UConnect Updates

patedugan

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 80th Anniversary
They don’t. It takes between 30-45 minutes and your Jeep has to be running.
Did not have to be running for mine. In fact, it said the Jeep had to be off and in park. Worked great.
Sponsored

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
When I park, I never look at my screen, I just quickly turn vehicle off and open the door like most people. I just happen to be glancing at my screen when I parked in my garage this evening and the update flashed for a quick second before I shut the engine off and opened the door. I restarted and turned off the ignition and low and behold there was the update. I clicked download (or whatever it said) so hopefully or at least the back-up lines will be there (and stay there) in the morning.
Jeep Wrangler JL UConnect Updates IMG_1492

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
When I park, I never look at my screen, I just quickly turn vehicle off and open the door like most people. I just happen to be glancing at my screen when I parked in my garage this evening and the update flashed for a quick second before I shut the engine off and opened the door. I restarted and turned off the ignition and low and behold there was the update. I clicked download (or whatever it said) so hopefully or at least the back-up lines will be there (and stay there) in the morning.
Jeep Wrangler JL UConnect Updates IMG_1492
I would advise against doing updates without a clear view of the sky. Mine bricked itself with the dreaded “error code 20,” and dealer speculation is that it phones home during the update.

I got a replacement at no charge, but what a PITA. Next time I will update outside the garage.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I would advise against doing updates without a clear view of the sky. Mine bricked itself with the dreaded “error code 20,” and dealer speculation is that it phones home during the update.

I got a replacement at no charge, but what a PITA. Next time I will update outside the garage.
Thanks but too late now. We’ll see in the morning.

OP
OP
Jerpy

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Got my update today (finally!) at probably the most inconvenient time.

Message popped up while stopped at a red light to schedule the update. It started performing the update after I pulled over, parked at a curb, and powered down the engine.

It is also worth mentioning that I was running on very low battery power after having driven over 150 miles.

But after 49 minutes, update completed and now my backup lines are fixed!

Sponsored

Ronbo Ranger

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wrangler Rubicon
When the update message appeared last week, I was apprehensive and tried to NOT update until the U-Connect wouldn't let me adjust the volume of the radio. Finally, I caved. Parked the Jeep and set the time to update. After the update, seems it went well and didn't screw things up. Sigh of relief having read about some update horrors pertaining to U-Connect.

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Finally got the update.

Like everyone else, I’ve got consistent backup lines now. (Knock on wood) fun fact, the update prompts you to press the “assist” button for more information.

so I pressed the assist button, and my Jeep called the UConnect hotline.

After verifying VIN, name, address, first kiss, and leg tattoo, I was put into a chat with a UConnect representative. They told me the update was to fix some bugs, but wasn’t able to go any further details than that.

So in short, I still have no idea what it actually fixed, but the backup lines are more stable now.

hey @JeepCares, can you have the UConnect team publish their update change logs? Maybe I’m not looking in the right place for it. I’m sure most of us are curious about what has been fixed or addressed with these updates.

FrankNY

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLU Sahara
My 2019 has version 19.11.4d. The dealer and the uconnect site both say no update available. Any suggestions?

Sponsored

jwhite77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Wrangler

It uses a cell modem and not satellite. Thus a clear view of the sky is unnecessary. As long as you are around cell towers.

Lawn Jockey

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude 4x4
Received mine on 08/03/21. Seems to fix the bugs…so far.

boston3111

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU
Supposedly the issue with the backup camera lines has been addressed.
My 2021 JLU Willys just updated and fixed the camera lines issue. Now the lines are there all the time when I put it into reverse.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
It uses a cell modem and not satellite. Thus a clear view of the sky is unnecessary. As long as you are around cell towers.
Ah ha. Great info, and still makes sense in my case. I have absolutely zero cell service in my garage.

Thanks for sharing this tidbit. I love to learn things like this.
Sponsored