UConnect Updates

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I got the message yesterday and let the Jeep run to download the update. When I drove this a.m. the backup lines were there. For me, they are normally there 30% of the time so that was good for me. I will keep you posted. You have to leave the Jeep on but not necessarily running for it to download. It has a status bar that let's you know when it is done and also tells you when it is complete.
When does the message pop-up? Immediately after turning off the engine? I never even look at mine once I turn it off and exit the vehicle...guess I need to wait a few seconds now.
Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
When does the message pop-up? Immediately after turning off the engine? I never even look at mine once I turn it off and exit the vehicle...guess I need to wait a few seconds now.
Yea, good question. I typically just park and shut it off never really looking. I don't want to miss the notice.

JohnD170

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI (Mk VI); 2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon
Supposedly the issue with the backup camera lines has been addressed.
I was getting the backup line issue occurring about 50% of the time. I would do the 20 second reset with the volume/tuner dials that that would solve the problem for that occurrence.

I had the update about two weeks ago and since that haven't had the backup line issue (I am knocking on wood right now as I type this)

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I haven't heard anyone report back with the update if it fixed the issue or not.
My lines seem to disappear and return at the same rate they did before this update and the update before that.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Damn....that was the only fix I was looking forward to. It was kinda embarrassing for me when my wife first rode in my JL (only 65 miles on the odometer) and me having to explain to her why there were no back-up lines on a brand new vehicle...smh

Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I said this on another thread, but I haven't seen a single benefit, feature, or even difference from either of the two updates mine has had. Some people said this latest update fixed the crashing and rebooting issue, but that's a problem I never had.

Ibshake

First Name
Ibrahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
I haven't heard anyone report back with the update if it fixed the issue or not.

It happens to me anywhere from 2x per day to every two days at the longest. So I should be able to tell after a few days when I get it.
It’s fixed for me. The lines used to disappear everyday but haven’t done so since the update. I’m in Canada and got the update last week

Cupcake

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys Edition
Yes, right after you turn the Jeep off - watch the screen for a few seconds. It asks if you want to update now so I said yes. Don't open the Jeep door. The screen goes blank, then pops back on with the update screen bars. That's when I turned my jeep back on because I knew if I didn't the update would quit running. Once it was complete I got back in and it told me to restart so I did.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
If you ignore it long enough it will start popping up when you start the Jeep as well as when you turn it off. Then the only way to get it off the screen is to cycle the power to the infotainment system.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Yes, right after you turn the Jeep off - watch the screen for a few seconds. It asks if you want to update now so I said yes. Don't open the Jeep door. The screen goes blank, then pops back on with the update screen bars. That's when I turned my jeep back on because I knew if I didn't the update would quit running. Once it was complete I got back in and it told me to restart so I did.
My radio (carplay) doesn't turn off until I open the door. I think it still plays for a few minutes after I turn the the ignition off (without opening the doors). So will the pop-up show over the Carplay screen?

Sponsored

Cupcake

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My radio (carplay) doesn't turn off until I open the door. I think it still plays for a few minutes after I turn the the ignition off (without opening the doors). So will the pop-up show over the Carplay screen?
I can't remember if I had unplugged my phone or not and if my android auto was still on or not.... I think I had unplugged my phone, and android auto disconnected. That is my normal routine. Then the update popped up. I think it went that way lol. I just know don't open the door right away. I think I had unplugged my phone and the android auto had disconnected.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I can't remember if I had unplugged my phone or not and if my android auto was still on or not.... I think I had unplugged my phone, and android auto disconnected. That is my normal routine. Then the update popped up. I think it went that way lol. I just know don't open the door right away. I think I had unplugged my phone and the android auto had disconnected.
I forgot to mention I have wireless Carplay, so I don't have to disconnect anything. I just turn off ignition grab phone and exit vehicle...lol I guess I will figure it out...lol

Cupcake

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I forgot to mention I have wireless Carplay, so I don't have to disconnect anything. I just turn off ignition grab phone and exit vehicle...lol I guess I will figure it out...lol
Good luck! I totally cannot remember the exact sequence of events...... wish I was more help!