Sponsored

UConnect Updates

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I've been hearing that people have been receiving a UConnect update this past week and wanted to start a thread to discuss it here.

It appears there is a website for information on UConnect updates with a VIN # search option and handy instructional video on how to update UConnect manually.

From what I've read, it appears that the update is sent OTA (over-the-air) in batches to selected VINs and that a screen will pop up on the center display when the vehicle ignition is in the off position (and you don't immediately open the door to exit the vehicle).

At present, I still have yet to receive the update and a search of my VIN does not yield any results. In addition, I have the keyless ignition package, so there's no way for me to "turn the ignition to off" per se. To add to the frustrations, I've been through almost every screen on the center display and there is no way to check for an update or even see what version of UConnect you have.

Please post if you can address any of these issues and/or what you did to receive your update.
Sponsored

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
There is a way to check and see which version of uconnect you have I'll have to find the thread and post it here. It involves pushing multiple climate control buttons at the same time.

Last edited:

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
I had that happen when a couple weeks ago when i pulled into the grocery store. Read the message and said the Jeep must be off for 45 minutes so i just selected a different time in the evening when it would update.

No idea what got updated since i do not notice a difference.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Supposedly the issue with the backup camera lines has been addressed.
I haven't heard anyone report back with the update if it fixed the issue or not.

It happens to me anywhere from 2x per day to every two days at the longest. So I should be able to tell after a few days when I get it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jerpy

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
There is a way to check and see which version of uconnect you have I'll have to find the thread and post it here. It involves pushing multiple climate control buttons at the same time.
TLDW: Press the driver's side hot, cold, and front defrost climate control buttons for 10 seconds to access the dealer menu on the center display. From there, select "System Information" and then "Radio Part Information."

My software version shows 20.53.10.

Last edited:

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
The onle thing I noticed is a faster recovery if you lose the backup lines in the camera. It used to take about an hour to reset after you turn off the engine. I drove a few miles to the store and noticed my backup lines were gone. A was back out in a few minutes and they were back, less than 15mins total. I did notice that uConnect like to reboot whilst driving now…interesting…like twice a week.

RandomSquirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Altitude, 2013 Triumph Rocket3
I received the update last week (I think...maybe 2 weeks ago) via OTA, and my backup lines and Android Auto connection are now significantly more stable. The backup lines now are there all the time, and Android Auto never disconnects. Seems the update was more of a back-end, bug-fix update. So far so good though. #thumbsup

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
It appears there is a website for information on UConnect updates with a VIN # search option
I opened this link and searched my VIN. The results state that there are no updates for my system, yet my lines keep going in and out. Maybe it's not an update that is readily available for download? There's no way I have the current firmware version and my lines are this unstable.

Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I received the update last week (I think...maybe 2 weeks ago) via OTA, and my backup lines and Android Auto connection are now significantly more stable. The backup lines now are there all the time, and Android Auto never disconnects. Seems the update was more of a back-end, bug-fix update. So far so good though. #thumbsup
Any idea what your software version is? Mine is also the 20.53.10.

RandomSquirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Altitude, 2013 Triumph Rocket3
Any idea what your software version is? Mine is also the 20.53.10.
I haven't looked, but I can go take a gander later today. Whatever it is, it's the "latest and greatest".

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I opened this link and searched my VIN. The results state that there are no updates for my system, yet my lines keep going in and out. Maybe it's not an update that is readily available for download? There's no way I have the current firmware version and my lines are this unstable.
They batch the releases. I think all we can do is wait.

Cupcake

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys Edition
I got the message yesterday and let the Jeep run to download the update. When I drove this a.m. the backup lines were there. For me, they are normally there 30% of the time so that was good for me. I will keep you posted. You have to leave the Jeep on but not necessarily running for it to download. It has a status bar that let's you know when it is done and also tells you when it is complete.
Sponsored