rubicon 2-door Basic - Miles36,000Rubicon Recon 2-door Basic - Miles36,000
Basic - Months
Rubicon 2-door Basic - Months36Rubicon Recon 2-door Basic - Months36
Powertrain - Miles
Rubicon 2-door Powertrain - Miles60,000Rubicon Recon 2-door Powertrain - Miles60,000
Powertrain - Months
Rubicon 2-door Powertrain - Months60Rubicon Recon 2-door Powertrain - Months60
Roadside Assistance - Miles
Rubicon 2-door Roadside Assistance - Miles100,000Rubicon Recon 2-door Roadside Assistance - Miles100,000
Roadside Assistance - Months
Rubicon 2-door Roadside Assistance - Months60Rubicon Recon 2-door Roadside Assistance - Months60
Rust-Through - Miles
Rubicon 2-door Rust-Through - Miles100,000Rubicon Recon 2-door Rust-Through - Miles100,000
Rust-Through - Months
Rubicon 2-door Rust-Through - Months60

Our "warranty"... :facepalm: (quickly translated with Google translate out of lazyness):
Our range of warranty services is designed to give you the assurance that your car will receive all the care it deserves even after purchase.

So that you can enjoy it to the full, every kilometer you drive it and all the time you spend in it.
Under the 24-month manufacturer's warranty, any manufacturing defects are repaired free of charge, with defective parts being repaired or replaced. Working hours and consumables required for replacement or repair are also included.

In addition, you have a 24-month (from the delivery date) warranty on the paint on your new car. This warranty provides for full or partial repainting of the vehicle to eliminate any paintwork imperfections in accordance with the manufacturer's standards.

Finally, the body of your car is covered against rusting through from the inside. This warranty provides for the repair and / or replacement of rusted parts and is valid for 7 years from the date the car is delivered.

OP
OP
Elementad

Elementad

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Do you guys wax oil the underside of the wrangler to help prevent rust?

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
No, not as of yet, though I'm playning with the idea.

On the 2.0T VS V6 topic, did you go through this thread already?

OP
OP
Elementad

Elementad

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
No, not as of yet, though I'm playning with the idea.

On the 2.0T VS V6 topic, did you go through this thread already?
No, will take a look. Thanks
Sponsored